Bit Of A Yarn

Jones

Hi everyone, Chief has asked me to keep posting until 1 July as new nom de plume rule doesn’t take place until then. Thought about it & after weaning myself off here, have thought ok, not breaking any rules in doing so. Have been given log in details for Joneseys account many thanks bud (who has also agreed to donating $10 to Jewels comp game), til 30 June then password will be changed. Ill post from this account til then. RIP account Karrots.

Lets try and get some positive talk going.

Amateurs champs - usually not into amateur races BUT we have a poster that is participating AND won the 1st race. (I find it fun to have something to follow). Whoop whoop. Congrats Fitzy. Nice work utilising those Camb corners 😁 Can Fitzy hold onto his lead after grabbing the top 6 points & be crowned the King of Amateurs? His main rival who is Queen of the Amateurs is on the 2nd fav while he is on the 3rd fav going into race 2 tonight. Go Fitzy. (Thought all amateurs drove well last nite). Like the idea they are doing re a good draw then a bad draw like with our Jewels draw game.

Speaking of Jewels final days to secure stake money for the Jewels. Ill be checking results between Italian Lad & Mighty Looee. The Lad has Nat on and whether you love her or hate her, there is no doubt about it she is soooo GOOD. Already in my top 5 drivers, think she might be promoted to my number 1 driver ahead of my fav Z Butcher. So TEAM Looee needs to on their game tonight.

Haha see the fun video they did with the horse I Can Doosit picking a sponsor winner, by choosing from feed bin. Very funny when he ran straight past all buckets so cute, thought it made the video, before a take 2 in a small paddock. GREAT CREATIVE IDEA TEAM CAMBRIDGE 👍 #ontoit

https://www.facebook.com/CambridgeRaceway/videos/509917743373870/

2 Jewels lead in races tonight nearly didn’t get off the ground, here is an interesting Lincoln Farms article about that. Great that they both did.

https://www.lincolnfarms.co.nz/stories/at-this-rate-therell-be-no-horses-left-here-ray-hot-on-near-canning-of-copy-that-race/

In other news, Covid jab is fine just get sore arm esp when putting pressure on it (tip, do opposite arm to writing arm). Feedback from approx 9 others that also have had jab same thing. Oh & a friend told me in weekend that a mate of theirs who is a property developer is targeting closed or closing tracks, specially 1 in particular.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Jones said:

Haha see the fun video they did with the horse I Can Doosit picking a sponsor winner, by choosing from feed bin. Very funny when he ran straight past all buckets so cute, thought it made the video, before a take 2 in a small paddock. GREAT CREATIVE IDEA TEAM CAMBRIDGE 👍 #ontoit

https://www.facebook.com/CambridgeRaceway/videos/509917743373870/

Welcome Jonesy !! Hey these things are great . The old Boy" I Can Doosit "wasn't gunna pick a tub while another horse galloping about the paddock like he would like to . What were they thinking ?? lol. 

I Can Doosit (whatta champ he is/was on the track !!)  picked Garrards Horse and Hound , a major sponser around Australasia. I trained a horse for the founder Chris Garrard  in Brisbane a while back . He'd often come around to the stable Sunday afternoon's like a lot of owners to check over there steeds and have a yarn, while you catch up on some shoeing or whatever.  Chris has sponsored $100,000 's into racing. an amazing man. His Grandson Angus Garrard started driving at 17 year's old, 2 years ago in Brisbane, and has 200 odd driving wins already.!! quite astounding . 7th on the senior drivers table last season. I gave Angus's dad Darren Garrard (who only drove for a short while, and now a current Brisbane trainer) one drive once on a horse of mine , and he won too. excellent.

Hope the needle jab settles for you Jonesy, Check out Sir Elton John doing the British Ad for vaccination on Youtube  It is super funny , as he loses out to Sir Michael Caine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jones said:

Hi everyone, Chief has asked me to keep posting until 1 July as new nom de plume rule doesn’t take place until then. Thought about it & after weaning myself off here, have thought ok, not breaking any rules in doing so. Have been given log in details for Joneseys account many thanks bud (who has also agreed to donating $10 to Jewels comp game), til 30 June then password will be changed. Ill post from this account til then. RIP account Karrots.

Well back mate. 

• Like 1

Go Karrots and Jonesy.  Appreciate your positive outlook!

As for the new rules - they aren't signed sealed and delivered yet!!!

Hopefully the HTNZ Exec will grow some balls and see that they don't need draconian rules over and above the laws of the land.  

One of the great things about Sport is having an opinion and expressing it.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Jones said:

Amateurs champs - usually not into amateur races BUT we have a poster that is participating AND won the 1st race. (I find it fun to have something to follow). Whoop whoop. Congrats Fitzy. Nice work utilising those Camb corners 😁 Can Fitzy hold onto his lead after grabbing the top 6 points & be crowned the King of Amateurs? His main rival who is Queen of the Amateurs is on the 2nd fav while he is on the 3rd fav going into race 2 tonight. Go Fitzy. (Thought all amateurs drove well last nite). Like the idea they are doing re a good draw then a bad draw like with our Jewels draw game.

