Bit Of A Yarn

Interesting- Matty Williamson replaced by John Murdoch!

Brodie

Interesting driver change for Essence of Easton in race 5 at Addington Sunday.
Matty williamson who has been the driver for many starts now on Essence of Easton has been sacked and the trainer John Murdoch is taking the reins!

The interesting thing is that John has only a Graduation license and over 50 years has only had 61 drives!

Has the trainer had enough and decided that he can do better than Matty and Gerard O’Reilly?

Will be very interesting!

On 7/25/2020 at 6:15 PM, Brodie said:

Interesting driver change for Essence of Easton in race 5 at Addington Sunday.
Matty williamson who has been the driver for many starts now on Essence of Easton has been sacked and the trainer John Murdoch is taking the reins!

The interesting thing is that John has only a Graduation license and over 50 years has only had 61 drives!

Has the trainer had enough and decided that he can do better than Matty and Gerard O’Reilly?

Will be very interesting

Yes, intriguing. The horse finished much further back than recent starts. Always go with Matty.

9 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Yes, intriguing. The horse finished much further back than recent starts. Always go with Matty.

The interesting thing also is the fact that most punters clearly dont look at things too closely!

The punters sent the horse out 4/3 with a graduate driver who has hardly driven in 50 years!!!
You would wonder if any punters touched it on the fixed odds as well??

The horse had been going ok with Matty on it but you couldnt be on over 2000metre stand with John on it!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if Matty takes the reins again next start!

15 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The interesting thing also is the fact that most punters clearly dont look at things too closely!

The punters sent the horse out 4/3 with a graduate driver who has hardly driven in 50 years!!!
You would wonder if any punters touched it on the fixed odds as well??

The horse had been going ok with Matty on it but you couldnt be on over 2000metre stand with John on it!!!

I wouldnt be surprised if Matty takes the reins again next start!

Agree. I wonder what the reason was. I am a simple lad and I always take careful note of the drivers. Being Oamaru based, I carefully follow the Williamson boys. I got caught many years ago at Invercargill when I saw an owner/trainer take the reins of his  horse. The gentleman concerned was a very large unit, and not surprisingly, the horse was well beaten, and very tired.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Ricky May takes the reins but drawn one so will most likely be buried unless he shows some unusual gate speed.

The horse must be yearning for the grass as much as me.

Good to see a professional driver on!

Matty Williamson not driving at the meeting?