Bit Of A Yarn

Riccarton AWT

16 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I don't really believe Timaru will close,Oamaru don't seem to race much,I have a look at past results and even then some of the winter or August meetings had small fields and in some cases only 6 or 7 races,even if they do have a AWT at Riccarton it won't make a scrap of difference to the grass track,one extreme weather event like last week and then racing on it does damage that lingers a long time, a better spread of meetings at venues  and a better quality productmakes  more sense.

I think Oamaru was on the 'close'  list, however there must have been a re-think as it does have a permit or two still.

The 'chase course was good, why jumping stopped there, I don't know - especially as Dunedin doesn't seem to want [ or be allowed ] to hold jumping any more.

Timaru has been reduced to three permits only for next season - a forerunner for things to come?

1 hour ago, Freda said:

I think Oamaru was on the 'close'  list, however there must have been a re-think as it does have a permit or two still.

The 'chase course was good, why jumping stopped there, I don't know - especially as Dunedin doesn't seem to want [ or be allowed ] to hold jumping any more.

Timaru has been reduced to three permits only for next season - a forerunner for things to come?

Congratulations on your nice win, very good effort in open company.

• Like 1