Bit Of A Yarn

Motukarara Tips?

Happy Sunrise

Mordecai at 5.50FF for the place. Hopefully he get handy early and has a soft run.

Stavros the Terror at 6FF from draw 2 with Mr O on board so will get a very economical run.

Allaboutthemoment is at 9FF in the first. Stablemate is favourite and beat Allaboutthemoment in a trial a few weeks ago but the second to Insist the Win (Go On Andover was 3rd with 12 lengths to Mono Gamble in 4th) was very impressive at the end of last year.I must be missing something with it being 9FF??

Look Sharp (same race as Mordecai), Malinka and Glen Elgin Thompson should go close too.

With nothing else to watch tomorrow Channel 62 should be on all day.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nowornever said:

WTF TAB is closing the totes early. Its been happening all day, obviously don't want any turnover

Might be the virus!

This corona virus is going to continue to wreak havoc on business and people’s finances.

Will be very surprised if racing in NZ is going to be happening in 4 weeks, and if it is, there probably won’t be any punters allowed on course!

Currently overseas and that means that once back we will have to go into self isolation!

I sort of already have  even over the past few months anyway!

How long can NZ racing afford not to have racing being held I wonder?

How long will owners want to be paying trainers without the opportunity to race their horses??

Interesting times ahead for one and all!!

Edited by Brodie

4 hours ago, Nowornever said:

WTF TAB is closing the totes early. Its been happening all day, obviously don't want any turnover

Hey mate, just out of interest; were you on course or watching it on the telly or damn fangled interweb, trying to get on?

And did the early tote closure save, or cost you money? 

Watching and betting at home (self isolating?) and although it didn't cost me any money, it did cost the tab thousands in turnover. I got cut off from betting on at least four occasions and I imagine plenty of others in the same boat. On the plus side results were lightning fast to be confirmed compared to how long they usually take. 

On 14/03/2020 at 8:50 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Mordecai at 5.50FF for the place. Hopefully he get handy early and has a soft run.

Stavros the Terror at 6FF from draw 2 with Mr O on board so will get a very economical run.

Allaboutthemoment is at 9FF in the first. Stablemate is favourite and beat Allaboutthemoment in a trial a few weeks ago but the second to Insist the Win (Go On Andover was 3rd with 12 lengths to Mono Gamble in 4th) was very impressive at the end of last year.I must be missing something with it being 9FF??

Look Sharp (same race as Mordecai), Malinka and Glen Elgin Thompson should go close too.

With nothing else to watch tomorrow Channel 62 should be on all day.

good tipping happy, you `on the money' today!

10 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Watching and betting at home (self isolating?) and although it didn't cost me any money, it did cost the tab thousands in turnover. I got cut off from betting on at least four occasions and I imagine plenty of others in the same boat. On the plus side results were lightning fast to be confirmed compared to how long they usually take. 

There is a slight delay on Trackside, as Sky TV is in slight delay, but Vodafone TV is even worse, with over a 40 second delay to the coverage.

• Champ Post 1