Bit Of A Yarn

andre poutama

the galah

It will be intersting to see if anything in the stipes report about his drive in race 3 today.  He drove his horse out hard to almost lead,broke after 150m and went back to last,then immediately looped the field and drove it hard to try and get the lead off the favorite in a reasonably fast lead time. Then,understandably,stops to a walk at the 400m and finishes 150m last.  Surely that wasn't a competent drive?

4 hours ago, Dunedin said:

As expected Steve Mulcay was a steward and no action taken not even a question.i have a question.what are these NZ stewards for when they do nothing against the big guns but the smallest of the small get smashed.......or is that just society today.

They had a vet examination of the horse,but it reported nothing amiss with the horse.

Well anyone with any sense could see any horse driven in that manner would have stopped to a walk. How come the stipes couldn't work that out?

The failure to even question the driver over his tactics is a joke. 

• Like 1

I don't like writing negative things about people, drivers etc usually, so usually don't. After seeing this thread, I took at look at how he did overall on day.

No win or minor placings & in most races most of his runners were well down the track eg last, 2nd last etc.

I guess we can all be exposed to go thru good & rough patches. Can't be on A-game all the time. 

Hopefully moving forward he picks up his game & gets a re-newed good patch going 👍

• Like 1

I'm sure Poutama  would recognise  that he drove it badly. At a guess it just looked like he got a bit angry and the horse paid the price.

But the point is the inconsistency of the stipes,depending on who does what. I raised the topic before the stipes report came out because it was so obvious,but also knowing the north island stipes were unlikely to even give it a mention because they give some drivers a free pass.

Is this the same fella when showing great promise as an apprentice (junior) that the ranks had to put him in his right place ?   Is this the same Andre Poutama while working with Brendon Cole and the greyhounds,  was sprung by the then Track Curator   along with Cole using the Horse boxes at Palmerston North just prior to Way In    Live Killing ?    The incident was reported to the Race day Secretary at the time and for some reason was buried..Is this the same fella that went on T.V.3 with Michael Morah (Under Cover) and stated  while he worked with Cole they  only used Stuffed Toys and never LIVE KILLED?? Andre is a Liar!!!! ..The driving inconsistency in the race in Question is typical of his behaviour from the outset.  

7 minutes ago, Clarkie said:

Fuck the Conviction!!  I want things to be honest and  So very Transparent  Now .... your call , Gamm .. Have the guts to come out and be Clean......Andre is a Liar!!  maybe he will come on and we can discuss the truth of my post

Sounds like you don't want a conviction then.lol.  What about charges?? does he have to face any ??

Now you've done it . Big Andre has found out I 'May' of called him a killer and a Liar .............

Image result for andre the giant

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Well until a conviction is recorded , no good just saying someone is a killer and a liar.

'Andre The Giant' in the photo might be a killer and a liar too ?? 

I like the picture,but the live baiting issue is a very sensitive issue to many in the greyhound industry,so its understandable that clarkie speaks very passionately about his disgust of its use,and of those involved..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, the galah said:

I like the picture,but the live baiting issue is a very sensitive issue to many in the greyhound industry,so its understandable that clarkie speaks very passionately about his disgust of its use,and of those involved..

Fair call Galah, .....and yes ugly accusations , and the gentleman was very upset about an incident or 2 but seems without charges being laid/ made for such atrocious activity , he is being a little harsh on someone he obviously doesn't like. Maybe he could mention his Involvement to clarify his knowledge of said incidents ?  what evidence ? said they were Sprung by curator yet nothing happened after????? Police would of been involved if that was the case. 

I could accuse many trainers of all sorts of things but don't, without evidence, without charges made by officials doing their job, it just doesn't seem right to do so. bit of humour to get over it lol.........

• Like 1

Fair call Galah, .....and yes ugly accusations , and the gentleman was very upset about an incident or 2 but seems without charges being laid/ made for such atrocious activity , he is being a little harsh on someone he obviously doesn't like. Maybe he could mention his Involvement to clarify his knowledge of said incidents ?  what evidence ? said they were Sprung by curator yet nothing happened after????? Police would of been involved if that was the case. 

I could accuse many trainers of all sorts of things but don't, without evidence, without charges made by officials doing their job, it just doesn't seem right to do so. bit of humour to get over it lol.........

Fair enough,bit of humour never goes astray.

