Bit Of A Yarn

Ive never tried Meth..

Clarkie

Have You?     Does the R.I.U. run by that useless Award Winning  Sausage Sizzler operator from the Addington Showgrounds  "GODBER"   notified anyone of the Nth Island Trainer  has a positive to Meth at a recent Addington Feature Meeting ?  Or is it Once again Fake News...??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clarkie said:

Have You?     Does the R.I.U. run by that useless Award Winning  Sausage Sizzler operator from the Addington Showgrounds  "GODBER"   notified anyone of the Nth Island Trainer  has a positive to Meth at a recent Addington Feature Meeting ?  Or is it Once again Fake News...??

Its not fake news 

Edited by Mehe

On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 11:09 PM, Mehe said:

Its not fake news 

Well If it's not fake news why arn't you all ?  under false names  having something to say about it?    Have you all given up and letting these fucking arseholes completely take over.?     Several lovely genuine family units at least on the WAY OUT !!  Unable to sustain the crap dished out.. Years of genuine participation and love for there dogs under  major threat!!!!   It is pitifull to see lack of management allowing the sport to dwindle into oblivion... Does any one care or this just the sign of the present times. ?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Clarkie said:

Well If it's not fake news why arn't you all ?  under false names  having something to say about it?    Have you all given up and letting these fucking arseholes completely take over.?     Several lovely genuine family units at least on the WAY OUT !!  Unable to sustain the crap dished out.. Years of genuine participation and love for there dogs under  major threat!!!!   It is pitifull to see lack of management allowing the sport to dwindle into oblivion... Does any one care or this just the sign of the present times. ?

Clarkie this is the very reason you got kicked out of the game 

You should give up drinking as you cant handle it 

Thanks Wally, I have txts from a licensed person claiming these  charges.. I would never mention a name until the truth comes out,  as  in this instance,   The front person is not shown as "The actual trainer". It amazes me how info like this gets through to some and it is not made openly to the racing fraternity which it should be!!.. What ever,  if it is factually true the arsehole should be closed down and an example made.. On another note,   Has Brendon Cole ever had a positive charge against him? The fact that Rendle has so much influence  right through  the system is very suspect..

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Seems to be quite a lengthy investigation phase over an infraction that had generated a 14 month suspension in the previous case & a 24 month disqualification in the case prior to that. Meth is a tricky thing to deal with, especially when it turns up in a place that isn't nearly as convenient as it had been previously.

Surely all three cases have been treated equally during the investigation phase and will again be treated equally when the JCA hearing finally begins.

I believe the 2nd swab requested has also  returned a positive..Surely an example has to be made here and not only treated equally to the previous cases  but how about doubling up on the  original outcomes.. Give the arseholes life!!   Clean this  sport up before it is closed down for good. 

• Champ Post 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Yet again it's not what has been done but who's done it & this case strengthens that summation.

Previously four weeks for fraud & now 4 months for Meth....

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-a-h-turnwald-decision-dated-21-april-2021-chair-hon-j-w-gendall-qc

So where were the standards they were supposedly adopting?

Why was no one was asked to be drug tested? 

3 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

From 2015 ~ Here's the fraud case that the defense lawyer politely confessed “… could be perceived to be dishonest”

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-pb-freeman-decision-dated-8-january-2015/

Geez Yankiwi - a different trainer more than 5 years ago?

The defence lawyer also said He denied that Mr Freeman had been corrupt or fraudulent 

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

My understanding is that the trainer concerned sought a test themselves and tested negative.  

From what I read in the decision, my understanding is that the dog tested positive for meth acquired from an "unknown source".

In the two previous cases for meth the source was believed to be from cross contamination from someone working within the respective kennels.

In this case, they claim they have no idea or even an opinion of the source. To me, that is much more suspect.

Why was the disqualification so much shorter in length then the believed cross contamination cases were? 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Yet again it's not what has been done but who's done it & this case strengthens that summation.

Previously four weeks for fraud & now 4 months for Meth....

http://www.jca.org.nz/non-race-day-hearings/non-raceday-inquiry-riu-v-a-h-turnwald-decision-dated-21-april-2021-chair-hon-j-w-gendall-qc

No mention of the thousands of dollars  that were collected off that race. Why haven't they looked into the wagering on the race?  they have on other occasions..

