Bit Of A Yarn

4 y-o classics Taylor Mile/ Messenger

Karrots

With the 4 y-o Classics fast approaching lets take a look at who most likely will contest.

The thing I am liking is that most likely the race will run with all horses running on their own merits. As 1 stable will not dominate. And if someone gets lead, they will not have a fear that should they hand to the right one, they most likely will not end up 3 or 4 back. I'v put in my order whom my rankings are atm. Of course like with, Jewels this could change. Have I missed anyone? Who are yours in rank order? How will the tough top mare Amazing Dream go against the boys her age group this year? She won the Northern Derby last year didn't she. We can use this thread to post on these races as they come up.

My rank order

1. Copy That
  2. Amazing Dream
  3. Pembrooke Playboy
  4. Christianshavtime
  5. Kango
  6. Spirit of St Lou

Fabrizio would be in there too for me, if he was up and running.

Might have to change my rank order after todays workout, Copy That was passed by Darling Me. Haha, prob just a non-compete workout for him.

Feel free to join in on this positive thread. Just a lil boot put in there hehe.

There is Taipo too & South Coast Arden, American Me, maybe Italian Lad might head North.

Didn’t include some of the South ones for now, as no clue if they plan to trek North eg Steel the Show, Cranbourne Belmont Major.

horse running GIF

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roman said:

Can take out Pembrook Playboy, Nathan said he isn't heading north for the 4yo races, only the jewels

Thanks for the latest update there Roman. Good strategy thinking of those Cambridge corners 👍 Remember them Gamms 😄 

Ok so that bumps Spirit up the rank list 😉 Ill stick to North ones for now on list bar Ms Dream, since they are more likely starters. Can add more closer to time.

1. Copy That
  2. Amazing Dream
  3. Christianshavtime
  4. Kango
  5. Spirit of St Lou
  6. Taipo
  7. South Coast Arden
  8. American Me

Taupiri Wonder a brainteaser for you or anyone 😄 With 8 weeks til the Jewels, you can start to collect bonus points prior the big day. Start ahead of everyone else & grab yourself a bonus point. 

Who am I?

Who would Karrots rank as top of list if I was in NZ & race fit? 

First poster to answer correctly gets the bonus point 😄

Happy Real Housewives GIF by Cameo

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Gammalite? or do you have to actually be alive to be top of the heap? lol........... actually go for this one......

SWEET ON ME as beat Amazing Dream 5 or so times from just 7 starts?

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

SWEET ON ME as beat Amazing Dream 5 or so times from just 7 starts?

Bam correct yes Sweet On Me beat her 6 out of 7 times, with 1 2nd placing to her in just 7 starts. Gee & I thought that might be a good trick question, but there you go, Gamms take the 1st round of Jewels bonus points 👏 

clapping applause GIF by hero0fwar

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Karrots said:

be a good trick question, but there you go, Gamms take the 1st round of Jewels bonus points 👏

Rightio , here's one for some Jewel s bonus points for a clever player. 

The last Jewels day was 1st June 2019 at Addington. What makes PRINCESS TIFFANY special on that wet day? 

Regarding the Jewellery on offer.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Rightio , here's one for some Jewel s bonus points for a clever player. 

The last Jewels day was 1st June 2019 at Addington. What makes PRINCESS TIFFANY special on that wet day? 

Regarding the Jewellery on offer.

Beaten a nostril to win Another Diamond,to go with the one she won in 2018!!!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Karrots said:

Taupiri Wonder a brainteaser for you or anyone 😄 With 8 weeks til the Jewels, you can start to collect bonus points prior the big day. Start ahead of everyone else & grab yourself a bonus point. 

Who am I?

First poster to answer correctly gets the bonus point 😄

Happy Real Housewives GIF by Cameo

Karrots,my turn to 'snooze and lose'.

Sleep deprived due to watching every second of NRLGames (and associated previews/reviews),plus every ball of new IPL Cricket Comp.

Also,I do fare better with Sudoku,rather than Cryptic Puzzles.🤭

Congrats to Gamms for scooping the first bonus point.☝️

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Beaten a nostril to win Another Diamond,to go with the one she won in 2018!!!

Well that is a great fact or two , and very close . but no cigar or Diamond for that answer.

Clue :  Forget about ruby's, I'm Only thinking of Diamonds and Emeralds.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Well that is a great fact or two , and very close . but no cigar or Diamond for that answer.

Clue :  Forget about ruby's, I'm Only thinking of Diamonds and Emeralds.

Whaa, we didn't get the correct answer. Thought it was a Pearl of a guess to take the Gold.

Hmm, well let someone else take the bonus point glory. If no-one Gamms you can take the point as you out smarted us.

