Bit Of A Yarn

Mark Jones not happy with the Handicapper

Mark Jones goes 'full Brodie'  (just joking Brodster) on the handicapper in his discussion of Burnham Boy's race tomorrow. HRNZ don't reply to his emails about it which is no surprise I suppose given what goes on there.

Best bit starts around off at 2.25 and he has another flick at the handicapper near the end too.

A number of good chances this week. And Mark is not happy with the handicapping! MARK JONES HARNESS RACING https://

Happy, nothing at all at doing a “Broderism” rant!

Mark Jones has never really been backward in expressing his opinion, and that is great!

Problem with harness racing at the moment is that there are some real muppets making financial and other decisions that has totally set harness on a path of oblivion unfortunately!

From the NZ TAB and HRNZ there are some really bad calls and it is showing and there Is plenty of discontent now coming out as livelihoods are bring severely hampered.

They need to hear and take notice of people that know what they are talking about like Mark Jones and Brodie.

Mark has a fair point in regards to the handicapping if his horse at Invers!

HRNZ it is a disgrace that you have not replied to Mark Jones but then again the CEO 

Is only part time at best!

Edited by Brodie

It's time to bombard hrnz with complaints about the handicapped system.its been nothing but a total disaster since the rating system started.i congratulate Mark Jones for being one of the most honest best trainers and giving great assessment of his runners most of the time which is great for the sport and punters.mark Jones is a leading light.

• Like 5

I'm just going to leave this here... and see what happens. By about 3.40pm we should find out. 

I've lost count on how many times I've heard a trainer/owner/driver/jockey bag the handicapper pre-race, and then subsequently their horse has gone out and ended up winning the race. Happens in both codes. 

I'm not saying I disagree with their comments (or even the comments made by Mark Jones), as usually I'm in agreeance with them (anti-handicapper), but it's just an observation, that often the horse will run really well, if not win. 

I am a fan of Mark Jones and his team, especially Burnham Boy, so I hope he goes out there and brains them, to steal Davey Macs phrase. 

• Like 1

Mark Jones' comments scared me on this video after I backed Don't Lie To Me at $3. Thought I had done my dough with his summation but she won well. Bet the others who bought it down to $2.60 would have felt the same if they had heard it.

Makes La Rosa and a few of his others this weekend good bets in comparison since he liked them. 

Are trainers good punters? 😲

20 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Mark Jones' comments scared me on this video after I backed Don't Lie To Me at $3. Thought I had done my dough with his summation but she won well. Bet the others who bought it down to $2.60 would have felt the same if they had heard it.

Makes La Rosa and a few of his others this weekend good bets in comparison since he liked them. 

Totally agree. Great result.

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

La rosa vs u know, this looks to be not the worst quaddie leg?  Both  all stars runners could win that leg with la rosa no good thing, smallish field but the draws make it interesting and natbag on riverred helps, ist leg love the size of stephs boy against the other 3 allstars, but more even than might appear

Leaves a nice (as good as it gets at the moment quaddie if regal attire fails?)

Breckon bloodstock  Always deserve their wins! tieing Megera to the clothesline till mark could take him home after the sales

really speaks volumes about their investment in the game! Great supporters and sponsors! Always like to see their colours lead into the birdcage, the hydro fillies series and the` Megera` and `Kates first` battle royales were exciting!

Just need a roughie in regals race, people like steel dust?  why?

• Like 1