Bit Of A Yarn

Fixed Odds Deductions

prior to race 5 at reefton today matt cross mentioned the race would be subject to deductions due the the scratching of ideal grace but he wasn't sure how much that would be

post race the studio fella said it would be 15%

where on the tab website is this available prior to the race starting or better still when the scratching occurs

• Like 1

On 14/03/2021 at 2:01 PM, Rangatira said:

prior to race 5 at reefton today matt cross mentioned the race would be subject to deductions due the the scratching of ideal grace but he wasn't sure how much that would be

post race the studio fella said it would be 15%

where on the tab website is this available prior to the race starting or better still when the scratching occurs

ring the tab, the paddy algorithim doesnt care about your nz tab "speculation"! anyone would think you were an astute punter ranga! careful! one click of the mouse from the maximum security risk assessment team and your with the brodster venting!  

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I agree with you Ranga, and have asked before why this is not published.

You present a winning fixed odds ticket and receive less than what it says you should be getting!

We are expected to receive what they give you without any details?

It is published.

https://fobcms.tab.co.nz/sites/default/files/2021-02/TAB_Betting_Rules_Effective19February_2021.pdf

image.png.919713cf7771d7863bdd64e569c823bd.png

• Champ Post 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

did you actually read the rules yankiwi?  well done mate! They are supposed to be displayed at every tab but there not, I attempted but really came to the conclusion that, It basically says we can change whatever we want!  whenever we want!

But good relevant post Yankiwi! 

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

that is the calculation to work it out

but given they don't state on their website what the price of the scratched horse was at the time it came out it is actually worthless

wouldnt it be on your ticket?, the formula would stay the same, but what you would recieve after deductions would depend on the price you accepted at the time on your ticket? or no?

1 minute ago, whiplash smile said:

wouldnt it be on your ticket?, the formula would stay the same, but what you would recieve after deductions would depend on the price you accepted at the time on your ticket? or no?

i would like to choose no

the odds for the scratched runner when it was scratched is the critical and missing component

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

the odds you accept at the time of acceptance will determine your payout, if i get 4.80 and you get 5.00 doesnt matter does it? ITS FIXED!  If I accept a bet t $3 and it gets scratched 6 hours later when its $6.00 it doesnt matter I would get $3 if it wins not $6 if it ran/ Its not tote?

you are talking about something different

4 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

the odds you accept at the time of acceptance will determine your payout, if i get 4.80 and you get 5.00 doesnt matter does it? ITS FIXED!  If I accept a bet t $3 and it gets scratched 6 hours later when its $6.00 it doesnt matter I would get $3 if it wins not $6 if it ran/ Its not tote?

It isn't FIXED as such because it is subject to late scratching deductions.  Any winning bet will have a % subtracted from the return.

So your $3 becomes $2.70.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

you apply the deduction based on the formula Yankiwi provided you for final field, its still fixed, just apply the formula to the price you accepted the bet?

The point he is making is you can't apply the formula because you don't have all the information e.g. the price at the time of scratching.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It isn't FIXED as such because it is subject to late scratching deductions.  Any winning bet will have a % subtracted from the return.

So your $3 becomes $2.70.

yes based on the price you accepted at the time where it states REDUCTIONS APPLY! your price IS FIXED!! but on the terms that you accepted you have agreed to a reduction based on late scratchings!

And did you see the formula chief???? not rocket science and they dont hide the fact that there will be reductions for scratchings, the point i am trying to make is your bet is accepted at the price you have accepted , fluctuations in the fixed odds market at the time of scratching are irrelevant to YOUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! payout cause ITS BASED ON THAT TICKET CONTRACT YOU ACCEPTED WITH THE TAB!

To quote you chief I take a bet at $3.00 and get paid $2.70, should I get more if its Paying $10.00 at the time of scratching???

9 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

The title of your post says Fixed Odds Deductions?  What are you talking about?

where to find the deduction figure as soon as the scratching is announced (other more on to it betting organisations have this avail on their website)

or in the absence of that the odds for the scratched runner when it was scratched

so it can be worked out by using their suggested calculation  = 80/(RBPs x Odds) (Rounded to nearest whole number).

• Champ Post 1

Just now, whiplash smile said:

The price at the time of scratching has NOTHING to do with it!!!!

minus NOTHING

plus EVERYTHING

The nearest whole number percentage, using Swiss Rounding, obtained by dividing 80 by the product of the numberof RBPs multiplied by the Odds for the Race Entrant at the time it was Scratched from a Race, provided the Odds are less than or equal to Maximum Deduction Odds

• Champ Post 2

6 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

The price at the time of scratching has NOTHING to do with it!!!!

FFS Whiplash go back and read the formula example.

No need Rangitara just did it for you.

But to put it simply - the % deduction is calculated using the SCRATCHED horse's price at the time of the scratching!

• Champ Post 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rangatira said:

where to find the deduction figure as soon as the scratching is announced (other more on to it betting organisations have this avail on their website)

or in the absence of that the odds for the scratched runner when it was scratched

so it can be worked out by using their suggested calculation  = 80/(RBPs x Odds) (Rounded to nearest whole number).

The odds are fixed , If I take a bet on a horse at $10 at 1pm, and my friend gets it at $100 dollars later on, regardless if its scratched or not do I get $100 also? No cause my price was fixed with deductions applied based on the tab formula that you accepted at the time of YOUR! bet, How can the odds for the scratched runner be given huh? give out a dozen payout figures depending on what the odds were of the late scratched runner?

4 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

minus NOTHING

plus EVERYTHING

The nearest whole number percentage, using Swiss Rounding, obtained by dividing 80 by the product of the numberof RBPs multiplied by the Odds for the Race Entrant at the time it was Scratched from a Race, provided the Odds are less than or equal to Maximum Deduction Odds

THE ODDS THAT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!     HAD WHEN IT WAS SCRATCHED!!!!!