Ill update Jewels page with latest 2y-os etc on weekend with 7 weeks to go and do the draw for everyone, everyone gets a horse in 2 races based on numbers so random. Points will go 12 points thru to 1. 12 for a win & 1 for last. Will add in the 2y-os points too & then calculate the winner. 

So a good idea to get ahead slightly by these bonus points up for grabs 👍

Was taking a look at the Tab futures for Messenger, to see to check out their rankings. 1 thing I'm curious about how it works, just an observation & know people get busy, its next week Taylor Mile & they have Bad to Bone as 8th Rank @ $31. I see horse was exported to Oz early this year. Same owners, so maybe it might be coming back for it … ?

Also Steel The Show 9th @ $31, 10th @ $67 Belmont Major , 10th = $67 Need You Know.

Seems a bit unusual to me, unless they have confirmed with the trainers these South horses attending. (Not that familiar with futures). 

Messenger rankings are similar.

Then hit on Jewels take Spirit, now he is Ranked 6th in ALL of them including Jewels, @ $13, however if you check out Spirits stake money this season & ranking on Jewels list he's going to be facing an uphill battle to qualify with clock against him. Suppose maybe a couple of placings in these racing could leap frog him ?? (don’t know stake money for them).

As I said I don’t know how these futures work exactly. Any explanations? Not being factious. See no Pembrook P, he has been removed, but is in the Jewels futures 👍 Maybe they have called around & got the inside word, which then explains things but not really the Spirit Jewels ranking thing for me.

PS Gamms you take the points for your question, perhaps time to share with us the answer 😁

42 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Was taking a look at the Tab futures for Messenger, to see to check out their rankings. 1 thing I'm curious about how it works, its next week Taylor Mile & they have Bad to Bone as 8th Rank @ $31. I see horse was exported to Oz early this year. Same owners, so maybe it might be coming back for it … ?

Hey Karrots:

I watched Bad To The Bone Win the opening race last Sat @ Menangle. A$20,400 1609m Race in 1.51.4 M/R

Began Oz Career in Feb with pair of 7ths.

Then 1st 1st 2nd 1st 1st *Best M/R 1.50.5 *Stakes A$50,400

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Karrots said:

PS Gamms you take the points for your question, perhaps time to share with us the answer 😁

The question was " What makes Princess Tiffany special on the last Jewels day in 2019 at Addington?"

answer: The Allstars had their last Jewels Day togeather (barring a comeback )

and PRINCESS TIFFANY is the Allstars missing Link in a Diamond and Emerald Clean Sweep !!!

she was run down a nose (by brother Barry trainer and Zac Butcher) , divebombing her very late.

So she is special for missing out on the day! lol, and preventing that lovely BIG 6 winning photo frame!

2YO Diamond Sweet On Me Mark Purdon M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen
3YO Diamond Belle Of Montana Zachary Butcher B Purdon
4YO Diamond Elle Mac Natalie Rasmussen M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen
2YO Emerald One Change Natalie Rasmussen M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen
3YO Emerald Jesse Duke Mark Purdon M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen
4YO Emerald Turn It Up Mark Purdon M Purdon & Ms N C Rasmussen
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Taupiri Wonder said:

Hey Karrots:

I watched Bad To The Bone Win the opening race last Sat @ Menangle. A$20,400 1609m Race in 1.51.4 M/R

Began Oz Career in Feb with pair of 7ths.

Then 1st 1st 2nd 1st 1st *Best M/R 1.50.5 *Stakes A$50,400

Oh nice, you saw the latest win, doing well over there. So why would he come back if that stake money is up for grabs and he is winning it hey. But you never know.

Spirits Jewels current ranking is 110 to be precise, TAB have him ranked 6th Jewels. I mean I dink a bit strange. But I not Tab futures expert.

Im gunna give you and Big Bang a bonus point too for Jewels kickoff, as you created a guess game & Big Bang got it. Be super if we had a prize to play for.

13 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

The question was " What makes Princess Tiffany special on the last Jewels day in 2019 at Addington?"

answer: The Allstars had their last Jewels Day togeather (barring a comeback )

and PRINCESS TIFFANY is the Allstars missing Link in a Diamond and Emerald Clean Sweep !!!

she was run down a nose (by brother Barry trainer and Zac Butcher) , divebombing her very late.

So she is special for missing out on the day! lol, and preventing that lovely BIG 6 winning photo frame!

Ha very good & cryptic, outsmarted us ALL! So you now have 2 bonus points, a max of 2 bonus points only is the rule.

PS be interesting to see how many Jewels Cullens A-Team take out this year. Perhaps we could debate that or have that as a comp too to add to it maybe closer to time on Jewels page 😃

Edited by Karrots
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Karrots said:

Was taking a look at the Tab futures for Messenger, to see to check out their rankings. 1 thing I'm curious about how it works, just an observation & know people get busy, its next week Taylor Mile & they have Bad to Bone as 8th Rank @ $31. I see horse was exported to Oz early this year. Same owners, so maybe it might be coming back for it … ?

