Bit Of A Yarn

Premier Nite Alex $1 game - it's on

Was thinking of a new game we could do, this being the $1 game.

This Fri Alex Park is on, might have a few short priced favs. Also might have some great races and entertainment to be watched.

Thinking for a change how about anyone that wants to participate, these are rules:

You all have $1 only

You can use this $1 only on any horse you want on nite & can bet however Eg win, place, multi, quinella, trifecta etc.

The person with the highest amount at end of nite is the winner. And will take my selections crown. To be the new reigning champ.

Ill do a reminder closer to time, when TAB info is out. And put up a post on the Harness Punting Page for people to make their selection.

This thread could be if anyone wants to talk about the Fri meeting.

* I see Aladdin is nom-ed for Derby and Telfers have a big hand in noms for the other races that make up the card.

* Who will win the Derby, Krug, American Dealer, Its all About Faith or another runner?

* Will Spirit of St Lou strip fitter & give Copy That more of a run for his money this week?

• Like 1

Yes, Spirit of St Louis will be improved. Copy That should still win.

I think they should have put Bettor Twist in the Derby ($200,000) instead of Oaks ($125,000). Why the difference in stakes? I think she is good enough to beat the colts/geldings. She was tough the other night and will be fitter this time. 

Alladin is a good horse, but no disrespect he has gone backwards since going up north. The Blanchards heyday was around the same time as Barron/Lischner NAHCO3 experiment. Alladin will win plenty in Australia.

25 minutes ago, Davis said:

Yes, Spirit of St Louis will be improved. Copy That should still win.

I think they should have put Bettor Twist in the Derby ($200,000) instead of Oaks ($125,000).

Yeah I was surprised that Havtime was not nom-ed for the Listed Mares race, instead nom-ed for the FFA against the boys and likes of CT. But they obviously have their reasons. 

Forgot to mention too, it’s the final of the Young Guns. Wonder who is on the winner from our 2y-o Jewels list.

Thought Spirit of St Lou, run fresh up had merit.

An article on Lincoln Farms stated that they think he is even better this year now (Copy That). Yikes watch out to his competition.

Wonder if the Telfers will end up with 10 or more in a race …

2 hours ago, Karrots said:

Yeah I was surprised that Havtime was not nom-ed for the Listed Mares race, instead nom-ed for the FFA against the boys and likes of CT. But they obviously have their reasons. 

Forgot to mention too, it’s the final of the Young Guns. Wonder who is on the winner from our 2y-o Jewels list.

Thought Spirit of St Lou, run fresh up had merit.

An article on Lincoln Farms stated that they think he is even better this year now (Copy That). Yikes watch out to his competition.

Wonder if the Telfers will end up with 10 or more in a race …

I think Havtime has won a race worth more than 100k so not eligible for mares race.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Trotsfan said:

I think Havtime has won a race worth more than 100k so not eligible for mares race.

Oh yes, that will be it. Makes sense & makes it fair to give others the chance to get the goodies 👍

Saw an article on Harness Link that said Spirit of St Lou "battled into 3rd". Hmm me thinks, fresh up, 4 months since last race, they ran final 400 in 26. 4

Don’t think I would of worded it "battled".

But I do have my favourites 🤗

Edited by Karrots
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Karrots said:

Saw an article on Harness Link that said Spirit of St Lou "battled into 3rd". Hmm me thinks, fresh up, 4 months since last race, they ran final 400 in 26. 4

Don’t think I would of worded it "battled".

Maybe throw in the "battler" Spirit of St Lou for a place too. 

5 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

There goes Karrots $1 down the gurgler . Check out the ONE draw in that race? Do you have faith in it?  sitting Pat on the favourites back?

Not sure what you mean, but there are 3 horses to run a place. Or do you mean it might get past CT? Hmm

I'd have to wait and see what the fixed odds are paying before deciding what current selections reigning Champ decides hehe. 

6 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Not sure what you mean, but there are 3 horses to run a place. Or do you mean it might get past CT? Hmm

I'd have to wait and see what the fixed odds are paying before deciding what current selections reigning Champ decides hehe. 

Haha!  yes you could run 3rd if luck on your side but from the draws you would think Copy That and Christianshavtime would be filling two of the three place spots

35 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Haha!  yes you could run 3rd if luck on your side but from the draws you would think Copy That and Christianshavtime would be filling two of the three place spots

Yes true, but what if Spirit of St Lou comes blasting out too with CT, & CT decides not to kamikazi against him, instead, lets him cross, then whips back around to take the lead. Then Spirit is in the trail and CT main competitor is 3 back the fence. 

