Bit Of A Yarn

Drug testing

Freda

8 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

word is there are another 3   P positives from the Taranaki meeting in June, including Kylie Little's horse that won by 11 lengths.

Yeahh....heard that too. I'm hoping the Messara report will at least raise the integrity issues that are killing wagering investment on NZ racing and that something will be done about it. It's a complete joke but it's not funny.

Edited by curious
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

12 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

word is there are another 3   P positives from the Taranaki meeting in June, including Kylie Little's horse that won by 11 lengths.

I'd say you'd have your ear pretty close to the ground being so short

But tell me it ain't true Joe...Shirley it's a viscious rumour?

...another 3??

Was this pillow chat from the Bloodstock Agents mid year Xmas shindig or something pd?

4 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

The  RIU and ' Naki lads have finally found a scapegoat.

( Us dwarfs can  get into places too small for jockeys and find out things )

They've decided it must be the homeless, the squatters, who sneak into the vacant horse boxes at night for refuge and bring their pipes with them.

Well the so called RULES do not have any defence like ' was contaminated by a homeless/squatter/etc ' to a horse being disqualified when found with (P) in it after racing. It has to be disqualified. End of story. Whoever owns or trains it. Or have the RULES been amended secretly? Do they now say.....'must be disqualified' unless belonging to...???  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Kopia said:

Well the so called RULES do not have any defence like ' was contaminated by a homeless/squatter/etc ' to a horse being disqualified when found with (P) in it after racing. It has to be disqualified. End of story. Whoever owns or trains it. Or have the RULES been amended secretly? Do they now say.....'must be disqualified' unless belonging to...???  

Have any of the local horses tested positive yet? Seems odd if they haven't I presume the contamination is somewhere where horses are kept?

On 27/07/2018 at 3:41 PM, Kopia said:

Yep definitely DQ'd...it's in da RULES!

Any neddy found positive after the A sample...2 weeks later...should be DQ'd immediately!

In the unlikely event ...0.1%...that the swab has been found to be contaminated...

...reinstate them...this nonsense has 3 horses with false ratings...and the others should have their re ratings applied...

• Haha 1

On 27/07/2018 at 2:28 AM, curious said:

Yeahh....heard that too. I'm hoping the Messara report will at least raise the integrity issues that are killing wagering investment on NZ racing and that something will be done about it. It's a complete joke but it's not funny.

I couldn’t agree more Curious. I don’t believe people fully understand the ramifications of poor governance...integrity is paramount to investment, whether it’s the day to day punter or the bloodstock investor. Clearly these positives need to be fully investigated but alas I fear it will be swept under the carpet because it’s all too hard. Only the RIU and the JCA can provide integrity by adjucating in a timely manner but why no statements from either entity on these positives. So that’s the integrity the industry has to endure. You wonder why people won’t have a bet....

It's the PROTOCOL now

No positives announced until AFTER the JCA hearing...

...but Godber had to confirm these positives after the whispering of the Bloodstock Agents...who're the only stake holders notified now...

...how stupid is that?

This all changed after the Wexford case who hated all the publicity over many months before they found the trough excuse...

Tough...Justice delayed is Justice denied as d says...

...and the whispering and innuendo is exacerbated when positive swabs are secreted...for months

ffs Bernie act now...tell the RIU to become TRANSPARENT for once

Edited by Thomass
  • Like 3

So somebody sent in an email to Earily today

"ask Godber about the 3 p NP positives"

Godber gets confused and refers to the November 3...

..when the emailer was wanting the new 3 addressed...

Remember you have to spell it out to Godber and Earily

Theyll squirm and wriggle their way out of anything at all tricky...

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

WTF is happening with these NP POSITIVES ffs??

Its nearly a year now and the Lawyers...Peter Vella's to be exact...are Donkey deep into it...

..but the INTEGRITY of the Industry is being destroyed by astounding delays like this...

