Bit Of A Yarn

World Cup 2018

Steve, did you manage to watch the biopic called 'Bobby' on Rialto tonight, about the life of Bobby Moore.

Incredible historic footage of the 66 World Cup, to go with what turned out to be a sad story.  A true giant in English football, yet so badly treated by the FA and West Ham after his career was in decline.

The biopic gives you an understanding of just how fanatical and how ingrained football is in England

9 hours ago, hesi said:

Steve, did you manage to watch the biopic called 'Bobby' on Rialto tonight, about the life of Bobby Moore.

Incredible historic footage of the 66 World Cup, to go with what turned out to be a sad story.  A true giant in English football, yet so badly treated by the FA and West Ham after his career was in decline.

The biopic gives you an understanding of just how fanatical and how ingrained football is in England 

Yes, I have seen it before, very sad, in fact there were quite a few members of the 66 winning team who did not fare too well later in life.

Speaking to be people back home it is brilliant at the moment, imbibing in the pub gardens while experiencing a heatwave while watching the national football team exceeding everyone's expectations.

Not often said this since coming to NZ, but wish I was there!

• Like 2

Isn't it great that soccer fans the world over will no longer have to watch the sight of NEYMAR writheing on the ground in agony at this tournament.

Although i have no doubt now that the comp is over he will be writheing on the ground only this time there may be a few Russian females helping to ease the pain.

Hollywood here i come.

• Like 1

Had a wager on Belgium to make the semis so happy with this morning's result.

Went down to TAB to collect and have a wager on the horses today, only to find not paying yet.

I think I know why this will be the case - because they can't partially result that option - still two quarter finals to play.  How poor is that? 

6 hours ago, mumbles said:

The only song i can think of this morning after hearing England 2   Sweden 0 is by that upstanding Englishman Gary Glitter

Hello

hello

It's good to be back.

They must stand a great show of getting to the final. The only annoying thing is that even when presented with space they still tried to walk it in instead of shooting. I hope that changes. The 3rd youngest team at the comp do show signs of immaturity at times, but let's hope. I'm not English but always up for a feel good story. Go England

• Like 1

They looked pretty comfortable this morning.  Well organised at the back and Pickford is playing well.

Croatia will have tired legs in the semi after two two hour plus matches in a row.  Mandzukic looked like he was 52, not 32.  Keeper will probably be lame in his box the morning after.

Where are you Steve, still hungover.

I thought you would have been all over this thread like a rash.

Not a huge football fan, but I would have thought England are better off against Croatia.  Russia's show, so may have been a lot more pressure