Bit Of A Yarn

Racing in Aussie.

9 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Have they got crowds at meetings these days,are state borders still restricted,I'm not up with all the goings on there.

Racing is good. Magic Millions at Gold Coast just completed and HUGE sales (like your Karaka one) with record prices. and Million dollar 2 year old race and large crowd. 

Crowds returned to all tracks all States now this year , Limited numbers /areas etc AFL final was at the Gabba (Brisbane) which was neat as got to go . Is a bit like the Melbourne Cup of racing.

State borders nearly all open. Western Australia release to VIC and QLD this coming week so all good. 

Hopefully NZ has something for the ALL STAR MILE in a few weeks . Melody Belle ??? 

14 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Racing is good. Magic Millions at Gold Coast just completed and HUGE sales (like your Karaka one) with record prices. and Million dollar 2 year old race and large crowd. 

Crowds returned to all tracks all States now this year , Limited numbers /areas etc AFL final was at the Gabba (Brisbane) which was neat as got to go . Is a bit like the Melbourne Cup of racing.

State borders nearly all open. Western Australia release to VIC and QLD this coming week so all good. 

Hopefully NZ has something for the ALL STAR MILE in a few weeks . Melody Belle ??? 

All the tv coverage seems to be without much on course presence as in presenters,only a handful of meets in nz have presenters on course but the coverage is okish I guess,they do cost money all the trimmings.

The crowds are still down on last year, the bush meetings are getting better as the bookies are now allowed back, non tab meetings need bookmakers, they bring atmosphere and revenue for the clubs, oh boy do you lot need bookmakers there, on course, not the jokes sitting in the palace and espousing bullshit about the huge bets they are holding.

• Like 2

On 1/30/2021 at 8:19 PM, Gammalite said:

Talk about strange times I see Western Australia are going into lockdown,a day after I post this thread,what were the odds of that?

19 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Talk about strange times I see Western Australia are going into lockdown,a day after I post this thread,what were the odds of that?

Yes a Snap reaction , like the Auckland one from a quarantine Hotel worker as well. Preparing public for 'bigger' outbreaks probably part of the plan in both places.

Flying in folk from South Africa seems a risky dance with the devil. just Like betting against Melody Belle .

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Yes a Snap reaction , like the Auckland one from a quarantine Hotel worker as well. Preparing public for 'bigger' outbreaks probably part of the plan in both places.

Flying in folk from South Africa seems a risky dance with the devil. just Like betting against Melody Belle .

Well you might say a snap reaction,but you need to be careful,it does spread like wildfire