Bit Of A Yarn

Rider Horse dispersal

Freda

default-page-bg.jpg

Rider Horse NZ dispersal on gavelhouse.com

22 April 2021

A dispersal of 135 Lots for the Inner Mongolia Rider Horse Industry (NZ) Ltd group is now live online on gavelhouse.com.

Lot%20106%20Lady%20Fenuala%20(NZ).jpg
Lot 106, Lady Fenuala (NZ) (Cape Blanco) offered in foal to Mongolian Khan.

The 135 listings include mares and foals, weanlings, yearlings, two-year-olds and unraced stock. There are 45 in-foal mares set for auction, while a number of mares are being sold with foals at foot. 

The Rider Horse stock is based at two properties, namely Highview Stud in Ngahinapouri, and Willow Glen Stud in Waimate.

All bar two of the Lots are being sold unreserved, with an upset bid of $500.

With mares by leading broodmare sires Zabeel, O’Reilly, Pins, Stravinsky, Redoute’s Choice, Savabeel, Iffraaj and Montjeu, there is something to suit all breeders.

There is also an opportunity to secure young stock by emerging sire Mongolian Khan, a dual Derby and Caulfield Cup winner, whose eldest are just three and are making a good impression, particularly as staying horses of the future.

With New Zealand renowned for breeding quality middle distance and staying horses, as evidenced by the first three past the post in the recent Gr.1 Australian Derby all being New Zealand bred, Mongolian Khan looks to be a sire whose progeny can add to the legacy.

Mongolian Khan’s first crop winners include stakes performer My Squeeze Louise in addition to winners Supreme Khan, Mongolian Wings, Suppression, Maria Jane, Granados and last Tuesday’s impressive Mornington winner Made By Khan.

Inner Mongolia Rider Horse Industry (NZ) Ltd will also be selling young stallion Mongolian Falcon, a Group Two winning son of Fastnet Rock, whose eldest are just yearlings and Mabsam, the dam of three winners including I Am Invincible mare Festivity, a five-time winner for Jamie Richards and a stakes winner in waiting.

Foals at foot have been branded and microchipped, with all stock recently drenched and trimmed. 

Lot%20134%20Zuccato%20(NZ).jpg
Lot 134, Zuccato (NZ) (Iffraaj) offered in foal to Sweet Orange.

“This is a complete dispersal as a result of Inner Mongolia Rider Horse Industry not being able to export horses to China since Covid-19 hit, which is a significant part of their business,” Highview Stud’s Brent Gillovic.

“Given there is no likelihood of horse flights resuming between New Zealand and China in the near future, the decision has been made to disperse the horses, with several quality offerings amongst them.

“With a large number of horses on offer, I expect to see some bargain basement prices and plenty of opportunities for pin-hookers and young trainers to get their hands on quality youngstock.

“I once bought a horse for $100 from a supplementary session at Karaka and subsequently sold it for $120,000 as a trial winner and expect some great stories like this to come out of this sale in time,” he said.

The sale will conclude on Sunday 25 April, with the first lot scheduled for the earlier than usual time of 5PM (NZT) given the larger volume of horses to be auctioned.

Due to the dispersal sale running during the usual entry phase for gavelhouse.com’s fortnightly mixed bloodstock auctions, the entry window for the next sale will open from Sunday evening through to the later time of 10AM Tuesday 27 April before launching at 5PM. If you would like to enter early email info@gavelhouse.com with your horse details to start the process. - gavelhouse.com

Sad because some nice stock on offer, back in the day would probably have picked one myself . But not now with the way NZracing is being operated.

They seemed to keep this sale rather quiet also, i hope NZTR welfare person took some good notes, doubt that though.

19 minutes ago, Huey said:

Sad because some nice stock on offer, back in the day would probably have picked one myself . But not now with the way NZracing is being operated.

They seemed to keep this sale rather quiet also, i hope NZTR welfare person took some good notes, doubt that though.

