Bit Of A Yarn

Penn National Races on Trackside 2 on Cox Plate Day

Chief Stipe

Can anyone explain why the TAB broadcasts gallops from Penn National on a premier day of racing?

I realise it is only on Trackside 2 but 5 mins to go and there is $55 in the Win pool and $18 in the Place pool!

$20 in the Quinella and only $3 in the Trifecta pool!

I'm surprised they're not offering Fixed Odds betting!

• Chief Stipe changed the title to Penn National Races on Trackside 2 on Cox Plate Day

Last night hey had the Manikato sandwiched between an nondescript greyhound race and a nondescript harness race . Last 1 or2 horses loading for the Manikato as they crossed , then barely 30 secs post race . The producers simply have no understanding or connection with the product , to them those 3 races were one and the same . It is just a gambling product to them .

Imagine the All Blacks were playing a test but no one knew the opposition , or any of the players names . his is how they treat racing . Just another race for people to bet on .

• Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, nomates said:

Last night hey had the Manikato sandwiched between an nondescript greyhound race and a nondescript harness race . Last 1 or2 horses loading for the Manikato as they crossed , then barely 30 secs post race . The producers simply have no understanding or connection with the product , to them those 3 races were one and the same . It is just a gambling product to them .

Imagine the All Blacks were playing a test but no one knew the opposition , or any of the players names . his is how they treat racing . Just another race for people to bet on .

There's no leadership Nomates, none, zilch, zero, zip......the boss thinks that horses gallop everyday, Trackside is run by zombies it appears, and marketing has fallen off the cliff.......more cost cutting to come, funding must be due soon, hey, that'll be interesting, Comrade Jacinda will reach into the warehouse handbag and pull out the cheque book.....NOT........Bernie might just be looking at his mates at RVL for a pop up position........

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ladyenergy said:

Are you ozzies representing Sportsbet? I was watching Friday night and we had all pre and post race coverage on ts1. 

I recorded it , on ts 2 because that was the channel the TAB site said it was being shown , if i had known i would have recorded ts 1 , obviously . Can only work with the information given . So why were they saying 2 when it was on 1 , they don't make it easy , chopping changing channels on any given day or any given meeting for that matter . Not hard to give some consistency .

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, nomates said:

I recorded it , on ts 2 because that was the channel the TAB site said it was being shown , if i had known i would have recorded ts 1 , obviously . Can only work with the information given . So why were they saying 2 when it was on 1 , they don't make it easy , chopping changing channels on any given day or any given meeting for that matter . Not hard to give some consistency .

As I posted in another thread it seems to be on auto-pilot as the presenter in the studio doesn't seem to know either.

Production team must only work Mon-Fri 9-5.