Bit Of A Yarn

Why does Opee Bosson feel the need to CHEAT?

Thomass

22 hours ago, Horace said:

Of course you're correct Thomas. I'm astounded to think that anyone who posts here believes that a horse won't feel pain after being thrashed to the extent that weals are so obvious. It's arrant nonsense to say so. 

What do these people think would happen if someone walking a dog on a lead suddenly pulled out a 'weapon'..i.e. whip...and thrashed the dog in public view? Because it misbehaved.. How long would they last as animal owners and would they face consequences? ..or children who misbehaved? And so why don't horses have the same protection? Just because they are 'expected' to perform to the 'owners' satisfaction..does that give anyone the authority to belt them and cause weals and draw blood? Yes, I've seen blood on horses after races, and only caused by whips.

To take the matter further, if these apologists for horsepeople feel that it's ok to thrash horses and cause pain during and after races..why stop there? Why not use metal whips? Sharpened spurs? Jiggers? could this be justified on the basis that ' we want to get the best out of the horse'?  don't think so.

I've stated before there is a place for very limited whip useage in racing-but not to the extent that it harms horses. It would be limited to a short number of strikes throughout a race-its up to the rider to determine when to use it. And transgressors must be protested against if they fill a dividend bearing position..lets see how often that rule would be used if it came in? Bugger all in my opinion. Start taking races off connections and they'll soon sort out the rider they want on their horse/s.

And Opie..? I'm surprised that a rider of such quality needs to do this to horses. If there were no whips in races and horses won due to the riders capability and horsemanship...Opie would still be Numero Uno in my book.

One of THE better posts I've read on the subject Horace...

NZTR's meeting on the reduction of strikes may already have been had...Im predicting a reduction in line with Europe and California...if they know what's good for the industry...

Unfortunately we're strongly aligned with Australia and their ridiculous situation of Federation jealousy where you have the likes of Vlandle rooting to keep whipping the shit out of his animals..

Racing Victoria are our friends in this...And Bernie MAY have a like minded take being a Vicker...

If we keep the status quo we should be adopting Australia's rule of allowing protests...

Opee would surely have been relegated on AMARELINHA after receiving a 1 real day suspension...after all...he got there by a nose after cheating...

It would've been a clear cut relegation 

• Bad Post 1