Bit Of A Yarn

Stratford RC submission to parliament on racing reforms delivered with 'real fury'

2 hours ago, Reefton said:

We are nothing special Ludwig just a bunch of really enthusiastic Committee with a big mouth President. We are though typical of the one day clubs in that we are smashing our heads against a brick wall trying to work out how the rationale works of closing courses like ours that are attracting punters and horses, doing reasonable turnovers, at least holding our own financially and not costing the industry a cent.

Nobody has been able to adequately explain it and nobody has even tried.  All we get is 'the status quo is not an option'.  It might not be for the CJC or the other big clubs but they want to look at their own activities first not try to cannibalise those who have looked after their money and resources.

Yeah....it has been said before - by much better brains than that possessed by moi - that punters' losses are what drives the wheel.   Without an increase in what punters are prepared to lose,  there will be no improvement in revenue, other than what can be snagged from the taxpayer and increased levies on betting.

How the closure of Reefton,  Stratford,  Gisborne[ or Wairoa ] , Riverton,  Kurow, Timaru...etc,  etc... is going to suddenly increase the spend of the Kiwi punter is beyond me.....and as well,  the pissed-off locals and holiday-makers are not likely to sojourn to Riccarton or Hastings or Dunedin.

• Like 7
  • Champ Post 1

Guest Whyisit

Have been viewing the Tuesday’s oral submissions from the Auckland district a little disappointing with the audio .very hard to hear what some of the softer speaking were talking about . Some interesting submissions Mark Chitty and Vince Middledorp sounded good .

couldn’t exactly catch what Allan Gabraith was on about was keen to hear what he said..

On 18/02/2020 at 10:10 PM, nomates said:

This reminds me of nothing more than a company restructure , where they say they are restructuring and want to go thru a consultation process with staff and then once they have yawned their way thru listening to the plebs have their say , they go right ahead with what they intended to do right from the start . 

100% dead right. 

"Alright folks, we know this can be a stressful time for some, with uncertainty and the unknown, however please remember that you are all going to be part of the consultation process, we value your feedback and we will listen to you... now.. which hand would you like the fingernails ripped off from first? The left or the right?" 

The point is they are going to do it anyway, but they want to come across as being seen to include staff as active influencers and "listening" to them. 

• Like 1

On 18/02/2020 at 10:10 PM, nomates said:

This reminds me of nothing more than a company restructure , where they say they are restructuring and want to go thru a consultation process with staff and then once they have yawned their way thru listening to the plebs have their say , they go right ahead with what they intended to do right from the start . 

100% dead right. 

"Alright folks, we know this can be a stressful time for some, with uncertainty and the unknown, however please remember that you are all going to be part of the consultation process, we value your feedback and we will listen to you... now.. which hand would you like the fingernails ripped off from first? The left or the right?" 

The point is they are going to do it anyway, but they want to come across as being seen to include staff as active influencers and "listening" to them. 

• Champ Post 1

On 28/02/2020 at 3:06 PM, Whyisit said:

Have been viewing the Tuesday’s oral submissions from the Auckland district a little disappointing with the audio .very hard to hear what some of the softer speaking were talking about . Some interesting submissions Mark Chitty and Vince Middledorp sounded good .

couldn’t exactly catch what Allan Gabraith was on about was keen to hear what he said..

The low level sound resulted from the camera being fixed to the back of a chair with an octopus flexible tripod stand. It is also the reason why the camera does not pan around and show the members of the Select Committee.

There were two members sitting on the Select Committee hearing at  Waipuna Suites  in Auckland, who are not shown on the Parliamentary website as being members of the Transport and Infrastructure Select Committee.

One was National Party MP for Hunua Andrew Bayly.. He is the son of Phil Bayly the owner of Blue Denim. She was trained by Dave O'Sullivan, won the Auckland Cup and ran an unlucky second in the Melbourne Cup.

The other was Labour Party MP for New Lynn Deborah Russell, PhD and former lecturer in taxation at Massey University. Avondale Racecourse is in her electorate. She will be speaking, or has now spoken, to the Labour Party Caucus in Wellington about the Racing Bill.

