Bit Of A Yarn

Arrears list

I stand to be corrected, but I believe that one person on the arrears list (for a small amount) was tragically killed less than a month after the debt was placed on the list. Given that so much industry money has been frittered away needlessly year in, year out,  I'd like to think that this small amount could be forgiven as an act of kindness.

There are so many DB, some are protected, our local feed merchant told us some home truths, they don't prosecute through the courts as they all grew up in the same place, went to school together, married friends of friends or relations and feel entitled as their relo's came out on the first fleet, non paying bills is a speed bump on their highway of life, but they cause major pileups for others.......go figure?

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

35 minutes ago, Tim Carter said:

Maybe before the Saundry era ? Those responsible have left the building! ( or country)

In Saundry's last published report for the year to July 2019 there were debtor current assets  - Trade and sundry debtors from exchange transactions $1,711,725 up from $1,033,143 the previous year.  

These figures are posted in the annual accounts LESS any doubtful debts.

We haven't seen a Annual Report for 2019-2020 - probably due about now!

Also the 5 year Strategic Plan is overdue an update.  As I've said before we seem to have a dark shroud falling over industry transparency.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

In Saundry's last published report for the year to July 2019 there were debtor current assets  - Trade and sundry debtors from exchange transactions $1,711,725 up from $1,033,143 the previous year.  

These figures are posted in the annual accounts LESS any doubtful debts.

We haven't seen a Annual Report for 2019-2020 - probably due about now!

Also the 5 year Strategic Plan is overdue an update.  As I've said before we seem to have a dark shroud falling over industry transparency.

So where is the gap between the accounts and the arrears list? Does the arrears list only include  the "doubtful debts"?

10 minutes ago, curious said:

So where is the gap between the accounts and the arrears list? Does the arrears list only include  the "doubtful debts"?

I have no idea but that might make sense.  What happens to a trainer that goes bankrupt does that wipe out the arrears?

Interesting the increase from $1m to $1.7m.  I can't think of any transaction that is of a quantum that could explain the increase.