Bit Of A Yarn

BIGTIME KERA

BitofaLegend

Dozens of dogs and many at Trials that are never reported.   Autopsy my arse!, With a full professional and indendant Transparant autopsy it would have to reveal Coles misdeads. I ask you In what other sport have you so many animals collapsing and dying or throwing spasms from  one kennel !!?  It is just swept under the carpet and it is just not bloody good enough.. Rendle/Godber/Whiterod/Cole Autopsy of Repute   Yeah right......

Guest CrossCodes

So who does the autopsy? You would hope it isn't the oncourse/trainers own vet as that would be completely unethical.

Now don't be facetious crosscoded ?.         But on the subject at hand, I would like to play devils advocate, that is dogs dropping dead after a searching gallop. In my time I have had this happen twice from memory, and both times to stayers that were very fit dogs, one of them being a 3rd placegetter in the Silver Collar.

At my old training establishment in the back blocks of Nth Canterbury I had a 20 acre farm that had a tremendous straight gallop of about 1000 mtrs long rising about 15 mtrs from bottom to top. I had a galloping strip with a fence in the middle of it, and was able to slip dogs up the gallop on my own. They would run against each other. I could match the dogs depending on how much work I wanted them to receive. Some dogs would keep going until one gave up, so if I wanted a really hard gallop, I could put two strong willed dogs against one another, or if I wanted a shorter gallop I would use a dog that gave in easily and so forth. One thing was certain, it was harder on the dogs than a track race, and the dogs really worked hard competing against one another. I had a large pond, and in the summer many a dog would head for it after a gallop and bury themselves in it like crocodiles to cool off.

Now getting to the dogs that died, both happened on the gallop. My third place getter in the Collar, whose name was Aqua Strike from memory had only gone about 700 mtrs up the gallop when disaster struck him down. The first I new something was wrong was when only one dog returned. What the dogs would do, is run to the end and come back, running downhill to me, by this time having covered about 2000 mtrs. When I walked back up the galloping strip I found poor old Aqua Strike as dead as could be. I was perplexed as to just what had happened and came to the conclusion he had had a terminal heart attack. Upon close examination of his body I found dirt between his teeth where he had died so suddenly that one minute he was full galloping, the next he had gone down so fast as to hit the ground nose first driving his teeth into the turf, it was a grass gallop. The other dog was much the same, but at a different time, one minute galloping, next minute dead. Another bit of evidence that pointed to heart problem was I had another dog survive, but suffer paralysis down one side suggesting stroke or heart problem. Now these incidents were few and far between, sometimes 10 dogs a day would gallop in this manner, and these cases would be 1 in a thousand. So the moral here is, dogs have strokes and heart attacks after vigorous exercise, and can happen to the fittest animals.

I am not say this is the case here, but it is worth bearing in mind.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

If the amount of Cole dogs that have been dying either during or after the race then you would suspect it could be either one of two things 

Arsenic or Strychnine ,  they have been around forever .

Phar Lap died under mysterious circumstances and was thought to be either Arsenic or Strychnine.

If Cole is using these products then he’s a desperate man.

In 2018 they are very easy to test for , but it’s the old question do the RIU want to go there.

Dont think so

10 hours ago, BitofaLegend said:

Any news?

Hopefully it is not a rush job, and it s done to the highest standard. To this end, a sample should of been sent offshore to a state of the art lab say in Sydney for a toxicology analysis, even if only to peer review the local report.

• Like 2

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 6:03 PM, Yankiwi said:

I have it from a reliable source a full autopsy is to be performed.

I should be able to confirm at a later date exactly who the autopsy was performed by & when it took place.

Watch this space. :)

I can now confirm the autopsy was preformed at Massey. This is a first in the greyhound world that I'm aware of. Finally something that can actually be called an independent review, free from conflicts of interests, of what may or may not have went wrong.

I haven't heard that any results have been released from it.

Charles, do you have confidence in Massey having the ability to find anything other than the cause of death, which I will go on record and state, heart attack or stroke?. What I want to know, is what caused them. Unless Massey have the ability to do comprehensive toxicology testing that is comparable with up to date labs such as Hong Kong or Sydney, or Western Australia, then I am afraid we will be none the wiser. Whats the bet, Massey come out with, heart attack or stroke, and something like a clot to the brain, or burst heart valve to the aorta.

• Champ Post 1

I believe a full toxicology report has been called for.

Yes Massey will probably come back with heart attack or stroke & the toxicology report should aid in determining what may have led to it.

I'm a smoker... One day I will die... Will smoking be the cause of my death?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...