Bit Of A Yarn

Jimmy Cannon going cheap at Auction

Dougie

18 minutes ago, Dougie said:

For sale on the auction site right now with the bid sitting at a thousand bucks with 4 hours to go, not a bad pacer can run well on the grass or grit would be a great little purchase for someone looking for some fun over the summer months.

If Vigoroso can be bought by aussies and win over there I can't see why Jimmy couldn't do the same for 1000!

1000 is a great buy if anyone is looking for a horse to race right now.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

He's a rating 58 which is the problem. He won an amateur race recently and would be an ideal ongoing amateur horse, but the amateur races are no longer programmed to include claimers, and are generally for up to R53 horses. So he's got to run 5 races worse than 5th to become eligible in a grade where he would be competitive. In saying that, if claimers were allowed, he'd certainly be on my radar. Who knows, if placed well, he might pick up another race in his current grade.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheHorseman said:

He's a rating 58 which is the problem. He won an amateur race recently and would be an ideal ongoing amateur horse, but the amateur races are no longer programmed to include claimers, and are generally for up to R53 horses. So he's got to run 5 races worse than 5th to become eligible in a grade where he would be competitive. In saying that, if claimers were allowed, he'd certainly be on my radar. Who knows, if placed well, he might pick up another race in his current grade.

Yes true, but I think it would be a perfect horse for say someone like the Knights at Central Otago for November to January, plenty of racing opportunities in weaker company and decent $$

• Like 1