Bit Of A Yarn

Is Harness Racing driving the TAB'S Revenue?

Chief Stipe

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Just did a quick look over HRNZ meetings for August.  129 race in August 2019 vs 166 in August 2020.  An increase of 29%.

Is Harness driving the betting turnover/revenue increase?

I would doubt it very much but the Greyhounds are making life tough for themselves with the another meeting abandoned. How amateur is that?

• Champ Post 1

15 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I would doubt it very much but the Greyhounds are making life tough for themselves with the another meeting abandoned. How amateur is that?

If the number of NZ Harness races in August was up 29% over last year and there was no increase in NZ Thoroughbred races then wouldn't it be safe to assume that the 10% increase in turnover could be attributed to Harness?

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

If the number of NZ Harness races in August was up 29% over last year and there was no increase in NZ Thoroughbred races then wouldn't it be safe to assume that the 10% increase in turnover could be attributed to Harness?

If I was in charge, I would certainly be able to increase turnover and lrofit for the NZ TAB!

4 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

If you are correct then the TAB should throw harness some bones of the betting kind.

Have you ever seen this for harness racing? And they are doing for the Riccarton gallops on the same day too!

image.png.a9bcd890844c16ef2cfcc311d40e600e.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

If you are correct then the TAB should throw harness some bones of the betting kind.

Have you ever seen this for harness racing? And they are doing for the Riccarton gallops on the same day too!

image.png.a9bcd890844c16ef2cfcc311d40e600e.png

Harness is being treated very poorly by the NZ TAB!!!!
How is it that the TAB run Head To Heads for local gallops meetings as well as Australian gallops meetings???

What does harness racing get?

No head to heads whatsoever?????
Come on NZ TAB give the harness punters in NZ a fair go!

Stop restricting them to pathetic amounts, bring back the headies and encourage the punters to offload!

Maybe you will find that you will do ok out of it?

• Like 2