Bit Of A Yarn

Sistema Stakes 2yr old Grp 1 - now 9 nominations.

Chief Stipe

Was always going to happen, call in the reserves but the fact there was only 4 initial noms says more about the real state of the sport.

Particularly when the industry bends over backwards for Ellerslie on everything and I mean everything! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Huey said:

but the fact there was only 4 initial noms says more about the real state of the sport.

Yes and it isn't going to change while the rank and file bitch about whip infringements and environmental substance contamination pointing the bone at each other.  Meanwhile the same old same old keeps happening.  

For example has anyone in the industry seen ANY benefit yet from NZTR's $2 million "investment" in a new computer system?

Has there been any significant increase in stakes this year at the level where it counts i.e. not at the Grp level?  I don't expect the rank and file to see much benefit from the supposed "success" of the TAB's restructure.  Afterall they are essentially in administration (reporting to the DIA) and have find a spare $35 million shortly to stay solvent.  That day of reckoning is fast approaching.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Huey said:

Particularly when the industry bends over backwards for Ellerslie on everything and I mean everything! 

This particular carnival is getting poorer year on year , yea there is the odd good race but this meeting just feels flat , look at Saturday , is it getting your juices fizzing , meh from me , just another raceday , maybe it's just me . 

I think it certainly has impacted on continuity within the industry calender and along with the KM meeting their impact on the rest of the calender is now being shown to be detrimental in some regards .

Will things change , i don't think so , i don't believe there is the vision or heart to change it up , can pretty much see the status quo , re , stakes and calender , staying pretty much as we see them .

The industry needs to start taking a holistic view of what needs to be done to start improving things , stop this big boys v little boys attitude and understand that every one has a part to play .

We've all said for along time that racing was starting to get top heavy , perhaps the tipping point has arrived , the rest of this year will be defining i think , especially regards any or no changes come the start of the new season .

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, nomates said:

This particular carnival is getting poorer year on year , yea there is the odd good race but this meeting just feels flat , look at Saturday , is it getting your juices fizzing , meh from me , just another raceday , maybe it's just me . 

I think it certainly has impacted on continuity within the industry calender and along with the KM meeting their impact on the rest of the calender is now being shown to be detrimental in some regards .

Will things change , i don't think so , i don't believe there is the vision or heart to change it up , can pretty much see the status quo , re , stakes and calender , staying pretty much as we see them .

The industry needs to start taking a holistic view of what needs to be done to start improving things , stop this big boys v little boys attitude and understand that every one has a part to play .

We've all said for along time that racing was starting to get top heavy , perhaps the tipping point has arrived , the rest of this year will be defining i think , especially regards any or no changes come the start of the new season .

Not often I can say this, but not one single race at Ellerslie interests me on Saturday. Having said that there were some great races there on Derby day.

I can see it all changing , in that I can see it all falling apart, its hanging by a thread at the moment only most people don't realise it.

As for a holistic view , I couldn't agree more, but there are too many agendas, too many self interested , too much amateurish administration, too many changes for the sake of change , too much hype and BS that doesn't stand up to scrutiny and too many that have forgotten about what once made the sport great in this country!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nomates said:

Fair suk boys...PECKERS UP

Some OUSTANDING betting races there...not to mention the Belle/Avantage clash!

Sometimes you can talk yourself into a deep depressive state...

Especially after reading a Chef rant

Take a walk through the sand dunes of your local and feel the black sand between your twinklies...then DANCE your worries away

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't mind that he thinks OB is a cheat or that he has expressed it but continually using it in every post just gets boring , we get it he thinks he's a cheat , ok now move on . 

As ever tho Thomass doesn't like giving up his bone , we can only hope he gets it wedged somewhere painful that will give us a break .