Bit Of A Yarn

Addington 29th May

Happy Sunrise

1 minute ago, Trotsfan said:

if you look below in the fine print at addington  it said it is a 10 race programme 

races 2,3 & 4 will have nominations to run more than one race so you will have more than 5 races to lose your money

It is good someone takes the time to read it properly.

That is good news. 

• 3 weeks later...

So we might be getting 2 meetings this week. One on Thursday and one on Friday since the trials have had such big numbers. I hope they do or it is going to be a big barn winning fest. Every man and his dog will be pouring over the trial coverage finding a winner lol.

I also think it is going to feel a bit weird and off putting seeing racing again, but then I will see on odds and 6 horses paying under 2 dollars a place in a 9 horse field and I will quickly realise things are just like like they used to be...

• Like 1

Can anyone please confirm that the Woodend trainers were able to train on the beach during the lockdown ?

Dunn, Todd etc....keen to know how fit they'll be and from a betting perspective do we avoid the small trainer that didn't have a private track to work the horses on for 6 weeks.

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

Can anyone please confirm that the Woodend trainers were able to train on the beach during the lockdown ?

John Dunn was on the news training the horses on the beach so I would suspect those horses would be fit.

2 hours ago, Dougie said:

from a betting perspective do we avoid the small trainer that didn't have a private track to work the horses on for 6 weeks.

You would think the horses who have trialed would be a better bet than those unseen.

On 25/05/2020 at 2:00 PM, Dougie said:

Hard to be critical in these times but how on earth do a wealthy NZ Mett run races for $7,500 but good old Invercargill $10,000?

Addington 22 Races for $180500 in stakes. Average = $8204

Invercargill 11 Races for $89000 in stakes . Average = $8090

Sorry what was your point again?

17 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Addington 22 Races for $180500 in stakes. Average = $8204

Invercargill 11 Races for $89000 in stakes . Average = $8090

Sorry what was your point again?

Thank you for your sarcastic response. 

At noms time all 5 races at Invercargill were advertised as $10k, and NZ Mett from $7500 to $9500.

5 hours ago, Dougie said:

Thank you for your sarcastic response. 

At noms time all 5 races at Invercargill were advertised as $10k, and NZ Mett from $7500 to $9500.

Dougie, have you lined up any horses for us to follow this week? I have a few bills I need to pay and your selections usually give a pretty good account of themselves, and at value too. 

• Like 1