Bit Of A Yarn

Westeros- $4.80 Fixed to win?

Brodie

The NZ TAB bookies or accountants have Opened up  Westeros In Race 5 at Addington on Friday night at $4.80 to win?

Are they kidding, or do they know something that No one else including the horse knows?

The horse has won once from 15 starts and no other placings apart from basically  0!

Yes the horse may have shown some ability at stages but normally is erratic and certainly hasnt looked like winning for a long time and the Bookies open it up at $4.80 against multiple race winners!

I appreciate that the horse has changed stables and the beach training may help but seriously major major unders!

A tip for the NZ TAB Bookies, if you are looking to be driving turnover, you are not going to be doing this by continuing to post odds that are just so ridiculously under what they should be.

Can Westeros win? Couldnt see it from the unruly and against better performed horses.

Westeros has got ability but how on earth would the NZ TAB expect anyone to support Westeros at $4.80???

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Brodie said:

The NZ TAB bookies or accountants have Opened up  Westeros In Race 5 at Addington on Friday night at $4.80 to win?

Are they kidding, or do they know something that No one else including the horse knows?

The horse has won once from 15 starts and no other placings apart from basically  0!

Yes the horse may have shown some ability at stages but normally is erratic and certainly hasnt looked like winning for a long time and the Bookies open it up at $4.80 against multiple race winners!

I appreciate that the horse has changed stables and the beach training may help but seriously major major unders!

A tip for the NZ TAB Bookies, if you are looking to be driving turnover, you are not going to be doing this by continuing to post odds that are just so ridiculously under what they should be.

Can Westeros win? Couldnt see it from the unruly and against better performed horses.

Westeros has got ability but how on earth would the NZ TAB expect anyone to support Westeros at $4.80???

has great trainer get on it brodster

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If they have got one ridiculously under the odds as you say then there will be one or two that are over so in my opinion if they get the odds wrong it is a good thing. Westerous is taking up approx 20% of that market of 133%.

If Westerous has no chance in that field and you can disregard it then you are in fact betting into a field of 113%.

No winging. No excuses just fill your pockets

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Just bizarre. 

Just about every horse inside it could beat it and it opens at that.  Apart from its win the horse's formline is worse than the other popular topic on here.

I wonder if the TAB has a deliberate ploy to mislead with their odds on certain horses. The horse has gone to the Dunn's so 'get on' Similar if a horse goes to Yesberg or Todd. Odds are generally incredibly short eg Majestic Action.

More likely explanation is the TAB just don't want to get stung.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Just bizarre. 

Just about every horse inside it could beat it and it opens at that.  Apart from its win the horse's formline is worse than the other popular topic on here.

I wonder if the TAB has a deliberate ploy to mislead with their odds on certain horses. The horse has gone to the Dunn's so 'get on' Similar if a horse goes to Yesberg or Todd. Odds are generally incredibly short eg Majestic Action.

More likely explanation is the TAB just don't want to get stung.

There is  very little chance that the horse will begin without galloping, let alone win!

Seriously, where on earth do the Bookies get their odds from?

The horse has been going horribly,  Not even going away behind the mobile!

Not getting close since it won its maiden a couple of years ago, and no decent trials that I know of, and $4.80?

The reality is that The Bookies odds are only lengthened out to where they Generally should be, far too late to be able to back something, other than oncourse.

No point on account!!

Edited by Brodie

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

There is  very little chance that the horse will begin without galloping, let alone win!

Seriously, where on earth do the Bookies get their odds from?

The horse has been going horribly,  Not even going away behind the mobile!

Not getting close since it won its maiden a couple of years ago, and no decent trials that I know of, and $4.80?

The reality is that The Bookies odds are only lengthened out to where they Generally should be, far too late to be able to back something, other than oncourse.

No point on account!!

Trev got the money on?? lol

6 hours ago, Rangatira said:

and the korbyn factor

I believe it will need far more than the Korbyn Newman factor to get the horse around without galloping.

At least many sill be watching just to see if “the Brodster” gets egg on his face, however as everyone knows, Brodie is always on the money!

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

I believe it will need far more than the Korbyn Newman factor to get the horse around without galloping.

At least many sill be watching just to see if “the Brodster” gets egg on his face, however as everyone knows, Brodie is always on the money!

broke its run of duck eggs with 5th placing last time out

13 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

No surprise.

Maybe the TAB are clever enough to set a fool's market.

Westeros certainly hasnt got its mothers ability.

Gave Korbyn Newman a very difficult drive, and has got absolutely no early speed.

Would need to improve a helluva lot to win another race, however you would think it would not be having many more starts.

Why on earth the TAB had it opening at $4.80 to win is mind boggling?

• 2 weeks later...