Bit Of A Yarn

nz greyhound website

Here we go again.

About 1 hr 45m from the start of the first race and the official nz greyhound website still has dogs in the fields that were injured and scratched 4 days ago. In fact it appears all ballots are running today as well. This website truly is very amateurish.The only reason i refer to this very poorly maintained website is because the TAB websites "a" and 'o' look the same  and i often end up miss spelling the names. They talk about wanting punters,but really the official greyhound website just makes punters waste their time .They often don't even have video replays of a days racing if you've missed a race until a couple of days later.

I was supposed to put this on the greyhound chat part. Still, anyone who may be thinking about using the greyhound website should know it is the norm to have injured dogs left in the fields. There even has been dogs on the ballots missing starts sometimes because dogs stood down with injuries 4 days earlier are not scratched until the day. The lights are on,but no one is home.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, the galah said:

Here we go again.

About 1 hr 45m from the start of the first race and the official nz greyhound website still has dogs in the fields that were injured and scratched 4 days ago. In fact it appears all ballots are running today as well. This website truly is very amateurish.The only reason i refer to this very poorly maintained website is because the TAB websites "a" and 'o' look the same  and i often end up miss spelling the names. They talk about wanting punters,but really the official greyhound website just makes punters waste their time .They often don't even have video replays of a days racing if you've missed a race until a couple of days later.

Do you bet on the greyhounds?

13 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Do you bet on the greyhounds?

Only on the waikato and auckland ones. Once you get to know them they are quite consistent. I think the key is to back the one you like to win,but take a couple of savers to win,as the first 50m can be alter your chances if your 1st selection gets a bump. Profits may not be as big ,but if you lose they are not much either.  For example today in race 12 i would put say $10 to win on 2&6 and $5 to win on 3. One of them should win and should get a profit that way.

53 minutes ago, the galah said:

Only on the waikato and auckland ones. Once you get to know them they are quite consistent. I think the key is to back the one you like to win,but take a couple of savers to win,as the first 50m can be alter your chances if your 1st selection gets a bump. Profits may not be as big ,but if you lose they are not much either.  For example today in race 12 i would put say $10 to win on 2&6 and $5 to win on 3. One of them should win and should get a profit that way.

Oh dear,my tips for race 12  never looked likely. I actually had backed 9 of the previous 11 winners including one at $15 by backing a couple each race,,but  i jinxed it by tipping them.  Having said that  my bets at addington not very good and kept me on the losing side. I think i may be better to stick to Korean baseball after all.

• Like 1

Wet track at Addington was always going to be a difficult day.

Plenty of tired horses a fair way out!

Turnover looked pretty small in the tote pools but there seemed to be a bit of movement on the fixed odds.

You wouldnt  know how much was being put on though, as it doesnt take a lot to have the Bookies taking cover.

• Like 1