Bit Of A Yarn

Fixed Odds Deductions

Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Whiplash - how is the % deduction calculated? 

You were just shown, and it is based on a formula that you can see and applied to the payout based at its time of scratching, which would be your legal contract, your ticket!

If you think this untrue then ring the TAB Chief Stipe and report back!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

No Whiplash you have got it fucked up.

your ticket contract that you took explained what the conditions of the bet were! You have a multi million dollar lawsuit on your hands if you can prove youve been duped!!

Cause That would apply to how many bets!!! Tell us smart arse where have they mislead you here??

Dying for an explanation!!

6 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

You were just shown, and it is based on a formula that you can see and applied to the payout based at its time of scratching, which would be your legal contract, your ticket!

Ok let's do this slowly.

Rangi has a ticket on horse 5 at odds that will return $100.

Horse 6 is late scratched.

The price of Horse SIX at the time of scratching determines the % deduction.  Obviously a greater % the more favoured the scratched runner was.

Rangi's ticket can't tell him what Horse 6's price was at any stage because he has bet on horse 5.

He can deduct the % from his return.  The TAB notifies (barely) the deduction % and the scratching time.  They don't notify the scratched horses price.

The book is adjusted and bets taken AFTER the scratching time won't be subject to deductions.  Unless of course if there is another scratching.

• Champ Post 3

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ok let's do this slowly.

The price of Horse SIX at the time of scratching determines the % deduction.  Obviously a greater % the more favoured the scratched runner was.

Rangi's ticket can't tell him what Horse 6's price was at any stage because he has bet on horse 5.

He can deduct the % from his return.  The TAB notifies (barely) the deduction % and the scratching time.  They don't notify the scratched horses price.

The book is adjusted and bets taken AFTER the scratching time won't be subject to deductions.  Unless of course if there is another scratching.

Its a fixed odds bet, its price can not alter YOUR final dividend based on the formula! you will get what your payed, do you expect the trackside commentators to display the payout formula applied to every single bet taken on a particular runner?

14 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

Your ticket contract has not changed!! Your odds are the same regardless! ring the TAB Ranga, you have got this fucked up not me!

i have phoned them twice in the past the latest maybe 2 years ago

the first time they went thru to the bookies and obtained the figure

the second time the operator had no idea there were deductions but referred me to the website (such incompetence)

its futile dealing with such muppets

• Haha 1

Just now, Rangatira said:

the second time the operator had no idea there were deductions but referred me to the website (such incompetence)

and were you satisfied with the formula and that you were not getting ripped off and the complexities of what you are asking?

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

Its a fixed odds bet, its price can not alter YOUR final dividend based on the formula! you will get what your payed, do you expect the trackside commentators to display the payout formula applied to every single bet taken on a particular runner?

Both Rangatira and I know that.  Rangatira can deduct the % from his bet.

What Rangatira doesn't know is the price of the horse that was scratched at the time it was scratched.  He is saying the TAB should notify that price along with the % and scratching time.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

and were you satisfied with the formula and that you were not getting ripped off and the complexities of what you are asking?

How frigging complex is it to get/notify the price of the scratched horse at the time it was scratched?

That price doesn't change once the horse is scratched.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

the formula is fine

its obtaining the missing information to make to formula work

most of the tabs opposition just state the deduction on the page where the current odds are

so simple and you don't need to calculate it

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ok let's do this slowly.

The percentage does not change!!!  The scratched horse price at the time of scratching is an OFFER!!

Its not a contract yet!!! you have a contract! the odds on that runner will have fluctuated depending on punter, to state a price at scratching would require to take in account all bets and display a figure that can be obtained by ringing the tab bookmakers,

You want rangis scratched horse to display what info? its scratched! you blame the tab for making things complex

Again Ring the tab CHIEF GRIPE!!  and report back!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

the formula is fine

its obtaining the missing information to make to formula work

most of the tabs opposition just state the deduction on the page where the current odds are

so simple and you don't need to calculate it

If you feel you have been duped in anyway, state an example!! goes to you chief, you get EXACTLY THE PAYOUT YOU WOULD HAVE RECIEVED BASED ON THE CONTRACT YOU ACCEPTED !!! 

5 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

The percentage does not change!!!  The scratched horse price at the time of scratching is an OFFER!!

Ok one last attempt!  Sigh!

The % deduction doesn't change unless of course if there is another late scratching.  But let's try and keep it simple for you.

The scratched horse's price at the time of its scratching is the price used to calculate the % deduction that is applied to all remaining live bets taken prior to the scratching.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ok one last attempt!  Sigh!

The % deduction doesn't change unless of course if there is another late scratching.  But let's try and keep it simple for you.

The scratched horse's price at the time of its scratching is the price used to calculate the % deduction that is applied to all remaining live bets taken prior to the scratching.

does your contract change?  I believe there was this tote system whereby a scratched horses investments were deducted so everybody could see, but things change now that you want matt cross guaranteeing you % figures so you can calculate your investments?

0.001% of punters wishing that to be the case, perhaps they should show everbody that deduction figure, it takes time! the will pays and p6 payouts of more interest than a figure that can be obtained as ranga has proven by ringing

must be a better punter than brodie!

30 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

you told me  you only bet with chocolate fish dickhead lol

7 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

does your contract change?  I believe there was this tote system whereby a scratched horses investments were deducted so everybody could see, but things change now that you want matt cross guaranteeing you % figures so you can calculate your investments?

0.001% of punters wishing that to be the case, perhaps they should show everbody that deduction figure, it takes time! the will pays and p6 payouts of more interest than a figure that can be obtained as ranga has proven by ringing

must be a better punter than brodie!

What the Fuck are you on about?  Or more importantly what the hell are you smoking?

All Rangitara is asking for is the % deduction and the time and price of the scratched horse to be published.  I assume the preference would be on the TAB website.  Perhaps they could add a couple of extra numbers to the (L) beside the scratching.

Whiplash (L) (15%, $3.50, 4:35pm).

• Bad Post 1

6 hours ago, Brodie said:

I agree with you Ranga, and have asked before why this is not published.

You present a winning fixed odds ticket and receive less than what it says you should be getting!

We are expected to receive what they give you without any details?

I believe there may have been a final field reduction on your $999 bet, ask your tab bookmaker or ranga and chief stipe to apply the formula for you, always the human rights tribunal for you if you believe theres been financial corruption

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

You rang twice and expected one of those calls to be explained to you by a call center operator?

What did they TAB Bookmaker say Ranga? Explain it?   Were you and Chief right??? If you want to know why then surely you and chief are right?    Open Platform fire away cause you know the rules so they must have broken them, Tell us verbatim what they said and every expert like chief can explain why they are so wrong?

Here alot of bagging whippy! still havent heard an explanation that was quoted verbatim from the TAB.