Bit Of A Yarn

Wall of shame

Mehe

46 minutes ago, Mehe said:

I want you to tell me your not very clever are you have you eaten at kfc lately 

Just a little bit more cleaver than you hehe . And no not yet I’ve been way to busy working clearly that’s not in your vocabulary! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Honestly said:

Omg read . It’s a work place it’s not a bubble yes going in the same car is a bubble but not at work. It’s like saying why can’t I eat in at kfc . 

Omg read! Your statement is incorrect. ALL club protocols contain the following and refer to specific "bubbles"

"CATCHING:
Maintain 2m spacing until lure stops. One catcher per dog. Catchers from same bubble should move in to catch first. Maintain 1m spacing whilst catching. Return to 2m spacing once your dog is under control".

So based on ALL sets of protocols published, Ms Kite cannot be part of more than one bubble i.e. if she is in the paid employment of one specific trainer (her bubble) she cannot then break that bubble to handle for any other trainer as you cannot be part of more than one bubble. The problem is cross contamination. Yes the track is a workplace, but each trainer is a seperate entity with a separate bubble. You are expected to supply (bring with you) sufficient staff from your bubble to handle your dogs for the duration of your engagements at that meeting. Worksafe are very specific in what they consider acceptable safe practice. The people watching television coverage will not hesitate in notifying any track action they deem to be in breach of COVID-19 Safe Work Site Protocols.

When looking at the published protocols for trials on the GRNZ web pages, the following statement is made:
"Each trainer would then be allocated a time-slot to bring their dogs to the track with two or three people from their 'bubble' - one person designated as Releaser and another person designated as Catcher."
Again published protocols refer to trainer bubbles. So, if you are planning on enlisting help on race day from participants who are not part of your bubble, you better rethink that plan.

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Honestly said:

Just a little bit more cleaver than you hehe . And no not yet I’ve been way to busy working clearly that’s not in your vocabulary! 

That's false. Directives from government is enforcing the 2m rules in the workplace for anyone not in your bubble already. Just because you operate in the same workplace does not mean you are now in their bubble. Same logic surely applies at the track. Especially as it's been proven covid 19 can sit in animals fur and coats

Edited by Jacob
  • Champ Post 2

12 hours ago, Honestly said:

Omg read . It’s a work place it’s not a bubble yes going in the same car is a bubble but not at work. It’s like saying why can’t I eat in at kfc . 

If you don't understand why that statement is incorrect please do not attend the races. There are people in TV land just itching to close you down.

• Like 1

When you "go to work" at the race track, who is your employer?

Public/private trainer 'a' is self employed and in their own bubble.

If trainer 'a' helps trainer 'b' by boxing/catching a trainer 'b' dog, then trainer 'a' is outside their bubble.

48 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

All this bubble nonsense is getting out of hand.  Our supermarkets have largely had a free reign for the last 6 weeks.  The 2m rule in those places is impossible to maintain.  Only takes one person dithering in an aisle.

Agree, bubble nonsense.

However, GRNZ has put forward plans retaining it to Worksafe and therefore need to follow it to the letter. If it's not adhered to, the complaint line will be ringing off the hook and the anti's will like the outcome of that much more than the participants will.

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

All this bubble nonsense is getting out of hand.  Our supermarkets have largely had a free reign for the last 6 weeks.  The 2m rule in those places is impossible to maintain.  Only takes one person dithering in an aisle.

Many people will share your view Chief, but bubbles have been agreed upon and signed off as a condition of racing. You can argue to the cows come in, but it is what it is. To breach the terms and conditions will end racing in Level 3 at least.

2 hours ago, Honestly said:

So what your saying is when I go to work and I have been already I’m in a bubble? 

If you work at a greyhound track on race or trial days, you can join a bubble, but only one. Each trainer has a separate bubble and is responsible for all within it. It is a condition of being allowed to race at Level 3. And by the way, I had no part in the formulation of work safe protocols.

23 minutes ago, Cockyaleg said:

If you work at a greyhound track on race or trial days, you can join a bubble, but only one. Each trainer has a separate bubble and is responsible for all within it. It is a condition of being allowed to race at Level 3. And by the way, I had no part in the formulation of work safe protocols.

Honestly will have over 30 dogs to oversee at Addington tuesday he will need a big bubble... no wonder he is getting so defensive might have to take daddy with him.

1 hour ago, Way South said:

Honestly will have over 30 dogs to oversee at Addington tuesday he will need a big bubble... no wonder he is getting so defensive might have to take daddy with him.

Mate I don’t even have 30 dogs on my property so that would be a challenge. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

Granted . Yes that’s it, you can join 1 bubble as long as your exclusive. 

So as a handler, I can go to Wanganui and join the Cole bubble to help them for Tuesdays race meet and then return again for Wednesdays race meet and join the McInerney bubble to help them for the day?

I sure the virus will like those arrangements as the lock-down has severely hampered its life expectancy.

sars-cov-19.jpg.3fe9db869928db20727775fcda88e2b9.jpg

It’s actually frustrating how thick you all are. When lock down began GRNZ obtained permission for those who work for trainers to remain able to attend work... races are work. Someone please tell me if person “A” has been working for Lisa Cole through out this whole pandemic why can’t person “A” attend the races to continue to work for Lisa Cole? 

21 minutes ago, Joy said:

It’s actually frustrating how thick you all are. When lock down began GRNZ obtained permission for those who work for trainers to remain able to attend work... races are work. Someone please tell me if person “A” has been working for Lisa Cole through out this whole pandemic why can’t person “A” attend the races to continue to work for Lisa Cole? 

No one is thick here are you telling me allan trash drives to coles place every day and works there as well 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joy said:

So you assume person "B" and "C" also work at the kennels fultime, is that correct?. Person "B" and person "C" do not. As you have deemed yourself more intelligent than "you all are", maybe you would like to tell us who the eight workers claimed for all are?

Yes but it will get worse when we go to the 500 meter race like if call has 8 in the the field he will need 16 staff members he never claimed for that many staff with the 7k grant so that will be interesting