Also Steel The Show 9th @ $31, 10th @ $67 Belmont Major , 10th = $67 Need You Know.

Seems a bit unusual to me, unless they have confirmed with the trainers these South horses attending. (Not that familiar with futures). 

Messenger rankings are similar.

Then hit on Jewels take Spirit, now he is Ranked 6th in ALL of them including Jewels, @ $13, however if you check out Spirits stake money this season & ranking on Jewels list he's going to be facing an uphill battle to qualify with clock against him. Suppose maybe a couple of placings in these racing could leap frog him ?? (don’t know stake money for them).

As I said I don’t know how these futures work exactly. Any explanations? Not being factious. See no Pembrook P, he has been removed, but is in the Jewels futures 👍 Maybe they have called around & got the inside word, which then explains things but not really the Spirit Jewels ranking thing for me.

yeah the bookies are sly like that, They are a law unto their own. 

• Like 1

Looks like Copy That had a good hit out today by workout results, won his by 5 & 1/2 lengths. Last 1/2 in 26.8. 

So race on. 

On a side note spy lil Sugar Apple is back winning nicely his workout. Aww is he going to get me some good Jewels points hehe. Current ranking is last. But oh that could change. Still 7 weeks to go. 

19 hours ago, Karrots said:

Looks like Copy That had a good hit out today by workout results, won his by 5 & 1/2 lengths. Last 1/2 in 26.8. 

So race on. 

On a side note spy lil Sugar Apple is back winning nicely his workout. Aww is he going to get me some good Jewels points hehe. Current ranking is last. But oh that could change. Still 7 weeks to go. 

Spirit of St Louis is off to Aus

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roman said:

Spirit of St Louis is off to Aus

Thx Roman for the latest update. I have another latest update too. Sugar Apple will go to another trial, before back to races 😁🍏

Plus Copy That is in great fitness ahead of the Mile next week 👍 Is it going to be a race fought out at the end between 2? We shall have our answer next week.

The Amazing Dream vs Hard to Copy That? 

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/copy-that-clears-out-but-his-quick-recoverys-the-real-pointer-to-taylor-mile-chances/

Here are the noms 9, be a front row draw for all pending late entries. Bad to the Bone is back! The plot thickens. No Spirit. As Roman suggested looks like off to Oz is on the money. 

Horse Form Age Sex Trainer Rating $Hcp Life $Win Hcp  
Kango 102233 4 G Arna Donnelly R72 46,320 33,550 Ft  
New York Minute 103731 4 G Arna Donnelly R75 47,515 32,150 Ft  
Steel The Show 422554 4 G Robert Dunn R76 58,178 41,040 Ft  
Need You Now 622432 4 M Robert Dunn R79 117,762 55,860 Ft  
South Coast Arden 1449X5 4 H Brent Mangos R80 80,022 58,300 Ft  
Christianshavtime 631231 4 G Logan Hollis & Shane Robertson R82 78,978 51,475 Ft  
Bad To The Bone 711211 4 G Barry Purdon & Scott Phelan R91 171,603 101,466 Ft  
Amazing Dream 112132 4 M Hayden Cullen R117 925,165 818,089 Ft  
Copy That 253111 4 H Ray Green R117 346,989 256,625 Ft  
  • Like 1

Heres the draw as below, correction at Alex 8 off front. How will this race be run? Will Bad to the Bone or Kango try to hold Copy That out from working to the front? Copy That has the drop on Amazing Dream. Be great no stable driving in this race 😄 If they hand to Copy that they will know lead won't be handed up again. But would they then be able to run past him ...

1. Steel the Show

2. Bad to the Bone

3. Christianshavtime

4. Kango

5. Copy That

6. Amazing Dream

7. South Coast Arden

8. Need You Know

9. New York Minute - second row

Edited by Karrots

56 minutes ago, Karrots said:

Heres the draw as below, correction at Alex 8 off front. How will this race be run? Will Bad to the Bone or Kango try to hold Copy That out from working to the front? Copy That has the drop on Amazing Dream. Be great no stable driving in this race 😄 If they hand to Copy that they will know lead won't be handed up again. But would they then be able to run past him ...

1. Steel the Show

2. Bad to the Bone

3. Christianshavtime

4. Kango

5. Copy That

6. Amazing Dream

7. South Coast Arden

8. Need You Know

9. New York Minute - second row

May be wrong here as well, but I'd say this may be the first time both leaders for the 4yo Emerald and Diamond section race each other in the "leaders" colours

• Like 1