Yeah,  same.   Sad to see many of the broodmares unwanted,  not much hope for them. 

Rider Horse NZ Dispersal Sale - Results

Lot Name Colour Sex Sire Dam Price Purchaser Status

Weanlings
1 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Dawninsky NZD$1,200 flag-primary.png Spotlight
2 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon English Kath Res NZD$500 -
3 Unnamed Grey Filly Sweet Orange Envy Me NZD$800 flag-primary.png Pilgrim
4 Unnamed Bay Filly Sweet Orange Libourne no bids -
5 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Treasury NZD$600 flag-primary.png bmac
6 Unnamed Brown Filly Mongolian Falcon Winsome Kash Res NZD$500 -

Yearlings
7 Unnamed Bay Filly Sweet Orange Ballacara Res NZD$500 -
8 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Falcon Champagne Shisha Res NZD$500 -
9 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Creole Res NZD$500 -
10 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Daliesque Res NZD$500 -
11 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Dawninsky Res NZD$500 -
12 Unnamed Bay Filly Sweet Orange De Russian Queen NZD$600 flag-primary.png fredrick
13 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Demeter Res NZD$500 -
14 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Falcon Emlajay NZD$700 flag-primary.png Ksb
15 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon English Kath Res NZD$500 -
16 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon Envy Me Res NZD$500 -
17 Unnamed Bay or Brown Colt Mongolian Falcon Femmena NZD$800 flag-primary.png andrewsan
18 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Invermoray NZD$2,600 flag-primary.png jaxco
19 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Irish Tavern Res NZD$500 -
20 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon Julieta NZD$500 flag-primary.png samracing
21 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon Katinka NZD$2,000 flag-primary.png Thistime
22 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon Lecanda Res NZD$500 -
23 Unnamed Brown Filly Mongolian Falcon Live it Up Res NZD$500 -
24 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Malibu Miss Res NZD$500 -
25 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon Middlebrook NZD$600 flag-primary.png muzza99
26 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Mongolian Miracle NZD$11,500 flag-primary.png CJ
27 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan More Than Adequate NZD$500 flag-primary.png Vulcan23
28 Unnamed Bay Filly Sweet Orange My First Fifteen NZD$1,400 flag-primary.png Mikemccann
29 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan My Rose Maree Res NZD$500 -
30 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan No Reins NZD$500 flag-primary.png samracing
31 Unnamed Bay Filly Sweet Orange Paulette NZD$600 flag-primary.png johnr
32 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Peach Bellini no bids -
33 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Permanent NZD$17,000 flag-primary.png IDS
34 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon Pink Beach Res NZD$500 -
35 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Piper NZD$3,100 flag-primary.png Cola
36 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Polynesia Email offers to info@gavelhouse.com flag-primary.png Still available
37 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Scarlet's Secret NZD$1,200 flag-primary.png jbarker
38 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Scattered Dreams NZD$2,100 flag-primary.png jaxco
39 Unnamed Chestnut Colt Sweet Orange Silent Ways NZD$600 flag-primary.png Lorr23
40 Unnamed Bay Colt Sweet Orange Sister O'Reilly NZD$1,200 flag-primary.png rutzy
41 Unnamed Bay or Brown Filly Mongolian Falcon Sky Charm Res NZD$500 -
42 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon So Take That NZD$500 flag-primary.png morry58
43 Unnamed Chestnut Filly Sweet Orange Suneeta NZD$600 flag-primary.png Jockeydke
44 Unnamed Brown Colt Mongolian Khan Tokomutu Mistress Res NZD$500 -
45 Unnamed Grey Filly Mongolian Khan Tossed and Turned NZD$900 flag-primary.png Farrah
46 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Vitruvian Lady NZD$500 flag-primary.png alla49
47 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Viva Roma NZD$500 flag-primary.png lucre
48 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Falcon Winsome Kash NZD$600 flag-primary.png RSS
49 Unnamed Brown Filly Wrote Ze One NZD$900 flag-primary.png Morrinsville

