Bit Of A Yarn

Seeing its election time.

mikeynz

• mikeynz changed the title to Seeing its election time.

I don't think the politics of elections needs to be involved in racing, I think it only needs to come from common sense decisions of the governing body.

The future of NZ racing looks extremely boring and I'd have to say its only recently (last couple of years) I've really noticed that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Huey said:

I don't think the politics of elections needs to be involved in racing, I think it only needs to come from common sense decisions of the governing body.

The future of NZ racing looks extremely boring and I'd have to say its only recently (last couple of years) I've really noticed that. 

Maybe you have been watching so much racing that it is getting boring to you,I haven't even seen the rugby yet,that bores me now,racing cant be completely stuffed judging by the field sizes for some meetings despite modest stakes but I have noticed the stakes especially  for some of the harness are very ordinary,how you get bigger stakes well you gotta have more income,that's the hard part.

Ok people,its election day and something to ponder,does anybody really believe that anything will be better in 3 years,everyone will have a job,house,healthy mind as in no stress,we are being fed so much shit by the large numbers of halfwits wanting to be in govt,forget about the nonsense  about declining water quality,and thats debatable in many cases what about our declining quality of life,its been declining for decades,why because people are so fucking clever,yeah right,.........a expression we dont hear enough of is a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing,so true but hey there is a bright light on the horizon,the new apple i phones out and for only a couple of grand you can get all you need to survive,really ?,can get a handy enough smartphone for a couple of hundred bucks,in summing up next time your out in the country and you see a farmer shifting sheep take note that how when the first sheep goes through a gateway all the others follow,just the same as people really following the leader,only difference is that for the sheep the grass is greener on the other side,nought much will change as long as we keep having more people making more problems,next time you hear our great leaders telling is lets start moving forward lets all salute them lol as weve been going backwards for about the last 40 or 50 years   New Zealand was a good country once, it aint what it once was, will it ever be as good again, probably not but here is hoping.

Edited by mikeynz

But there is one ray of light appearing on the horizon, and wait for it ,da da da da da da da and it is tracksides going to screen more greyhound racing. they have managed to secure coverage from the dogs from China and these are supposed to be the fastest in the world, like who would want to be a slow dog in a place like that so top racing is guaranteed, and as result turnover will boom.