NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Dave & Jan Kerr

Newmarket

They certainly  were very good trainers of that era, and always had some nice horses, and the two top ones you named, I think they had one called redback and also the snob who I will always remember, as I got my first trifecta  with him, straight line was also a very good horse they had, a trip down memory lane, they were good days.

16 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You would know more about it than me, but I thought Nick Wigley trained her, or was it only first few starts? 

I think you might be right Newmarket. He certainly bred and raced her. Pretty sure Dave and Jan trained her when she won the 1000 Guineas and later the Stradbroke though. From memory Grant Cooksley and earlier, CWJ had strong associations with her.

Edited by curious
  • Like 1

Don't think Nick ever trained her...I remember Jan walking her around at Ashburton on a typical spring day,  with a stinking cold easterly,  when the filly had her first start.

Nick did train her relation Vicki Buck though,  after Dave had trained her initially.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2018 at 9:15 PM, Newmarket said:

You would know more about it than me, but I thought Nick Wigley trained her, or was it only first few starts? 

I know that Kerr trained when it went to Aussie....won stradbroke I think.....if I remember right, Aussies thought he was mad starting her in it! Real nice mare

• Champ Post 1