When Vince Middeldorp ended his submission Green MP Jan Loggie said, "great submission" and  Andrew Bayly said  "It was a good thing you had the opportunity (to make your submission)." Vince Middeldorp replied, "I really wanted to say that." Andrew Bayly then said, "You would have been a menace on the road (if you had not been able to make your submission)." Vince Middeldorp shot back, "I came by train." Green MP Jan Loggie exclaimed, "Beautiful" followed by Deborah Russell who said, "I'm going back that way." Vince Middeldorp replied "I might take a ride with you."

Vince Middeldorp's presentation starts at the 5.57 mark in this segment. He spoke for 9 minutes. https://www.facebook.com/TISCNZ/videos/512733309383366/

Vince Middeldorp did get a ride back to Avondale in the car with Deborah Russell MP for Labour New Lynn emblazoned all over it.

Edited by Delta Bro

Guest Whyisit
8 hours ago, Delta Bro said:

The low level sound resulted from the camera being fixed to the back of a chair with an octopus flexible tripod stand. It is also the reason why the camera does not pan around and show the members of the Select Committee.

There were two members sitting on the Select Committee hearing at  Waipuna Suites  in Auckland, who are not shown on the Parliamentary website as being members of the Transport and Infrastructure Select Committee.

One was National Party MP for Hunua Andrew Bayly.. He is the son of Phil Bayly the owner of Blue Denim. She was trained by Dave O'Sullivan, won the Auckland Cup and ran an unlucky second in the Melbourne Cup.

The other was Labour Party MP for New Lynn Deborah Russell, PhD and former lecturer in taxation at Massey University. Avondale Racecourse is in her electorate. She will be speaking, or has now spoken, to the Labour Party Caucus in Wellington about the Racing Bill.

When Vince Middeldorp ended his submission Green MP Jan Loggie said, "great submission" and  Andrew Bayly said  "It was a good thing you had the opportunity (to make your submission)." Vince Middeldorp replied, "I really wanted to say that." Andrew Bayly then said, "You would have been a menace on the road (if you had not been able to make your submission)." Vince Middeldorp shot back, "I came by train." Green MP Jan Loggie exclaimed, "Beautiful" followed by Deborah Russell who said, "I'm going back that way." Vince Middeldorp replied "I might take a ride with you."

Vince Middeldorp's presentation starts at the 5.57 mark in this segment. He spoke for 9 minutes. https://www.facebook.com/TISCNZ/videos/512733309383366/

Vince Middeldorp did get a ride back to Avondale in the car with Deborah Russell MP for Labour New Lynn emblazoned all over it.

Thanks DB. I’m having difficulty in tracking down Mark Chitty’s oral submission on the video.  Saw it once but dammed if I can find it again . There was something he said that really stood out . Actually two or three things .

Edited by Whyisit

59 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

Thanks DB. I’m having difficulty in tracking down Mark Chitty’s oral submission on the video.  Saw it once but dammed if I can find it again . There was something he said that really stood out . Actually two or three things .

Enlighten us when you find it?

20 hours ago, Whyisit said:

YouTube (Volume cranked up 24dB)

Mark Chitty https://youtu.be/NFHrIjzU088

Alan Galbraith (NZTB) https://youtu.be/NpQyDr6gIr0

Alan Galbraith (personal) https://youtu.be/gMRfxYFXt18

Vince Middeldorp https://youtu.be/5dbplu_nbX4

Guest Whyisit
On 3/03/2020 at 3:59 AM, Delta Bro said:

YouTube (Volume cranked up 24dB)

Mark Chitty https://youtu.be/NFHrIjzU088

Alan Galbraith (NZTB) https://youtu.be/NpQyDr6gIr0

Alan Galbraith (personal) https://youtu.be/gMRfxYFXt18

Vince Middeldorp https://youtu.be/5dbplu_nbX4

Thanks for that Delta Bro.   Tis good to hear what Allan Galbraith was saying not good at all . Nice to pick up what one of the select committee ladies said     The issue Is of who owns the land. Will be interesting what the outlook will be.