Bit Of A Yarn

Tiger Moth ??? WTF...

Newmarket

If any connections of this nag can explain form turnaround, that would be great. 
I know, showed a bit of promise early on, but last few starts pathetic. 
Missed the start today by a couple by a few metres, 3 wide 600, won by 7 lengths??? 
No wonders punters leaving the game, crooked shit going on everywhere. 
Do you think it should go close to winning next start, yep. Will it, nah, will be back to its normal self. 

Anyone know this trainer, I would love him to explain todays run

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

If any connections of this nag can explain form turnaround, that would be great. 
Missed the start today by a couple by a few metres, 3 wide 600, won by 7 lengths??? 
Do you think it should go close to winning next start, yep. Will it, nah, will be back to its normal self. 

Most of the crooked shit with punters leaving the game , involves horses that don't give them a run for their money.

So often at the trots there are 'Galloping ' runners. Some punters would be sick of that after JUST one loss.

Why would anyone want to lose in that fashion? (Galloping out the back) might as well back Ellerslie , Trentham and Riccarton and still be 'In The Field" with a runners chance at least.

This horse has bad barrier manners (Tiger Moth) so seems to be badly away quite often. Today a pitiful field that only came home last 1/2 in 60 seconds. Anything with a tick of ability could win by 7 lengths in that case.

43 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Most of the crooked shit with punters leaving the game , involves horses that don't give them a run for their money.

So often at the trots there are 'Galloping ' runners. Some punters would be sick of that after JUST one loss.

Why would anyone want to lose in that fashion? (Galloping out the back) might as well back Ellerslie , Trentham and Riccarton and still be 'In The Field" with a runners chance at least.

This horse has bad barrier manners (Tiger Moth) so seems to be badly away quite often. Today a pitiful field that only came home last 1/2 in 60 seconds. Anything with a tick of ability could win by 7 lengths in that case.

Yes I agree it can be badly away, but not recently. 
Many times it has sat parked and faded 600m from home. 
Dont worry about time, it was slushy track, horse has never handled it in the past. 
And yes, I had been punting it a few starts back, but gave up after several poor runs. 

I actually had it rated 2nd,but only took it in quinellas and trifectas,and missed the trifecta. I never backed it,instead backing the just as inconsistent favorite cassius bromac,but it looks like it is one of those horses that is unlikely to ever win much,i think  due to racing twice as a 2year old in fast run races against the all star horses.

Tiger Moths record shows it is just a bit better than the others in that field,and today was a day when he did things right and performed to his capabilities. So i don't think the win came out of the blue and nothing crooked going on there.

• Like 3

On 20/01/2021 at 5:24 PM, Newmarket said:

His Dad Jimmy is a good horseman who could get a bolter up out of the blue, I know him and believe me theres nothing crooked going on, all his other runners are fairly consistent!

No Blood spinning all star shenanigans going on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1