Rail: True | 5mm Irrigation Overnight | 1mm Rain Overnight 
Weather and Track last updated at 8.56am Wednesday 4 November

Nomination Morning
Weather: Now Showery 
Track: Dead 5 
Rail: True | Irrigating tonight
Weather and Track last updated at 12.25pm Tuesday 3 November

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Good effort by the Track Manager.  Pitty won't be pleased though if they hadn't irrigated earlier in the week he might have got the rock hard G2 he was looking for!

Race Day
Weather: Overcast
Track: Dead 4
Rail: True | No Rain
Weather and Track last updated at 6.16am Saturday 7 November

pitty might be  happy he just trained a winner

15 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

His second so far.  Mind you he did have 6 out of 12 winners in the last race!  He has 27 horses in today he must be run ragged!

Chief and the truth -polar opposites. Once again telling lies to embellish your bullshit

We had 22 starters, 4 wins several placings including 3rds in both features Gp 1 Guineas and LR Pegasus, every single horse/owner earned more than noms, acceptance and riding fees for the day Without adding up about $125k for the day All four of our winners and every single place getter we  developed and or purchased ourselves from scratch  

Two constants- you keep telling lies and we will keep training winners

Edited by Pitman
  • Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Pitman said:

Chief and the truth -polar opposites. Once again telling lies to embellish your bullshit

We had 22 starters, 4 wins several placings including 3rds in both features Gp 1 Guineas and LR Pegasus, every single horse/owner earned more than noms, acceptance and riding fees for the day Without adding up about $125k for the day All four of our winners and every single place getter we  developed and or purchased ourselves from scratch  

Two constants- you keep telling lies and we will keep training winners

Bullshit Pitty.  I meant to write runners not winners.  I've now edited my post.

The 27 I quoted from Aiden Rodley on Trackside.  I didn't bother to check it.  Bit like Rodley's picks!  Is that the reason you dragged him aside for a chat.  Was it to correct him or call him a LIAR?

Either way I did count the number of runners you had in that race - 6 out of 12.

I also congratulated you.

BUT NEVER NEVER CALL ME A LIAR!

If we took that line then your call that the track on 3 October was a "good 3 and in excellent order" would make you a LIAR rather than an opinionated marketer would it not?

It would also make all the posters who disagreed with you LIAR!

• Champ Post 1

Recollecting Rodley said 25 or 27.... Perhaps the 25 was referring to the number of acceptances.

No disrespect Pitty I've given credit where credit is due and have often posted that you are a great trainer.  But seriously don't ALL trainers develop or personally purchase their horses from scratch?  I didn't realise you have never bought from the Ready-to-Run sales.

Yes the locals had a great day - a great day for Canterbury and a great day for the South Island.  As Cup week always is.  Just as on the first day of the carnival the locals/South Islanders win 70% or more of the races.

In my opinion the first two horses in the Guineas look special - Aegon looks and races so much like his sire Sacred Falls.  Sacred Falls was one of my favourites and given his breeding I thought he would make a great sire.  His death was a big loss to the industry.  Aegon's finish was top shelf.  If you read the stipes report he had to overcome a lot to get a clear run but still managed to win.

Bourbanaire is a great looking animal too.  Listening to those who have seen him up close he looks a stunner of a colt.  Aegon contacted him badly in the home straight and he lost his balance but picked up and kept going.  Nice effort.

Marine a top effort after clipping heels.  It happened at the 1100m in the race.  The very top liners can recover from that and win although McNab nearly went over the top.  He was having trouble settling him just prior to that.  The Stipe vision will be interesting.

In my opinion none of them are Derby types.  So will all three have a break now and follow the normal pattern - Guineas races in NZ early in the new year and then off to OZ?

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I can only go on what you put on here and the 27 you stated was incorrect It was a lie

No it was because Aidan is Michael McNabs manager and we needed to discuss his rides on Wednesday

The track on Oct 3rd was great As was the track yesterday I wonder if track conditions will be blamed for some stables poor performances

2 minutes ago, nomates said:

Bit dramatic , it's was misinformation .

To lie is to convey with deliberate intent to mislead . Hardly that . 

But you do win the cookie point .

Correct it wasn't a LIE - I quoted Rodley who was wrong and I didn't fact check.  The point I was making was if there are 12 runners in a race and you have 6 of them then you should be expected to win.

In that regard Terri Rae had a great day 4 winners from 7 starters!

10 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Great performance from Terri, hasn't anywhere near the cattle that others have but gets wonderful results. Her horses look terrific in the yard and race accordingly, would have been a top liner in Oz.

Yeah I just did the numbers 7 starters 4 wins and 1 placing.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:The point I was making was if there are 12 runners in a race and you have 6 of them then you should be expected to win.

And we did, in fact we did quinella the race And we freely tipped the winner in several media outlets. 

I'm not going to call YOU a liar because that is your opinion but if you can really compare yesterday's track with this picture then.....well....

screenshot-loveracing.nz-2020.10.04-11_41_24.png

Once the course proper is getting the runoff from the AWT, that should settle the dust.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Running Man said:

who said it was

Hopefully the engineers have it right but according to the plan in the resource consent, the drainage from the outside of the AWT is supposed to go to the area between the two tracks. have I got that wrong?

Edited by curious

1 hour ago, curious said:

Hopefully the engineers have it right but according to the plan in the resource consent, the drainage from the outside of the AWT is supposed to go to the area between the two tracks. have I got that wrong?

I only quickly scanned the document but I think I read that because "the track was replacing an existing grass training track there would be no changes to storm water volumes and management".

Isnt there literally, in simplistic terms, an asphalt road being built on top of which sand is being spread?  Doesnt seem like like for like to me.

I only quickly scanned the document but I think I read that because "the track was replacing an existing grass training track there would be no changes to storm water volumes and management".

Isnt there literally, in simplistic terms, an asphalt road being built on top of which sand is being spread?  Doesnt seem like like for like to me.

I may not understand this but the runoff from the tarmac now has to be absorbed on either side of that 16m doesn't it, whereas before it could percolate directly down through the grass track it is replacing?