NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Auckland Racing- why don’t drivers move????

Brodie

Does anyone know why most drivers at Alexandra Park when they are back in the field just sit there and wait until into the straight before getting serious?

Yes I know you will be wide out on that home bend, but why don’t they move earlier.

You clearly have next to no show if you are past

midfield turning for home so just seems pretty futile even hitting them.

Addington Racing leaves it for dead as a spectacle and betting medium!!!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Over the last couple of months, I’ve seen more speed duels at Alex park than I have Addington. 

Is that because its rails or bust because you won't get cover sitting parked in smaller fields?

I really don't know as don't watch the races up there much. 

13 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Alex Park seems to have more even fields, whereas Addington have a few more favs that tend to lead and dominate. So I also agree,  Alex Park seems more competitive than add. 

Alexandra Park Racing is definitely boring racing compared to Addington as well!

• Like 1

Guest CrossCodes

Agree, Auckland racing is boring apart from the premier nights when the Purdon team make sure there is no walking up front, which is why I like it when their horses are entered in races, they are their to win and always make sure it's a genuine run race.

On 8/06/2018 at 6:34 PM, Brodie said:

Does anyone know why most drivers at Alexandra Park when they are back in the field just sit there and wait until into the straight before getting serious?

Yes I know you will be wide out on that home bend, but why don’t they move earlier.

You clearly have next to no show if you are past

midfield turning for home so just seems pretty futile even hitting them.

Addington Racing leaves it for dead as a spectacle and betting medium!!!!

I know you're a fan of the passing lane Brodie, but in my opinion it has fucked up harness racing...I used to remember as a youngster at alex park seeing so many moves from the back of the field, clever drivers in the 80's doing lightning moves catching a leader napping etc...from the bell to the home turn there would be heaps of horses trying to get handy putting the pressure on....now they are just happy to sit back if not in the lead, trail or 3 back...I wish the passing lane was gone!!!

1 hour ago, Flagship uberalles said:

I know you're a fan of the passing lane Brodie, but in my opinion it has fucked up harness racing...I used to remember as a youngster at alex park seeing so many moves from the back of the field, clever drivers in the 80's doing lightning moves catching a leader napping etc...from the bell to the home turn there would be heaps of horses trying to get handy putting the pressure on....now they are just happy to sit back if not in the lead, trail or 3 back...I wish the passing lane was gone!!!

Personally like the passing lane because it opens up the field in the straight.

Remember as a kid watching horses locked up in the trail never getting a run at Addington and nearly going over the hub rail.

What I also liked back then was the push out rule I think being at any stage rather than the 1000m as it is now.

I understand  why we have it the way it is now but used to be good watching the oldies like Maurice Holmes able to get off the fence whenever he liked.

With the speeds nowadays it would be dangerous if it was anytime as the drivers wouldn’t be expecting it the same as they do now!

21 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Personally like the passing lane because it opens up the field in the straight.

Remember as a kid watching horses locked up in the trail never getting a run at Addington and nearly going over the hub rail.

What I also liked back then was the push out rule I think being at any stage rather than the 1000m as it is now.

I understand  why we have it the way it is now but used to be good watching the oldies like Maurice Holmes able to get off the fence whenever he liked.

With the speeds nowadays it would be dangerous if it was anytime as the drivers wouldn’t be expecting it the same as they do now!

and was no team driving back then to

• Like 2
  • Haha 1