Bit Of A Yarn

RITA/NZTR - when will our Post Covid-19 Operational Plan be released?

Chief Stipe

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Here is the British Racing Authority operational plan post COVID-19:

Operational_Plan.pdf 301.54 kB · 0 downloads

Maybe if we could  put  " report by John Messara "  the knuckle heads at NZTR would pay some attention to it . Saunders hasn't had to think for himself up until now so he's got no idea what to do now . Hasn't come up with 1 initiative to progress NZ racing in his time in charge , can't expect much now that this has landed on his plate . This guy is worse than Purcell i reckon , never thought that could happen . There are doer's and can't doer's in this world , i know which one we've got .

• Like 1

I don't wish to be unkind,  Lord knows, I wouldn't like to be tasked with turning the show around ;  but,  given that Australian racing is so far superior to the NZ version,  one would think that a good administrator would be administrating over there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Freda said:

I don't wish to be unkind,  Lord knows, I wouldn't like to be tasked with turning the show around ;  but,  given that Australian racing is so far superior to the NZ version,  one would think that a good administrator would be administrating over there. 

Seemed to me he jot this job when everyone was crying about us needing an all weather track and he had been instrumental in the Cranbourne one . Might have more on his CV but hasn't shown much so far . I reckon i or any number of the posters on this site could have achieved more for gallops than he has , i would have done it for 25% of his salary too . Which is currently twice what he's worth at present IMO .

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Our lot wouldn't have to write much they could copy most of this one!  The UK even has the same number of people employed - 20,000!

Exactly right, they will be waiting  for the Aus one to come out, I've no faith in them. Someone should have been in contact with every club in the country that can race to see what could be put together depending on how this pans out, if the TAB survives it will need NZ product so get off your A and make sure there is going to be something there or at least find out. 

1 minute ago, Fred said:

We may be wrong to assume that the world will get over the virus=find a cure, etc.

Racing as we have known it may now be a thing of the past.

The more I read the more I become optimistic.  I believe that the actual number of people infected currently in NZ is much much higher than the official figures.  I wouldn't be surprised if some people have had it and recovered.  The fatality rate will drop.

• Like 1