Bit Of A Yarn

Where the Hell is the Racing Calendar for the Next 6 Months!

58 minutes ago, Chimbu said:

There might be another track with issues around continuing with the status quo.

I'm not sure that Taranaki Racing continuing at the current venue for more than the next few years is feasible if this project goes ahead (see below). If this does happen will NPDC give them anything but a very short term lease?

Racedays might be possible, but I can't see how training is given the impact of the construction then the huge increase in vehicular & people movements. Even if it was to be deemed possible it would no longer be an environment I would want any horse of mine to live in if I was with a trainer based on-course. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/122615524/the-91m-plan-to-give-taranaki-a-new-place-to-play?fbclid=IwAR37-9nGHqHWZY7ft5tRVfUBql2T9zr9nEc0lgM8VrRa_ThvfEdUxz2np5c

That option would seem a far better and fairer use of PGF funding than an effing white elephant in a city. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chimbu said:

There might be another track with issues around continuing with the status quo.

I'm not sure that Taranaki Racing continuing at the current venue for more than the next few years is feasible if this project goes ahead (see below). If this does happen will NPDC give them anything but a very short term lease?

Racedays might be possible, but I can't see how training is given the impact of the construction then the huge increase in vehicular & people movements. Even if it was to be deemed possible it would no longer be an environment I would want any horse of mine to live in if I was with a trainer based on-course. 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/taranaki-daily-news/news/122615524/the-91m-plan-to-give-taranaki-a-new-place-to-play?fbclid=IwAR37-9nGHqHWZY7ft5tRVfUBql2T9zr9nEc0lgM8VrRa_ThvfEdUxz2np5c

How are they proposing to train racehorse there with all that going on?