Bit Of A Yarn

Infamous drivers talking to each other incidents

15 minutes ago, Karrots said:

https://www.facebook.com/HarnessedInformant/videos/185727273059011/

Does anyone have any infamous times drivers have spoken to 1 another to share. Funny, fun or just infamous.

Saw this the other day, but at time didn’t take notice of what was being said. Quite clear now.

I think McCaffery said to whittaker as he snuck past "like the moustache,i was right under your nose all the time"

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, the galah said:

I think McCaffery said to whittaker as he snuck past "like the moustache,i was right under your nose all the time"

Or maybe it was actually a message to Cross Codes & not Whittaker lol (cheeky monkey karrots) or maybe just super excited to win the race 😛

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Does anyone have any infamous times drivers have spoken to 1 another to share. Funny, fun

Hahaha gee Karrots , I've seen an endless list of drivel from drivers mouths .John McMullen Jnr is by far the best. He had funny things to say after and during every race. (Dad of current QLD champ driver Pete and also his 3 daughters win at every meeting too, incredible family)

Junior would come out with things like .

"What were you thinking?. Wait on, thinking would be a new experience for you?" lol

"I'm taking the lead, or you're tasting the track" ( as he takes you on up front of field)

"If you do that again , I'll put you that wide you can buy an ice-cream in the grandstand!"

" If you had a brain, it might fill your helmet , so it sits on your head better and you don't drive blind all the time"

" I'll win this by so far, I'll organise a search party to look for you guys when I go back to scale afterwards"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Hahaha gee Karrots , I've seen an endless list of drivel from drivers mouths.

"I'm taking the lead, or you're tasting the track" ( as he takes you on up front of field)

"If you do that again , I'll put you that wide you can buy an ice-cream in the grandstand!"

" If you had a brain, it might fill your helmet , so it sits on your head better and you don't drive blind all the time"

Iv seen a couple of races recently & 2 drivers going for lead are tots talking to each other. Always wonder what they are saying.

Re-watched the whole race re McCaffery & nothing untoward happened during running, so suspect he is just being a (Cheeky Monkey).

Going by what you say, sounds like banter lol is quite common place on the track, well Oz at least. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Iv seen a couple of races recently & 2 drivers going for lead are tots talking to each other. Always wonder what they are saying.

Most races the drivers have a fair idea who the leader will be. (horses with gate speed /and/or Good draw are easy to work out. You can talk before going on track or around at the start. BETTER if some opponents know what you are doing to AVOID confusion.

In NZ occasionally you'll see 2 duelling for the lead, (obviously didn't communicate before race) and usually bring your horses unstuck doing that (gassing them early) Most races everyone jumps into 'formation' quickly.

GREAT TACTICS by Telfers Stable runners again last night !, in a couple of races , leaving Barry Purdons in deathseat both times.

Your example above, my guess would be the inside driver would be saying " Geez you're a f.......,I told you I was leading tonight....." lol.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, the galah said:

So Karrots put some feelers out, as was curious, more as to why it was said lol.

Word is that they both saying something what was said was something along the lines of:

Sizzle, sizzle, you are going a bit slow aren’t you.

Karrots finds this a bit hard to believe, based on the mouth work, but guess you never know.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

Edited by Karrots
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Karrots said:

So Karrots put some feelers out, as was curious, more as to why it was said lol.

Word is that they both saying something what was said was something along the lines of:

Karrots finds this a bit hard to believe, based on the mouth work, but guess you never know.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

@AndrewFitzgerald @Harrison @JTeaz

Is this the same story or similar you guys have heard? I mean, so be it, if so. Just an interesting one. 

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Galahs I know this seems very amusing, but Im not actually joking, take away the Sizzle Sizzle silly bit, & just focus on the 

you are going a bit slow aren't you. Well waiting from A Harrison, J Teaz, A Fitzgerald. You have nothing to be afraid of from replying Karrots will fend any attackers off.

This is the story that is going around isn't it. I know you all read this. So is this what you heard too?

Edited by Karrots

1 hour ago, Robalan said:

say what was said yourself karrots. you seem to be the only one interested

Oh you must of missed my apology to all on the other thread, said I was being a bit silly and getting carried away towards the end when posting yesterday.

Yes moving on 👍

• Like 1