Two Year Olds
50 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Amazing Sky NZD$900 flag-primary.png davina72
51 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Attivaree NZD$600 flag-primary.png MiChampion
52 Unnamed Brown Colt Mongolian Khan Caldera NZD$1,200 flag-primary.png Cola
53 Unnamed Bay or Brown Filly Mongolian Khan Champagne Shisha NZD$2,100 flag-primary.png Boxer
54 Unnamed Chestnut Filly Bullbars Commendable NZD$4,500 flag-primary.png ballycormac
55 Unnamed Bay or Brown Colt Mongolian Khan Coveted NZD$1,700 flag-primary.png GN123
56 Unnamed Bay or Brown Filly Mongolian Khan Demeter NZD$600 flag-primary.png Sherules1
57 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Diamond Miss Res NZD$500 -
58 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Emlajay NZD$600 flag-primary.png Kerrin
59 Unnamed Brown Filly Mongolian Khan English Kath Res NZD$500 -
60 Unnamed Grey Filly Mongolian Khan Envy Me NZD$3,500 flag-primary.png weststock
61 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Fur Elise Res NZD$500 -
62 Unnamed Bay or Brown Filly Mongolian Khan Game Call NZD$500 flag-primary.png RobertBlacker
63 Unnamed Brown Filly Mongolian Khan Giggleswick NZD$6,000 flag-primary.png Rivergigi
64 Unnamed Bay Filly Iffraaj Invermoray NZD$8,500 flag-primary.png Boxer
65 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Julieta Res NZD$500 -
66 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Katinka Res NZD$500 -
67 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Lecanda NZD$1,100 flag-primary.png AjLethbridge
68 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Libourne Res NZD$500 -
69 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Live it Up NZD$500 flag-primary.png donahue76
70 Unnamed Bay or Brown Colt Mongolian Khan Miss Annaliese NZD$800 flag-primary.png Margaret
71 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Mongolian Miracle NZD$1,700 flag-primary.png Cola
72 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Pink Beach NZD$700 flag-primary.png FOXY
73 Unnamed Brown Filly Mongolian Khan Senorita Rosay NZD$700 flag-primary.png davina72
74 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Sky Charm NZD$600 flag-primary.png Bucko
75 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Southern Pride NZD$500 flag-primary.png Suem
76 Unnamed Brown Filly Mongolian Khan Tereshkina NZD$500 flag-primary.png 386kauri
77 Unnamed Bay Filly Mongolian Khan Vitruvian Lady NZD$600 flag-primary.png SBW1
78 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Viva Roma Res NZD$500 -
79 Unnamed Brown Filly Mongolian Khan Winsome Kash NZD$600 flag-primary.png Loneoak

Unraced Horses
80 Unnamed Brown Colt Mongolian Khan Caldera NZD$100 flag-primary.png Regal
81 Unnamed Bay Colt Niagara No Reins Res NZD$500 -
82 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Pink Beach NZD$1,800 flag-primary.png Vstar
83 Unnamed Chestnut Colt Bullbars Quaalup NZD$1,200 flag-primary.png Cola
84 Unnamed Bay Colt Mongolian Khan Trustam no bids -

