Bit Of A Yarn

The need for pre-race testing - by Thomass

Thomass

Notwithstanding all of that....and a load of guessing I might add..

Horace has EVERY right to expect at least some diligence around general DRUG TESTING by the hopeless RIU

Even very average meetings in Australia have @30 random pre race tests...

...so after the announcemrnt of the TA positive....

Wouldnt you think the HOPELESS RIU might at least conduct pre race testing not to mention out of competition testing before the Kraka Million night??

Not one test taken pre race..and wtf knows about out of competition testing EVER!

Yet @ 70% of the MINIMAL pre race tests are conducted on Sth Is. smalls 

WTF is that about....even Pitty can't work that one out!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Even very average meetings in Australia have @30 random pre race tests...

That's a lie - but you have never allowed the facts to get in the way of your BS.

15 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Wouldnt you think the HOPELESS RIU might at least conduct pre race testing not to mention out of competition testing before the Kraka Million night??

Cost vs outcome.  The fact that the rules allow testing at anytime unannounced is a fairly big deterrent.  All that aside where is the evidence of wide-spread performance enhancing drug use?  Or for that matter any evidence that pre-race testing is going to detect anything that post-race testing wouldn't?

Weird - you are anti-whips, happy to blind horses so they get frightened and now want to take 6 vials of blood out a horse everytime it races!

Rather than hijacking yet another Topic for your delusional rants why don't you just bump one of the many Topics on the subject you have started over the years.  Will save you time and the rest of us boredom.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

That's a lie - but you have never allowed the facts to get in the way of your BS.

Cost vs outcome.  The fact that the rules allow testing at anytime unannounced is a fairly big deterrent.  All that aside where is the evidence of wide-spread performance enhancing drug use?  Or for that matter any evidence that pre-race testing is going to detect anything that post-race testing wouldn't?

Weird - you are anti-whips, happy to blind horses so they get frightened and now want to take 6 vials of blood out a horse everytime it races!

No lie...go to the Racing Vic site and click on Stipe Reports ffs

I gave you the case of Nigel Tiley...a very random test and one of his came within 0.1 of a positive to bi carb...

...a few months later he takes a horse to Queensland and gets fined 10k after pushing the boundaries yet again...

What a seriously RIDICULOUS statement to ask "where's the evidence" when they seldom test even the basic stuff let alone out of competition 

Blood testing is a fact of life..the tests I used to carry out on my morning rounds were easily accepted...

Get some facts into ya

Just now, Thomass said:

Listen mate we all know you're a Tay Arkow operative stooge but this is ridiculous 

Hardly but I reserve the right to provide some balance in the debate.

2 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Stakeholders have the right to expect World Class drug testing on Iconic race meetings...

Especially Kraka Mill night...

They did get World Class drug testing.  Do you have any evidence that they didnt?

Not every jurisdiction pre-race tests and those that do don't all test all races nor even all major races.

Listen I understand your need to play Devils Advo...

But sometimes you just have to accept the bleedin' obvious

Our Drug Testing is DIABOLICAL 

Consistant random testing is accepted protocol throughout Class A jurisdictions...

We do neither or either 

Apparently ZERO out of competition testing and pre race testing on an ICONIC race night is fine for a Devil?

Devil's work more like...

I'm with Thomas, normally when a horse returns a positive other horses from that stable when placed on race day used to get swabbed.

Not a good look when members of the RIU start using the word contamination, so out of all those winners only one horse got whatever was contaminated, yeah right!

They do a lot more pre race and out of competition testing in the South Island Their own records prove that.

Or is the water different in Matamata

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Pitman said:

I'm with Thomas, normally when a horse returns a positive other horses from that stable when placed on race day used to get swabbed.

Was six not enough for you Pitty?

11 minutes ago, Pitman said:

Not a good look when members of the RIU start using the word contamination, so out of all those winners only one horse got whatever was contaminated, yeah right!

Any proof to the contrary?

19 hours ago, Pitman said:

They do a lot more pre race and out of competition testing in the South Island Their own records prove that.

Or is the water different in Matamata

The selective drug testing has been going on for years with a blind eye turned to certain stables results . These days there may be the development of masking drugs . Heard a whisper a few years  a few years back .

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KickintheKods said:

The Cobolt fairy tale episode has left a very sour taste in many peoples mouths.

It was simply not plausible in the minds of the majority I spoke to, but our regulators thought it a cute bedtime story and ran with it.

That has now set the standard for what the suits will accept.

Why was it not plausible?  I assume you are referring to the O'Sullivan Cobalt charge?

I gather you are not a "poppy seed" believer either?

25 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Why was it not plausible?  I assume you are referring to the O'Sullivan Cobalt charge?

I gather you are not a "poppy seed" believer either?

Wait a minute,  are you serious do you think the cobalt trough story was legit?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Huey said:

Wait a minute,  are you serious do you think the cobalt trough story was legit?

I believe it was a plausible explanation and there has been no evidence to say otherwise.  In my opinion the "Cobalt Issue" across both the OZ and NZ racing jurisdiction has been mishandled by the authorities and a number of trainers unfairly treated.  Peter Moody for one.