Read an article very recently that the Oz Lincoln Farms trainer did exactly that as a race plan strategy with another Sweet Lou horse ex kiwi called Larry Lincoln planting the main rival (drawn 1) 3 back the fence & Larry got the win.

Who knows exactly what will happen ... we will have to wait and see. And don't forget to get your $1 bet selection in, when the TAB odds are out peeps 😁

Odds are out for the 7 of the 10 races

If you could please put your selections here or on the Harness Punting Selections Page I have just created & also the price you got on the TAB with the winning return. If you take a trifecta then we wait for the results. Highest amount at end of evening wins. Example below. I will do my final selections tomorrow

Place Multi Total $5.92

Darling Me $1.85 

Spirit of St Lou $3.30

Have made final selections 3 horse multi going for the selections crown win a bit risky but ...

**Rule as per TAB rule, if you want to cash out & make another selection before the start of the 1st race you can, then it is on the new odds. I will make a final post which includes everyones selections. 

Spirit of St Lou place @ $3.40

Darling Me place @ $1.70

American Dealer place @ $1.65

Final return $9.53

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 2

On 3/03/2021 at 7:05 PM, Karrots said:

Odds are out for the 7 of the 10 races

If you could please put your selections here or on the Harness Punting Selections Page I have just created & also the price you got on the TAB with the winning return. If you take a trifecta then we wait for the results. Highest amount at end of evening wins. Example below. I will do my final selections tomorrow

Place Multi Total $5.92

Darling Me $1.85 

Spirit of St Lou $3.30

what about $1,  5% quaddie?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

what about $1,  5% quaddie?

Absolutely, might just be you me & Gamms (has made his selections on the Harness Punting Page). But that is ok. 

I'll do a final post up with everyones selections here prior the start of the first so anyone who wants to follow can 😄

J5 $1 % Quaddie    R2 (5%)

1. Mimi E Coco  -    8.. Need you Know      -   1. Major Grace               _ 2. Bettor Twist

2. Mighty Looee                                               5. Forever a Dancer

8. New York Minute                                         6. Dance till Dawn

9. Mailman                                                       10. American Beauty

11. Artisan

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Karrots said:

Absolutely, might just be you me & Gamms (has made his selections on the Harness Punting Page). But that is ok. 

I'll do a final post up with everyones selections here prior the start of the first so anyone who wants to follow can 😄

I put on Harness punting page too Karrots

• Like 1

Last call for the $1 game. We have 5 players so far. Chief, JJ, Galah I see you guys are online atm. Close off time 5.15pm. Here is everyones selections if for anyone wanting to follow. Good luck all 😄

1. Karrots

Darling Me place @ $1.70

Final return $9.53 Multi

2. Whippy

1. Mimi E Coco  -    8.. Need you Know      -   1. Major Grace               _ 2. Bettor Twist

2. Mighty Looee                                               5. Forever a Dancer

9. Mailman                                                       10. American Beauty

11. Artisan

3. Richie                                                                         

Multi all to win return 11.06

R3 Need you Now 1.45

R5 Bettor Twist 1.45

R7 Its all about Faith 3.00

R8 Copy That 1.30

R9 Bolt for Brilliance 1.35

4. Davis

Race 3

1 - Eighteen Carat 

$1W

5. Gamms

Better Twist $1.40 only and It's All ABout Faith at $3.20 , so yes just $4.50 is the odds 

• Like 1

Great 2 more posters joined in so we have 7 😄 

1. Karrots

Darling Me place @ $1.70

Final return $9.53 Multi

2. Whippy

11. Artisan

3. Richie                                                                         

Multi all to win return 11.06

R3 Need you Now 1.45

R5 Bettor Twist 1.45

R7 Its all about Faith 3.00

R8 Copy That 1.30

R9 Bolt for Brilliance 1.35

4. Davis

Race 3

1 - Eighteen Carat 

$1W

5. Gamms

Better Twist $1.40 only and It's All ABout Faith at $3.20 , so yes just $4.50 is the odds 

6. Jonny Longshot

Multi

R1 09 Special Way place ($1.65)

R4 06 Dance Til Dawn place ($1.40)

R5 03 Darling Me place ($1.55)

R7 07 American Dealer place ($1.60)

R8 01 Christianshavtime place ($1.28)

R9 08 Temporale place ($1.30)

Return : $9.53

7. Taupiri Wonder

Ok Karrots,I have $1 burning a hole in my pocket

Multi: