Bit Of A Yarn

Is this The "Beginning of the End"?

Clarkie

Whanganui Animal Save To Protest Greyhound Racing At Hatrick Stadium

Thursday, 18 February 2021, 5:42 pm
Press Release: Whanganui Animal Save

This Friday from 5-7pm, Whanganui Animal Save and the Greyhound Protection League (GPLNZ) are holding a protest at the entrance of Hatrick Stadium. Five dogs were killed in five races at Hatrick Stadium between 18 December and 11 January.

Whanganui Animal Save spokesperson Sandra Kyle said Hatrick Stadium is one of New Zealand’s biggest and most dangerous dog racing tracks.

“Injuries and deaths are common at Hatrick Stadium. Racing is inherently dangerous.” said Kyle. “It’s no way to treat a dog that deserves a warm home and a loving family.”

Whanganui Animal Save were prompted to organise the protest after seeing SAFE and the GPLNZ’s campaign to end greyhound racing. GPLNZ launched a petition to ban greyhound racing. The campaign has gained international attention with the support of GREY2K USA Worldwide.

SAFE spokesperson Will Appelbe said, “We’re delighted that the people of Whanganui are getting behind this campaign. The racing industry causes death and injuries to hundreds of dogs a year. The social harm from gambling affects all of our communities.”

Last week, Green MP Chlöe Swarbrick announced she would be submitting a Members’ bill seeking to ban commercial dog racing.

• Like 1

I don't believe the protest is the beginning of the end.

The actual beginning happened quite some time ago, but this bunch & its predecessors.

image.png.4c6413a4370c52408275fd82ff4eb72f.png

What happened to the live baiting photographs?

When will the next suspension/disqualification for Meth take place?

Why cant they get the RIU to enforce GRNZ rules as they are written? 

How come injured dogs can't be put down at the track anymore, yet what happens to injured & healthy dogs away from the track is virtually unmonitored & a free for all?

Why is the "Homebush" name even allowed in racing when less than 5% of the dogs with that in their name never get to have a home other than while they were in a racing kennel? Homebush isn't the only Bigtime name problem.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

Guest CrossCodes
3 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

I don't believe the protest is the beginning of the end.

The actual beginning happened quite some time ago, but this bunch & its predecessors.

image.png.4c6413a4370c52408275fd82ff4eb72f.png

What happened to the live baiting photographs?

When will the next suspension/disqualification for Meth take place?

Why cant they get the RIU to enforce GRNZ rules as they are written? 

How come injured dogs can't be put down at the track anymore, yet what happens to injured & healthy dogs away from the track is virtually unmonitored & a free for all?

Why is the "Homebush" name even allowed in racing when less than 5% of the dogs with that in their name never get to have a home other than while they were in a racing kennel? Homebush isn't the only Bigtime name problem.

Would the association be forced under the freedom of information act if enacted be forced to show the paperwork of all the Homebush Dogs that continue to ‘disappear’ as to where they have gone?

They go on about tracing every dog from birth to death, but Homebush dogs still never go through any rehoming kennels and just vanish in to their pit of death with the greyhound association happy to let this continue, like they have for decades.

Greyhound racing deserves to be closed down when they are still making minimal efforts to trace and find homes for the greyhounds from the puppy mill kennels and continue to let the big players get rid of their dogs however they like once they stop earning a cheque.

Another of the "Board Members" has a very close association (gets the pick of the litters to train) with one of the other large breeders number wise.

image.thumb.png.b878ab5860b48b2eb66dc66dd2744836.png

As for the "Homeless" & "Bigtime" type dogs that go missing, it's my belief that most if not all of the vanishing dogs are put down within GRNZ rules. The rules always have and continue to be wrong. The board (full of conflict of interests) writes the rules. Hmmmm...

Greyhound racing does deserve to be shut down. I'm not far off from helping the anti's with their cause...

I've fought for the little guys & the old hats of the sport long enough. The more of them that disappear the more temped I become to change my focus. I didn't fight for the sport for it to continue on for live baiters that didn't get held to account. I didn't fight for puppy farmers that eventually kill 90% or more of the dogs they've breed when their done with them. I didn't fight for 2 trainers to get kicked to the curb for Meth then have a "less convenient" positive pop up & have it remain hush hush.

• Like 3

Guest CrossCodes
6 hours ago, chicken said:

Who on earth do you think you are Yankee ?

Are your "true colours" just starting to show ?

There are many people who are prepared to  disclose the real truth about the industry in NZ, people who are sick and tired of the big players being able to get away with literal murder and continue on their merry way.

With board members being part of the problem it will only get worse, what happens when the guinea pigs get found Jean?

8 hours ago, chicken said:

The industry is already on its last limbs

Many people are leaving the industry.

The current model is simply unsustainable 

Not many young ones are coming through

Betting is down

Wanganui recently lost some of it's largest sponsors

Racing has lost its social license. 

