Bit Of A Yarn

Scooby's had a 'mare today

Poor guy can't run a comp to save himself.  He's had an absolute Barry Crocker today.  $400 prize and only 30 entries but that's only the half of it.

He comes up with this twist in the scoring where you get triple the win dividend if your best bet wins.

But then he forgets about that and early on gives someone double points (2 x 5 points) for a best bet winner.  Has it pointed out to him and tries to correct it but gets the maths wrong.  Has this pointed out to him and gets all defensive (no surprises there).

But wait it gets better - having been reminded about his triple dividend rule, he forgets about it again later in the day and only awards 10 points to a best bet, when he should have awarded three x 5 = 15.  And on this occasion it made the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

?

• Haha 1

Congratulations though, to Richie and Punter Pete, couple of longtime comp regulars.

I sent Ocker75, last weeks Jewels winner, a reminder/congrats PM, which has never been looked at, because of course, they no longer exist, either that or they only log in every 12 years:D

• Haha 1

I knew she had something to do with cakes, and I thought you might have got your rhyming slang wrong TC, so I looked it up and much to my surprise, found this

Betty Crocker

A chick who is ALWAYS ready to SPREAD for your FROSTING!

and after all of that he still has the scores wrong:

Richie earned 19.1 points and he has him down with 16.1 points

and he's given Korio 5 points for a sub (with Korio's pick Megablast scratched), but his rules state "Scratchings after entries close go onto favorite" - Megablast was scratched before entries closed (1pm NZT)

so Richie was initially declared the winner, was then relegated to fourth, and now should be promoted to third :)

Edited by The Crucible

On ‎9‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 10:46 PM, The Crucible said:

Poor guy can't run a comp to save himself.  He's had an absolute Barry Crocker today.  $400 prize and only 30 entries but that's only the half of it.

He comes up with this twist in the scoring where you get triple the win dividend if your best bet wins.

But then he forgets about that and early on gives someone double points (2 x 5 points) for a best bet winner.  Has it pointed out to him and tries to correct it but gets the maths wrong.  Has this pointed out to him and gets all defensive (no surprises there).

But wait it gets better - having been reminded about his triple dividend rule, he forgets about it again later in the day and only awards 10 points to a best bet, when he should have awarded three x 5 = 15.  And on this occasion it made the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

?

scoobys whata dick head he is lol

• Champ Post 1

• 2 weeks later...

You might recall TC that there was a time by his own admission that Scooby never even visited the Comps section on his own website

Now he is all over the comps like an annoying rash, only because he has lost so many posters to BOAY and it is the only way he knows how to buy people's loyalty, prizes get bigger every week, the number of entries go down each week

That's about as shallow as you can get and those that can't see through that probably don't want to or just are happy to take his money and then come back to BOAY

Edited by hesi

48 minutes ago, hesi said:

You might recall TC that there was a time by his own admission that Scooby never even visited the Comps section on his own website

Now he us all over the comps like a annoying rash, only because he has lost so many posters to BOAY and it is the only way he knows how to buy people's loyalty, prizes get bigger every week, the number of entries go down each week

That's about as shallow as you can get and those that can't see through that probably don't want to or just are happy to take his money and then come back to BOAY

Was it the Beatles that sang "money can't buy me love"

• Haha 1