Kenny Rae's positive to Meth with ABSOLUT E also remains in limbo..and that's dead

Did running on Meth hide the pain before it's death...

Wtf knows??

• Like 1

At least the latest COBALT positive has finally arrived in the Press

..after being secreted for 3 months...but not the BLOODSTOCK AGENTS...they get told

D. Caskey...the horse KALIPER...397 uh/l...when the limit is 100

Ignorant feeding on the morning of the race...

...and the fact not every swab is tested for COBALT...wtf knew?

Reading further about the Caskey case...hard case az...

This horse had so many Cobalt supplements...it's a wonder it didn't turn Grey...

...an extra boost on race day morning...no wonder it was 400...when the limit is 100...

But Caskey makes a very good point...Do the RIU test every winning sample?

17] Mr Caskey said he did not dispute the RIU’s Summary of Facts other than that the figure of 30mls of Palamountains Equine Plus being given to “Kaliper” in the evening feed was in fact 80mls as part of a 21-day booster programme because the horse was in heavy work. He also admitted that on the morning of the race meeting at Waverley on 28 June he gave 40mls of Iron Tonic to “Kaliper” knowing it contained Cobalt as the contents were clearly stated on the label of the container.

18] Mr Caskey described his concern about the lack of information about Cobalt on the labelling of the supplements he used even though he had discovered that some of that information was on some of the associated packaging. He said he was surprised about the number of off the shelf products that contained Cobalt and it was only when he was at his vet’s one day that he discovered that vitamin B12 contains Cobalt. He described the feeds he uses and said that while the bags state that the products include B1, B2, B6 and B12 there is no specific mention of Cobalt so how could he know it was included in the feed given to his horses.

19] He then spoke about the metabolism of individual horses being different and felt the only way to assess the impact of any supplement was through regular testing. He expressed concern the RIU were not testing for Cobalt on a more regular basis.

Remarkably...even though Nige Tiley got pinged for TCO2 in Aus back in August with Megablast...5K fine....which Bowboys would have slipped him...

...At 36.4...which is a Negative result here...

...Tiley luckily tested 36.9 with Brighton last year...0.1 outside being charged

NO NRTH IS testing has been carried out for weeks...

...just the Sth...how weird is that...

..oh besides one...BEE TEE JUNIOR..wtf?

Did they see Randy Lacy with a tube in his mitt...heading from the latrine after a quick Colonic?? Real weird

And they expect us to "trust them"

yea na

• Like 1

I've been banned from asking to many "curly" questions...Milko

...just give Gobder a wee tingle on Earily's radio show this Wednesday

"Micky...wtf is there sfa TCO 2 testing in the North Island..but quite a f in lot in the Sth...is it the massive Stake imbalance they're racing for down there"

..and then hit him midships

"how come Nige Tiley got fined 5k for testing 36.4in Oz...and unluckily got tested at 36.9 in NZ...or luckily when it's 37 for a positive here...did the Feds make a wee adjustment to avoid red raw bare ass faces"

On 6/10/2018 at 2:30 PM, MaltedMilkshake said:

And you wonder why punters won’t invest....excuse me, but am I the only person who thinks this is criminal negligence....?

not  at all its  quiet common practice the b12  one  only last  4 hours   dons was in race  1 yet a hour after  1st it tested  negative,    as  for the bloodstock agent   ,  wasn't it told him  because he was  buying said  horse       i doubt  what so ever   that bloodstock agents would be  , what  i want to know  is one  thing   ,  and  Thomas  and  dwarf     may not know  this 

and  hey Thomas,  watch this space  i no a  big  bombshell  is about to happen   re  drugs  

my lips  are sealed   to whom  though    

Ok sounds like you're pretty clear on the machinations and consequences thereof gee...

But Bloodstock Agents Do pillow talk...post Sales...after inebriated Stable Girls/Boys find them hot az...

...you've heard the saying..." if you want a rumour to spread...Read virus...just give it to a BA