The case he is referring to was an investigation by the spca in nz into the alleged live baiting by the very dominant central districts Cole kennel. It eventually petered out after over a year due to lack of evidence,although it seemed some who had worked for that trainer came forward to say it happened,some alleged photographic evidence was produced,while others who worked for him denied it.  A bit like happened in nsw greyhounds,except over there they had the video proof. Also similar was some alleged the authorities failed to take action to enforce the rules.

I don't have any knowledge of what,if anything,poutama has to do with that. It seems rightly or wrongly,clarkie has formed a view.

This thread i started is about how the north island stipes  continue to give free passes to well known drivers,not about greyhounds,but some threads do that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Fair enough,bit of humour never goes astray.

The case he is referring to was an investigation by the spca in nz into the alleged live baiting by the very dominant central districts Cole kennel. It eventually petered out after over a year due to lack of evidence,although it seemed some who had worked for that trainer came forward to say it happened,some alleged photographic evidence was produced,while others who worked for him denied it.  A bit like happened in nsw greyhounds,except over there they had the video proof. Also similar was some alleged the authorities failed to take action to enforce the rules.

I don't have any knowledge of what,if anything,poutama has to do with that. It seems rightly or wrongly,clarkie has formed a view.

This thread i started is about how the north island stipes  continue to give free passes to well known drivers,not about greyhounds,but some threads do that.

Thanks for that explanation. I have seen some ordinary ethical things regarding greyhounds myself over the years, and do remember the NSW premier was going to close the industry at one stage in that state. ( then reneged).

The Poutama drive on THE SPORTSMAN, was more a horse making the error early , leading to the driver adopting his original plan of 'going forward' once horse back pacing. Possibly Hopples length on that horse needs looking at.

Herlihy mentioned in another thread , should of got a suspension on KRUG at Auckland, as he actually caused others to gallop. Something that Poutama didn't do. So I see what you mean with Leniency by Stipes on the BIG BOYS. Herlihy thought he had that race won as well, sitting quiet, DIVE-bombed by the horse 3 back on the fence late, so thought he made HUGE error , that end of race as well, (as the first bend) .getting old Tony ?? lol.........

McKendry on the winner beating KRUG ,put the reins in one hand at a point in the straight as well and 'Got-off" lol....

Thanks for that explanation. I have seen some ordinary ethical things regarding greyhounds myself over the years, and do remember the NSW premier was going to close the industry at one stage in that state. ( then reneged).

The Poutama drive on THE SPORTSMAN, was more a horse making the error early , leading to the driver adopting his original plan of 'going forward' once horse back pacing. Possibly Hopples length on that horse needs looking at.

Herlihy mentioned in another thread , should of got a suspension on KRUG at Auckland, as he actually caused others to gallop. Something that Poutama didn't do. So I see what you mean with Leniency by Stipes on the BIG BOYS. Herlihy thought he had that race won as well, sitting quiet, DIVE-bombed by the horse 3 back on the fence late, so thought he made HUGE error , that end of race as well, (as the first bend) .getting old Tony ?? lol...

McKendry on the winner beating KRUG ,put the reins in one hand at a point in the straight as well and 'Got-off" lol..

I accept that it was the horses fault for breaking,not poutamas,but disagree that it was a reasonable decision for any driver to then drive the horse in the manner he did for the next 600m.  The proof was in the pudding,as it stopped to a complete walk.

As to the herlihy drive. Well i've pointed out before in the eyes of the stipes he can do no wrong. The best example of that was when he drove one about a year ago that broke,ran inside the markers,then settled,so herlihy steered it back into the field,skittling half the field. No fault then,so the krug thing nothing new.

• Like 2

The Galah, my apologies for taking your thread off track and Gammalite the Pics might resinate with some but I can't quite grasp them:). I have  honestly,personally,  nothing against Andre Poutama accept the fact he is a fucking liar. I post on this thread which we should be thankful for the priveledge of having., and I post  with my own name openly and transparantly.   Maybe the Chief could arrange for a thread of those that have some balls that want to discuss freely the good and the bad facing our Industry with good and honest intent.  Clarkie  

• Bad Post 1

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

if you have daddy issues clarkie we all have a wet teardrop pillow for you, state some facts dickhead or remove your disgruntled tampon!   S.Doody and and Andre Poutama are both well respected trainer/drivers. Their respective results are because of greedy cat TAB and the current situation, Fuck off Clown!

p.s hope this doesn't interfere with your golf practise!!! Heard he missed one on the third on friday! (true story!)