Broodmares
85 Amazing Sky Bay Mare Danroad Quasi Stellar Res NZD$500 -
86 Ballacara Brown Mare Don Eduardo Balmacara NZD$500 flag-primary.png KAG
87 Caldera Bay Mare Tiger Hill Annie Daly Res NZD$500 -
88 Chocolat Bay Mare Align Creole NZD$700 flag-primary.png Slipper
89 Concinnity Chestnut Mare Rock of Gibraltar Anatomy NZD$800 flag-primary.png TateBrown
90 Daliesque Bay Mare Darci Brahma Paint Me a Dream Res NZD$500 -
91 De Russian Queen Bay Mare Stravinsky Perfect Evening NZD$600 flag-primary.png Kat
92 Demeter Bay Mare Sir Percy Oenology Res NZD$500 -
93 Desiree Bay Mare Savabeel Well Kept Res NZD$500 -
94 Diamond Miss Chestnut Mare Sufficient Diamond Lady Res NZD$500 -
95 Diamond Thorn Bay Mare Thorn Park County Crim NZD$800 flag-primary.png ETHJAYB
96 Eleanor Coup Bay Mare Daggers Drawn Besty Coup Res NZD$500 -
97 Emlajay Brown Mare Johar Rory's Helen Res NZD$500 -
98 Femmena Brown Mare Zabeel Stella's Pantry Res NZD$500 -
99 Fur Elise Bay Mare Danasinga My Girl Elise Res NZD$500 -
100 Highest Bid Bay Mare Montjeu No Reserve NZD$500 flag-primary.png Kat
101 Hui Hai Stars Bay Mare Pour Moi There's No Doubt NZD$500 flag-primary.png Thinkbig
102 Irish Tavern Bay Mare O'Reilly Pubs NZD$500 flag-primary.png cjh09
103 Jelly Bay Mare Reset Blue Beans Res NZD$500 -
104 Julieta Bay Mare Darci Brahma Mareva Res NZD$500 -
105 Katinka Bay Mare Redoute's Choice Satinka NZD$5,750 flag-primary.png Explosive
106 Lady Fenuala Bay Mare Cape Blanco Lady Dehere NZD$6,500 flag-primary.png Berlin21
107 Libourne Bay Mare Montjeu Trotanoy Res NZD$500 -
108 Lilyput Bay Mare O'Reilly Lily Potter NZD$500 flag-primary.png rooney10
109 Live it Up Brown Mare O'Reilly Bali Hi Res NZD$500 -
110 Mabsam Brown Mare Stratum Gypsy Dollar Res NZD$50,000 -
111 Malibu Miss Brown Mare Sufficient Marwiki NZD$1,000 flag-primary.png alex19982001
112 Miss Annaliese Brown Mare Don Eduardo It's Spring Again Res NZD$500 -
113 Model to Nite Bay Mare Johar Depuessence NZD$500 flag-primary.png DeBee
114 Monegasque Bay Mare Pour Moi Argante Res NZD$500 -
115 More Than Adequate Chestnut Mare Generous My Marilyn no bids -
116 My First Fifteen Bay Mare Danasinga Fifteen Reasons NZD$600 flag-primary.png Sherules1
117 No Reins Bay Mare Show a Heart Loisset Res NZD$500 -
118 Pedderstock Bay Mare Tavistock Lady Pedder NZD$500 flag-primary.png facgen
119 Perfect Set Bay Mare Reset Our Sharapova Res NZD$500 -
120 Pierian Bay Mare Montjeu Nimue NZD$1,650 flag-primary.png Sherules1
121 Pink Beach Bay Mare Johar Anakela Bay Res NZD$500 -
122 Quaalup Bay Mare Pins Bremer Bay NZD$600 flag-primary.png MaggieT
123 Scarlet's Secret Bay Mare Savabeel Scarlet Vanhara NZD$15,500 flag-primary.png nico2
124 Scattered Dreams Brown Mare Redoute's Choice Snippets' Jewel NZD$1,700 flag-primary.png Explosive
125 Silent Ways Bay Mare Sir Percy Habitual Res NZD$500 -
126 Sister O'Reilly Bay Mare O'Reilly Charlotte's Sister Res NZD$500 -
127 Sky Charm Bay Mare Darci Brahma Star Charm Res NZD$500 -
128 So Take That Chestnut Mare Align So There NZD$500 flag-primary.png morry58
129 Tossed and Turned Grey Mare Secret Savings Dolphinima NZD$750 flag-primary.png william94
130 Via Veneto Bay Mare Cape Cross Shopping Spree Res NZD$500 -
131 Vitruvian Lady Bay Mare Manduro Vas y Carla NZD$700 flag-primary.png facgen
132 Viva Roma Bay Mare Spartacus Verganti Res NZD$500 -
133 Ze One Bay Mare All American Ze Choice NZD$900 flag-primary.png PENN
134 Zuccato Bay Mare Iffraaj Bow Lane NZD$4,400 flag-primary.png Millefiori

