Bit Of A Yarn

Nelson Tips

Happy Sunrise

Quite like Zippity Doodah in race 4 at 6 50FF and 2 40 FF.  It has got better with each start and meets a slightly weaker field than it has faced.  A good each way bet.

And I see Speedy Command has come in a bit on the fixed odds from 11 to 7 50. Fair enough after a good run at Ashburton.

Anybody fancy anything?

Guest CrossCodes

Looks a nightmare of a meeting.

A lot of first starters, and a lot of horses lacking any semblance of form.

Also being a 2 day meeting you never who is just going to go,around and wait until the second day until they really try, I'll be steering clear of this meeting!

I personally dont see a lot of standouts tomorrow.But i do like the chances of Hes Fast And Furious in the last.He's been going nice races around Canterbury,running 3rds and 4th.And his wins have come at Richmond Park,he's drawn nicely and the field does look rather even.I think he'll go well and he should be at a nice price.

• Like 1

Must have been the worst fields ever seen at Nelson today. A total disgrace, was never interested in any race to bet. 

Once Nyhan quinelled a race with a couple of dogs, you knew it was gonna be a bad day. 

Very sad, always used to support Nelson / blenhaim circuit 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Must have been the worst fields ever seen at Nelson today. A total disgrace, was never interested in any race to bet. 

Once Nyhan quinelled a race with a couple of dogs, you knew it was gonna be a bad day. 

Very sad, always used to support Nelson / blenhaim circuit 

It is the week after the Jewels and in winter so one wouldn't be expecting any real good horses to start.

Are you betting at Auckland tonight?

1 minute ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It is the week after the Jewels and in winter so one wouldn't be expecting any real good horses to start.

I’m struggling to find a couple tonight. Really surprised Rachmaninov so short at Alex with Trev up? You like any?

2 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

I’m struggling to find a couple tonight. Really surprised Rachmaninov so short at Alex with Trev up? You like any?

I don't have time to follow everywhere. 

Used to be big on Auckland and Cambridge in the old days when I was up that way because I could go and watch.  Doesn't suit me to bet on small fields and I don't like the tight divvies.

Shame to see Auckland lose its lustre as I think it is a good track for betting.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Feel The Money is a really good filly.

Ran 3rd behind Elle Mac and Bettors Joy at Addington one night after making a run out wide and parked.

She ran against the best fillies in the country her previous 2 starts and came the quickest last half in the oaks.

If she had a good draw and a decent run she would not be embarrassed in any fillies group race.

She won today and went the quickest time of the day and won very easy.

This filly has a pretty bright future as she has got quick speed and tries!

She is one of the 3 Westview 17 Syndicate Horses and the other 2 have won as well with Tuapeka Trick continually to improve and has more wins in him still.

I believe that Westview has another syndicate that has shares available in 3 horses purchased at this years sales available, that looks like it could be worth getting into.

Edited by Brodie

2 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I don't have time to follow everywhere. 

Used to be big on Auckland and Cambridge in the old days when I was up that way because I could go and watch.  Doesn't suit me to bet on small fields and I don't like the tight divvies.

Shame to see Auckland lose its lustre as I think it is a good track for betting.

By all accounts, Buster Brady ready to fire from tonight, even if distance doesn’t suit. 

Just took quad for $2 units, let’s see how they go. 

1,2,6,7 - 2,3,4 - 1,3,6. - 4,5.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Good money for you then.

Didn’t actually have an investment Happy, haven’t for approx. 4 weeks.

Cant be bothered the same anymore!

TAB losing their punters but that is probably what they want!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrossCodes

Interesting drive by Johnny Cox on the hot favourite Nandolo today.

Has been very aggressive on the horse in premier fields to date and gone well, today in a very weak field from barrier 2 shows no intent to lead, happy to sit parked and run second, clearly a run just for the second day.

This is why I don't bet on the first day of 2 day meetings, a lot just don't want to win on the first day, just happy to pick up a minor cheque until the second day when they win, I have no doubt this horse will be driven a lot more aggressive on day 2.

17 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Interesting drive by Johnny Cox on the hot favourite Nandolo today.

Has been very aggressive on the horse in premier fields to date and gone well, today in a very weak field from barrier 2 shows no intent to lead, happy to sit parked and run second, clearly a run just for the second day.

This is why I don't bet on the first day of 2 day meetings, a lot just don't want to win on the first day, just happy to pick up a minor cheque until the second day when they win, I have no doubt this horse will be driven a lot more aggressive on day 2.

Thought same. Mind you, Dexter in front, so might not have got there

Guest CrossCodes
NANDOLO - when spoken to regarding the performance of the gelding. driver J Cox reported that he had intended improving to the lead near the 1600 metres however the horse had raced lethargically and had been unable to muster enough speed to cross TALL POPPYMr Cox added that he would consult with trainer J Howe and consider gear changes for the second day of the meeting.

So the horse was lethargic after 700m but still managed to keep going for another mile sitting parked to finish second? Lol.....the garbage excuses that these drivers make makes you laugh,  guess they have to be seen to ask the question but fair dinkum they will believe anything.