Edited by Jacob
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Spot on Jacob.   What is so hard to Fathom is why this Board of useless Retards havn't addressed any of the issues you mention. It is almost like they are being back handed to drive the sport into oblivion. Is Sean Hannan still licking Rendles dick? He is just another failed lawyer like others that between them have come and gone for their own selfish reasons. When will he terminate the politically appointed Glenda Hughes as she is as useless as tits on a bull and is just sponging off the Greyhound Industry and was meant to be temporary to keep her in pocket money in between her next gig. The whole scene has been taken over in cohoots with some greedy pricks that can't even see their way clear to humanley look after the very same animals that have kept them and their egos thus far.. "Chicken" first time poster,   Why don't you show some real colours as Yankiwi does which is more than can be said of you..     

On 20/02/2021 at 3:39 PM, CrossCodes said:

There are many people who are prepared to  disclose the real truth about the industry in NZ, people who are sick and tired of the big players being able to get away with literal murder and continue on their merry way.

With board members being part of the problem it will only get worse, what happens when the guinea pigs get found Jean?

Who's Jean????

On 20/02/2021 at 9:02 AM, chicken said:

Who do I think I am? I'm Charles.

My true colours have always shown. I'm a man of integrity.

The industry is full of corruption & collusions. It's not hard to work out where some of the collusions are, hell they even put them in writing.

Why else would a Steward determine that a trainer breached a serious racing offence (62.1 i) yet opt to fine the trainer for some other breach in the rules (62.1 cc) using the MINOR infringement table? Why wasn't the trainer charged for the breach actually committed?

(4) SUPPLEMENTARY REPORT:- Waikato GRC – 17th October 2019 - Stewards have concluded their investigation in regard to the nomination and subsequent scratching of the greyhound THRILLING BILLY from Race 10 at the before mentioned meeting. After taking evidence from Waikato Club secretary Mr R Death, rehoming manager for May Hounds M Stebbing and Trainer Mr P Ferguson Stewards deemed Mr Ferguson to have breached GRNZ Rule 62.1(i) in that he nominated THRILLING BILLY in a fraudulent, misleading or deceptive description. After assessing all of the evidence and taking into account Mr Ferguson's admission of the breach along with his previously clear record, Stewards issued him with a charge under GRNZ Rule 62.1(cc) with a $300.00 fine being imposed. 

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13738/stewards-report.aspx

Really - read this excerpt again... After assessing all of the evidence and taking into account Mr Ferguson's admission of the breach

The last two Meth positives were also "admitted" yet they didn't end up with a $300 fine. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if the next one does.... just saying...

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

On 2/20/2021 at 5:32 PM, Jacob said:

Wanganui recently lost some of it's largest sponsors

support group that the Interislander has pulled it's support also, these businesses pulling sponsorship goes both ways, they will loose out on support from trainers, contractors, and anyone who gives a damn about the sport. I for one will be boycotting those business and my spend is considerable, one of the businesses has already lost $2500 of my money as I gave the job to another.  Gutless pricks cave to safe, now they pay the price. Another local firm that continues to sponsorship recently got a lot of my business. Goes both ways. 

On 2/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, Clarkie said:

Five dogs were killed in five races at Hatrick Stadium between 18 December and 11 January.

Whanganui Animal Save spokesperson Sandra Kyle said Hatrick Stadium is one of New Zealand’s biggest and most dangerous dog racing tracks.

This is when Mark was doing the track, he is responsible for these injuries and deaths. 

He is responsible for abandoned meetings!

Mark is responsible for all this crap coming out of SAFE.

The Club and board is also responsible for allowing him to continue on his path and drag the club and sport into this light. 

Yes the big players are definitely at fault to but if the track was safe and up to the standard it is now then these injuries most likely wouldn't have happened. 

How many injuries and deaths since Mark has been taken of the track?  very very few.

No one knows what's going on with him yet but heck if they allow him back and onto the track god help us all.

It will be the demise of Hatrick I feel, Who else agrees? 

I for one do not want to run my dogs ever again on a track Mark gets to work on and definitely not Trials! 

Look at how busy Sunday trials are since he hasn't been there! Speaks for itself.

The board and NZGRA are idiots if they allow him back.

What's everyone else's thoughts?

5 minutes ago, A Dogs Life said:

For my thoughts, I'll turn to history.

GRNZ will stop Mark from returning to his previous duties if it is perceived to be in the best interest of a Palmerston North and/or a Foxton trainer. Those are the two areas that are best looked after in the CD. They always have been (at least since I've been following the sport) and probably always will be while the sport remains in existence.

Just think back to live baiting or admitting to fraud (which the high paid defense lawyer politely titled "could be perceived to be dishonest") & you can quickly work out whos interests GRNZ have a history of looking after.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, A Dogs Life said:

This is when Mark was doing the track, he is responsible for these injuries and deaths. 

He is responsible for abandoned meetings!

Mark is responsible for all this crap coming out of SAFE.

The Club and board is also responsible for allowing him to continue on his path and drag the club and sport into this light. 

Yes the big players are definitely at fault to but if the track was safe and up to the standard it is now then these injuries most likely wouldn't have happened. 

How many injuries and deaths since Mark has been taken of the track?  very very few.

No one knows what's going on with him yet but heck if they allow him back and onto the track god help us all.

