NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Graeme Anderson & TAB Odds?

Happy Sunrise

Interesting betting scenario at Forbury tonight.

Graeme Anderson has taken in 2 horses from outside stables and they are starting in the same race. Drawn side by side. His magical touch normally works in an instant but with 2 in, how would the TAB know who is better? The odds are so clear-cut in favour of Command Lustre. $1.65FF, Why?

Is it simply because he has taken over the training of Command Lustre but only taken in Beaudiene Emerald for a short time? Simply the Dexter factor?

image.png.6990aee4b8285e5a9ac9d50bc7265e34.png

1 hour ago, Nowornever said:

I believe the TAB have quite a few contacts inside the major stables. Usually they are bang on with those Anderson shorties.

I have heard that bandied about before but weren't sure if it was true. I wouldn't be happy if I was an owner and my horse's odds were shortened because of a contact within the stable. 

What happens if Beaudiene Emerald wins tonight? What will the TAB do if they have been led astray by a contact?

Would the TAB lead punters into Command Lustre as a bit of a con job so they rake in the money through multis etc?

The economic and ethical permutations are pretty interesting.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I have heard that bandied about before but weren't sure if it was true. I wouldn't be happy if I was an owner and my horse's odds were shortened because of a contact within the stable. 

What happens if Beaudiene Emerald wins tonight? What will the TAB do if they have been led astray by a contact?

Would the TAB lead punters into Command Lustre as a bit of a con job so they rake in the money through multis etc?

The economic and ethical permutations are pretty interesting.

Would not surprise me if all of the above were true

And someone else was on the money. Would love to know if it opened at $ 1.65 or the $10 000 brought it into that price. 

So much for restrictions?

From The Bookie's Desk 3 July

03 July 2018

HRNZ Marketing Logo

Thursday – Forbury Park
Punters hit the ground running at Forbury on Thursday night.  $10,000 bets on Command Lustre @ $1.65, Kate's Carrera @ $3 and Marshal Star @ $1.50 all landed.  There was a stack of money early on for Ideal Draw against Kate's Carrera and these two duly provided the quinella.

6 hours ago, Portfolio said:

What do you think could be , the new training techniques that turn around horses so quick? 

Not sure Portfolio, not in any stable!

Maybe it is just that he becones more professional do you think?

Edited by Brodie
  • Haha 2

Would be very interesting to see what other harness stables have all their horses requiring  therapeutic treatment?

It is legal so you would think that to promote the product  then the directors would advertise who uses this blood treatment so that more people would have the treatment and therefore make money??????

3 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Would be very interesting to see what other harness stables have all their horses requiring  therapeutic treatment?

It is legal so you would think that to promote the product  then the directors would advertise who uses this blood treatment so that more people would have the treatment and therefore make money??????

Anthony Cummings

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

I no one of the owners of Tribeca  and been told its not much of a horse as tim butt had it so if it was any good he would have took it with him to oz

TAB will have it short as.

Probably come out and win!

• Like 1

Portfolio, horses that go to the beach do seem to improve their attitude and it does freshen them up, as I am sure horses get sick and tired of going around and around small tracks.

Beach work is on sand obviously and easier on their legs and straight training rather than bends.

We are still waiting to hear what harness trainers are doing this therapeutic blood treatment.

You would think that trainers would be voluntarily coming out and telling us seem it is only therapeutic and all the horses are needing it!!!

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Anybody going Tribeca at 2 60FF or Onedin Express at 2 00FF tomorrow night? ?

Yeah Nah!

Most Place Odds far too short, not,worth the effort Happy.

Couple Of win odds are not so bad, but Forbury a funny track.