Whereas I believe the Trainer is most probably the innocent party. her partner or her partners "friends" are not. 4 months is an absolute joke he gets away scot free.... They should have been made an example of.but instead of they got a slap.ln the wrist like Peter Ferguson .. Angela - if you lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas and there is no bigger flea than Freeman

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Geez Yankiwi - a different trainer more than 5 years ago?

The defence lawyer also said He denied that Mr Freeman had been corrupt or fraudulent 

Actually Chief, not a different trainer at all. The current "Turnwald" kennel was the "Freeman Turnwald" kennel when the "dishonest act" was committed.

From what I read in the decision, my understanding is that the dog tested positive for meth acquired from an "unknown source".

Correct.

In the two previous cases for meth the source was believed to be from cross contamination from someone working within the respective kennels.

Correct - but "believed to be" being the key phrase.  My understanding is the source was confirmed.

6 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

In this case, they claim they have no idea or even an opinion of the source. To me, that is much more suspect.

Well they did originally believing that the contamination occurred AFTER the race when some of the dogs owners were involved in the presentation.  Some of the owners anonymously admitted to having used P.  Further testing was done and given the level of P metabolites present versus the amount of P (there were more metabolites of P than P) the science said that the odds were high that the dog had ingested P prior to the race not after and before the sample was taken.  

The Trainer then could offer no idea or opinion of the source and it appears at their own expense had themselves tested for P use (note:  depending on the tests undertaken P use can be detected over a considerable period of time).  The results were negative so the JCA established that the Trainer wasn't a possible source of contamination.  

In the JCA Judgement all parties agreed that the dog must have ingested P somewhere between Foxton and Christchurch.  As far as I know Turnwald dogs haven't returned any prior positives and the JCA accepted that in this case that the Trainer wasn't involved in administering or contaminating the dog with P.  Given her prior relatively unblemished history and given the degree of post race testing that is done no Trainer in their right mind would deliberately administer a prohibited drug to their dog in the lead up to a race.

So yes the fact that no explanation can be found is very suspicious BUT that suspicion can't and shouldn't be directed at the Trainer.

Was the dog "got at" somewhere between Foxton and Christchurch?  Was it when the dog was unattended on the Ferry?  Was it during the walk around at Kaiapoi by a "friend"?  

What we also don't know is what level the P and its metabolites was present in the dog.  I've posted about this issue for all codes.  In my opinion the JCA should always publish the levels of a prohibited substance found in positive swabs.  There is zero tolerance but what is the threshold for zero?  Environmental contamination will become more and more an issue as testing accuracy improves.  

27 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Why was the disqualification so much shorter in length then the believed cross contamination cases were? 

Because there was no clear link between the Trainer and how the dog ingested (or absorbed) P.  In other cases as you point out employees were involved.  A Trainer has a responsibility to ensure that their staff are drug free.  For example I know that a stable such as Te Akau does regular workplace drug testing.  

Another reason for a shorter disqualification was the lack of any prior's.

I'm not sure if you have read my posts on the other code forums about this issue but we now have a situation where the punishment for environmental contamination and the zero tolerance levels in racing far outweigh the crime.  Just look at Turnwald's case - the dog loses the race, the owners and trainer lose a substantial stake (substantial for dogs!) and the Trainer loses income for 4 months!  For something no one can prove she deliberately did and was unlikely to do and an undisclosed drug level which may or may not have been at a level that enhanced performance.

I'm just waiting for the day that some of these Trainers across all the codes get together and take a class action against the RIU/JCA because at the moment justice isn't being done.

The alternative is to put our horses and dogs in closed environments (like Hong Kong) that will have the welfare nutters going nuts!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Greyhounder said:

Whereas I believe the Trainer is most probably the innocent party. her partner or her partners "friends" are not. 4 months is an absolute joke he gets away scot free.... They should have been made an example of.but instead of they got a slap.ln the wrist like Peter Ferguson .. Angela - if you lay down with dogs you will get up with fleas and there is no bigger flea than Freeman

Based on what?  You are defaming someone but where is the evidence?  I don't follow the Greyhounds (other than after a few beers at the pub TAB and taking a 1/8:1/8:F trifecta for a half) but where is Freeman's history of drug positives?

Surely our wondrous RIU would have had their full time Betting Analyst look at the betting records?