Bit Of A Yarn

Timaru Thursday,jumps races.

mikeynz

36 minutes ago, Pitman said:

I just might know a bit more than I am prepared to admit.

However it is not up to me to make public, information that may be commercially sensitive.

For the last time - "Go ask Tim Mills or Jim Langan, CEO and Racing Manager of the Canterbury Jockey Club"

I trust you will not harp on about this any further and give either a call or email them for the information you so desperately crave- they may make it available, I can't 

The thing is Mr Pitman , industry participants shouldn't have to go to anybody to get this information , an informative and transparent industry such as ours where participants are such an integral part of the industries success should be kept upto date as a matter curtesy , not all this cloak and dagger shit that has dogged the industry for decades , where some considered power brokers have all the information but all the other plebs who are really the ones who prop the industry up just have to make do with any little crumb of information they deign to drop off the top table . 

Obviously you are one of the chosen ones seeing as you appear to know information regarding stakes , makes me wonder what other titbits you choose not to share .

And none of this is commercially sensitive , who are they competing with , it's an industry project , or are people thinking they are of such rare importance that only they should have this knowledge . They are fooling no one .

11 minutes ago, nomates said:

The thing is Mr Pitman , industry participants shouldn't have to go to anybody to get this information , an informative and transparent industry such as ours where participants are such an integral part of the industries success should be kept upto date as a matter curtesy , not all this cloak and dagger shit that has dogged the industry for decades , where some considered power brokers have all the information but all the other plebs who are really the ones who prop the industry up just have to make do with any little crumb of information they deign to drop off the top table . 

Obviously you are one of the chosen ones seeing as you appear to know information regarding stakes , makes me wonder what other titbits you choose not to share .

And none of this is commercially sensitive , who are they competing with , it's an industry project , or are people thinking they are of such rare importance that only they should have this knowledge . They are fooling no one .

Your comment "you appear to know information regarding stakes, etc"

Regarding stakes, It is public knowledge that there will be an announcement about Stakes being increased, I think the announcement is expected later this month or early June.

ARE YOU AWARE the TAB just gave a bonus of $5miilion  to be shared by the three codes, not sure exact amount but I guess galloping share is close to $2 million and it is up to the codes to decide what they do with it. If I am right NZTR have decided that will be used to increase stakes next season. Thats a titbit that is public knowledge!!

12 minutes ago, Pitman said:

Your comment "you appear to know information regarding stakes, etc"

Regarding stakes, It is public knowledge that there will be an announcement about Stakes being increased, I think the announcement is expected later this month or early June.

ARE YOU AWARE the TAB just gave a bonus of $5miilion  to be shared by the three codes, not sure exact amount but I guess galloping share is close to $2 million and it is up to the codes to decide what they do with it. If I am right NZTR have decided that will be used to increase stakes next season. Thats a titbit that is public knowledge!!

That's interesting in 2 ways , first the goss i got was that they were going to use it to build up a reserve , for what i don't know , secondly , we're talking 2 million , even if they put it into stakes it ain't going far , but i suppose some would talk it up as a success . Maybe $20mill would have been something to crow about .

As for the $5mill bonus payout , after a year of Covid where everyone was talking up how much was being spent on leisure activities  because of the lack of overseas travel , it would appear gambling whilst it did improve not to the extent of car boat dealers who ran out of stock and many other areas of NZ business , which boomed .

But i suppose every little victory has to be talked up .

29 minutes ago, nomates said:

That's interesting in 2 ways , first the goss i got was that they were going to use it to build up a reserve , for what i don't know , secondly , we're talking 2 million , even if they put it into stakes it ain't going far , but i suppose some would talk it up as a success . Maybe $20mill would have been something to crow about .

As for the $5mill bonus payout , after a year of Covid where everyone was talking up how much was being spent on leisure activities  because of the lack of overseas travel , it would appear gambling whilst it did improve not to the extent of car boat dealers who ran out of stock and many other areas of NZ business , which boomed .

But i suppose every little victory has to be talked up .

The $20million may be the next announcement, you never know

21 minutes ago, Pitman said:

The $20million may be the next announcement, you never know

Yea and i've won the 6mil lotto jackpot tonight , you never know .

The thing is what if it's not . 

The biggest problem is that outside of a few royalty nobody knows what the real situation is , everything is so cloak and dagger , and in my experience that only happens when businesses aren't travelling .

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1