Bit Of A Yarn

Virus

As tracks around the world are closed to on course patrons NZTR join in by restricting numbers in the birdcage.  -Gate Pa will have hand sanitisers on course and the owners pre race drinkies will not be served in their normal area in the birdcage. Instead they will a ticket to be used in the public bars.This may be a good move as the normal thimble full of orange juice may be replaced with a glass ! Otherwise  I fail to see the merit in the changes -can anyone enlighten me ?

Predictably this response from the NZTR is just plain stupid

Meeting News

Important notice – Covid-19

Trainers, stable staff and jockeys attending Trentham and Tauranga on March 14 are reminded they MUST have their licence cards as they will be asked to produce these to gain access to the Birdcage.

In light of Covid-19 access to the birdcage at both meetings will be restricted to jockeys; trainers with horses racing; their staff; and essential race day personnel ONLY.

There is also a reminder to ensure that you follow the Ministry of Health guidelines regarding hygiene and self-isolation when required.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 5:27 PM, Freda said:

I should think that the public bars would be the last place you would want to be.

I braved it -with a runner in race 10 I headed to the bar for my pre-race bolster of orange juice -oops- bar closed.

What? before the last race. yep! sometimes you just cannot win.