It will be the demise of Hatrick I feel, Who else agrees? 

I for one do not want to run my dogs ever again on a track Mark gets to work on and definitely not Trials! 

Look at how busy Sunday trials are since he hasn't been there! Speaks for itself.

The board and NZGRA are idiots if they allow him back.

It isnt 100% Marks fault but he was definetly a big problem in the CD

11 hours ago, A Dogs Life said:

support group that the Interislander has pulled it's support also, these businesses pulling sponsorship goes both ways, they will loose out on support from trainers, contractors, and anyone who gives a damn about the sport. I for one will be boycotting those business and my spend is considerable, one of the businesses has already lost $2500 of my money as I gave the job to another.  Gutless pricks cave to safe, now they pay the price. Another local firm that continues to sponsorship recently got a lot of my business. Goes both ways. 

I honestly do not believe most businesses will be hurt from one or two people not spending there compared to the other few 100/1000 that do.

It isnt hard to see why sponsors want little to do with the industry in its current state.

Worse part is people blame SAFE or Aaron Cross for this when in reality, they've had to do pretty much nothing. The fault lies with the people in charge who are to afraid to make the tough decisions that need to be made

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

For my thoughts, I'll turn to history.

GRNZ will stop Mark from returning to his previous duties if it is perceived to be in the best interest of a Palmerston North and/or a Foxton trainer. Those are the two areas that are best looked after in the CD. They always have been (at least since I've been following the sport) and probably always will be while the sport remains in existence.

Just think back to live baiting or admitting to fraud (which the high paid defense lawyer politely titled "could be perceived to be dishonest") & you can quickly work out whos interests GRNZ have a history of looking after.

Yankiwi I hope your right if the board are crazy enough to allow him back. 

Yes GRNZ won't want their dogs hurt and history shows Mark will do it again, let alone how he speaks and treats trainers, staff and others.

Have seen him absolutely loose it and erupted at Erin ( the previous manager to the last) this was in front of a huge crowd of public, Friday night Christmas at the races, she tried to sack him but he wormed his way out off that having 4 weeks suspension on full pay!!!

He does it over and over yet he continues to stay.  Mark is a Cancer to Hatrick and was to Manawatu club and the welfare of others dogs.

If the board allow him back this time I and a few other trainers and members will be supporting Paul's motion to sack the board with no confidence vote. 

3 hours ago, Jacob said:

It isnt 100% Marks fault but he was definetly a big problem in the CD

I honestly do not believe most businesses will be hurt from one or two people not spending there compared to the other few 100/1000 that do.

It isnt hard to see why sponsors want little to do with the industry in its current state.

Worse part is people blame SAFE or Aaron Cross for this when in reality, they've had to do pretty much nothing. The fault lies with the people in charge who are to afraid to make the tough decisions that need to be made

Jacob, I agree and stated it wasn't 100% Marks fault, the board and ultimately GRNZ are at fault for allowing him to continue on his own dangerous path.

He can't be told or reasoned with as you and everyone else is aware.

I can assure you it's not just one or 2 people that will be boycotting the gutless sponsor's and my spend alone is considerable. I told one manager of a firm how much he's just lost with me alone, yeah he swallowed hard, If I was a sponser and was told I'd just lost out on $2500 in one of many spends I'd be upset, it's called KARMA.  Look after those that look after us.

Yes the industry has dirty problems but something the public aren't aware of mostly I believe.

Pity Aaron Cross and safe don't put the same or any of their resources into the thousands and thousands of dogs put down each year by local Councils, Spca then the illegal Cage fighting.

Much easier for them to target a few hundred dogs that also put to sleep from old age and illness.

Well the big day is now behind the PNGRC.

I don't understand how they were able to hold such an event under Covid level 2 lockdown, where no more than 100 people can gather at a particular place. Surely more than 100 had to be present, with any excess to the 100 turning their noses up at the government restrictions & doing their best to let the team of 5 million down. Simply more proof of the arrogance & greed that infests the Greyhound industry.

One day they'll look back, scratch their heads and wonder what went wrong.

Edited by Yankiwi

16 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

I don't understand how they were able to hold such an event under Covid level 2 lockdown, where no more than 100 people can gather at a particular place. Surely more than 100 had to be present, with any excess to the 100 turning their noses up at the government restrictions & doing their best to let the team of 5 million down. Simply more proof of the arrogance & greed that infests the Greyhound industry.

Covids just a hoax Charles, get with the play.

On 3/5/2021 at 10:22 AM, aquaman said:

Covids just a hoax Charles, get with the play.

Aquaman I suggest you tell that to all the millions of family worldwide that have lost ones to Covid and the ones that have had it and not recovered fully.

Personally I've lost friends overseas and have other friends that have also.

NZ has been very lucky.

But your entitled to your opinion.  

On 3/4/2021 at 6:12 PM, Yankiwi said:

Yankiwi were you on the door with a counter?  100 people looks a lot in a place like PNGRC? 

Can you prove more than 100 were in attendance?  If so do something about it.

If not then good on them for holding a successful event.

Personally I doubt more than 100 were in attendance, but didn't do a head count.