Stallions
135 Mongolian Falcon Bay Colt Fastnet Rock Amazing Beauty Res NZD$50,000 -

1 hour ago, Huey said:

Biggest issue is that most were by M Khan who has had a slow start to his career and the other horse is just beginning . Saying that MK still advertised at 10k , this is one of the issues with people not breeding , most stallions are over priced . That's before you factor in grazing and vet fees .

There was a time when grazing was part and parcel of the service fee .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nomates said:

Not pulling out , it's all about not being able to get horses to China because of Covid .

yeah,  NZ grooms not allowed off plane, Chinese grooms not allowed on...and no vet allowed to travel to destination as would normally happen.. but  also,  apparently, Rider Horse [ NZ ] has to generate its own profit,  as opposed to being propped up by Mr Wolf, so...

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Freda said:

yeah,  NZ grooms not allowed off plane, Chinese grooms not allowed on...and no vet allowed to travel to destination as would normally happen.. but  also,  apparently, Rider Horse [ NZ ] has to generate its own profit,  as opposed to being propped up by Mr Wolf, so...

Hell I'd go.  Loved my trips to China and the new Track complex looks amazing.

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Biggest issue is that most were by M Khan who has had a slow start to his career and the other horse is just beginning . Saying that MK still advertised at 10k , this is one of the issues with people not breeding , most stallions are over priced . That's before you factor in grazing and vet fees .

There was a time when grazing was part and parcel of the service fee .

And they appear to take time also, something in short supply these days. $10k always a stretch for MK ,youd have to love the mating to pay that when you could have picked up any number of nice types for $500 !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Huey said:

And they appear to take time also, something in short supply these days. $10k always a stretch for MK ,youd have to love the mating to pay that when you could have picked up any number of nice types for $500 !

One of the main reasons for the decline of the number of horses being bred is the unrealistic service fees being put on horses going to stud . Asking 5k for a horse that might have won a G3 or a G1 placing is unrealistic if you want numbers . Go to the stud book and see what some horses are advertised at , ridiculous .

Numbers on the ground is what it is all about , Zed was the template for kick starting a horses career , charged bugger all and got the numbers , got some nice horses and away he went . They don't have to go that cheap to start but it's the right idea .

Stallios need runners so what's better 80 covers at 2k or 35 at 4k , they all just want to make money straight away , it's not the way it should be , stallions and their owners have to earn it , just like any other part of racing .

Check out Derryn , Grangewilliam have got it right , good race performance , some pedigree , went to stud at 3k i think , but look at the numbers , 100+ first 3 seasons . Now they have given him a chance , if he fails well it's because he's not good enough .

And then you have stupid grazing costs and vet costs on top , everybody just clipping the ticket , just like training costs .

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi - does anyone know how to get in contact with a buyer? I've messaged Gavelhouse to see if they could give me contact details of 'facgen' who purchased a mare I owned a share in when she was in Australia. I only just saw that this sale occurred - I wasn't aware she was being sold. 

16 hours ago, michj said:

Hi - does anyone know how to get in contact with a buyer? I've messaged Gavelhouse to see if they could give me contact details of 'facgen' who purchased a mare I owned a share in when she was in Australia. I only just saw that this sale occurred - I wasn't aware she was being sold. 

No luck?

How about contacting the vendor listed in the results,  you might be able to get some help there.  He/she/they would have to know who purchased and where she has gone.