Bit Of A Yarn

Reefton/Westport

Very impressive nominations for this two day mini circuit . Obviously very popular and it makes me wonder why this concept isn't developed further, and in other areas.

For example, I've always favoured a mini central Otago circuit around Easter.

Any thoughts? Or does this type of thinking not fit with the suits agenda?

• Bad Post 1

17 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Very impressive nominations for this two day mini circuit . Obviously very popular and it makes me wonder why this concept isn't developed further, and in other areas.

Ludwig darling.

I see you downvoted some of my posts in the other thread. You see thing is darling, how do you know that these rumours have not come from your favourites?!?!

Bird story for an example, how did Karrots come about this?!?!

But yo-yo keep down voting me.

Edited by Karrots

42 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Maybe if Sunday at Easter becomes a Raceday,good Friday is the real holy day,the Sunday not so much,that Tuesday after Easter has often been a mix up,some people take that day off.

• Like 1

Ludwig you downvoted this of my, a sentence here

Yeah can never read into rumours too much. Certain other high profile well respected trainers need to stop spreading rumours perhaps.

Well I was actually meaning Williamsons!

There you go sweetheart. If you want anymore details feel free.

7 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Maybe if Sunday at Easter becomes a Raceday,good Friday is the real holy day,the Sunday not so much,that Tuesday after Easter has often been a mix up,some people take that day off.

Thx for sticking to the topic. It just seems to me there must be some creativity with dates/ venues etc.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Ludwig said:

I think that Nelson and Blenheim winter circuit should be reinstated,2 trips to the coast a year,two to the top of the south,judging by numbers owners/trainers don't mind travelling now and then,or do we just have the same old Addington Friday night Sunday afternoon repetition?

Edited by mikeynz
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Ludwig said:

Thx for sticking to the topic. It just seems to me there must be some creativity with dates/ venues etc.

If Forbury close why don't Tuepeka race at Roxburgh,holiday weekend,same size track,and Tuepeka is on the Clutha river,last year was down for Oamaru,it is a long way away.

• Champ Post 1

42 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

I think that Nelson and Blenheim winter circuit should be reinstated,2 trips to the coast a year,two to the top of the south,judging by numbers owners/trainers don't mind travelling now and then,or do we just have the same old Addington Friday night Sunday afternoon repetition?

I agree. I live up in Nelson in the early 1990s when there was a two day meeting in October. Time to put more emphasis on placing meetings where's there's genuine local interest and support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikeynz said:

If Forbury close why don't Tuepeka race at Roxburgh,holiday weekend,same size track,and Tuepeka is on the Clutha river,last year was down for Oamaru,it is a long way away.

You've been reading my warped mind. I would put Tuapeka over to Roxburgh at holiday time such as Easter where there are huge visitor numbers. And tie it in with a meeting at Cromwell.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

You've been reading my warped mind. I would put Tuapeka over to Roxburgh at holiday time such as Easter where there are huge visitor numbers. And tie it in with a meeting at Cromwell.

Tuepeka raced at labour weekend back in October,getting back to the calandar Wyndham  now race on April fools day,a Thursday before Easter and Manawatu now have the night to themselves,it was shared with Addington but they have moved a day ahead,will be interesting to see if that day works out for Wyndham,it's often  a get things done before everything shuts up for the break day.

6 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I agree re Nelson and Blenheim winter circuit. They were always well represented and im sure they will be again if they come back,but that is the big question..will it be back?.