7 points for Fitzy there Karrots/Jonesy. I think he'll  go back to back wins and be sitting on 14 points when they travel to Rangiora on Sunday for the final 2 heats. His draws start getting worse, so he better keep an eye over his shoulder as Sheryl Wigg closes in on him. She drives Dalness Fisrt in the last heat from a tricky 1 the 2nd line, but has tasted success on this horse recently on the same track, so ah will be looking for the same result come Sunday).

When will HRNZ put the current standings afterheat 1 onto their website?

Who you picking to be champ? remember they need some horsepower as well, the random driver draw may level things up a bit.

From the North Island Amateurs Facebook Page (Note: If your horse is scratched or you don't get a drive, you are allocates 2 points, otherwise 1st to 6th is : 7,5,4,3,2,1, 7th-last: Zero)

Points are as follows:
Andrew Fitzgerald 7
Frank Phelan 5
Sheryl Wigg 4
Neil Munro 3
Paul Wallace 2
Warren Rich 2
John Kriechbaumer 1
Alan Edge 0
Blair Wilmott 0
Cheree Wigg 0
Colleen Negus 0
James Brownlee 0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheHorseman said:

7 points for Fitzy there Karrots/Jonesy. I think he'll  go back to back wins and be sitting on 14 points when they travel to Rangiora on Sunday for the final 2 heats. His draws start getting worse, so he better keep an eye over his shoulder as Sheryl Wigg closes in on him. She drives Dalness Fisrt in the last heat from a tricky 1 the 2nd line, but has tasted success on this horse recently on the same track, so ah will be looking for the same result come Sunday).

When will HRNZ put the current standings afterheat 1 onto their website?

Who you picking to be champ? remember they need some horsepower as well, the random driver draw may level things up a bit.

From the North Island Amateurs Facebook Page (Note: If your horse is scratched or you don't get a drive, you are allocates 2 points, otherwise 1st to 6th is : 7,5,4,3,2,1, 7th-last: Zero)

Points are as follows:
Andrew Fitzgerald 7
Frank Phelan 5
Sheryl Wigg 4
Neil Munro 3
Paul Wallace 2
Warren Rich 2
John Kriechbaumer 1
Alan Edge 0
Blair Wilmott 0
Cheree Wigg 0
Colleen Negus 0
James Brownlee 0

Hey TheHorseman was thinking the same thing, re points. I was unable to locate them. Thanks for posting the points update 👍 

Hmm not sure re who will be the champ ... (I think I need to make my predication after tonights race hehe). Ill be rooting for Fitzy just as he is a poster on here. Tonight looking at horses, Happy Place, Hugo George, Kowhai Park (who got 3rd last nite), Lynton Creek, The Blue Beat who was a (bit unlucky last nite 6th), Prodical Pete (who got 2nd last nite), all seem like potential chances to me as well as Fitzy's drive. A few of these horses raced last nite. Oh yes see that in the final race re Dalness First, has good form, & with Wigg on to weave her magic no doubt. Maybe the winner will be decided upon in the last race. We shall wait & see 😄 Good luck to all. 

2 hours ago, Gammalite said:

Welcome Jonesy !! Hey these things are great . The old Boy" I Can Doosit "wasn't gunna pick a tub while another horse galloping about the paddock like he would like to . What were they thinking ?? lol. 

I Can Doosit (whatta champ he is/was on the track !!)  picked Garrards Horse and Hound , a major sponser around Australasia. I trained a horse for the founder Chris Garrard  in Brisbane a while back . He'd often come around to the stable Sunday afternoon's like a lot of owners to check over there steeds and have a yarn, while you catch up on some shoeing or whatever.  Chris has sponsored $100,000 's into racing. an amazing man. His Grandson Angus Garrard started driving at 17 year's old, 2 years ago in Brisbane, and has 200 odd driving wins already.!! quite astounding . 7th on the senior drivers table last season. I gave Angus's dad Darren Garrard (who only drove for a short while, and now a current Brisbane trainer) one drive once on a horse of mine , and he won too. excellent.

Hope the needle jab settles for you Jonesy, Check out Sir Elton John doing the British Ad for vaccination on Youtube  It is super funny , as he loses out to Sir Michael Caine.

So funny, watched it twice. Great story there Gamms. Oh jab has long settled. Very soon to get 2nd jab. You get 2. 2nd 1 is approx 3 weeks after the 1st.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Go Karrots and Jonesy.  Appreciate your positive outlook!

As for the new rules - they aren't signed sealed and delivered yet!!!

Hopefully the HTNZ Exec will grow some balls and see that they don't need draconian rules over and above the laws of the land.  

One of the great things about Sport is having an opinion and expressing it.

Thx Chief for your kind words & encouragement to come back til 30 June. Do hope they consider it this non de plume thing re owners.

Your submission you could just put from Chief Stipe BOAY. The new rule is aimed at such sites, so 1 would think they will pay attention to it. Jonesy has signed up for Karrots Jewels comp now too 😄

On that note speaking of Jewels boy is the 4 y-o boys heating up. Running at Camb, such a front running track gives the others a chance to take glory. Pembrooke Playboy, Kango, South Coast Arden, Copy That, Bad to the Bone. Draw so crucial. Makes it more exciting.

• Like 2

Points after tonights heat:

Andrew Fitsgerald - 12

Frank Phelan - 9

J.K. - 8

Sheryl Wigg 7

Paul Wallace - 4

Neil Munro - 3

Warren Rich - 2

Blair Wilmot - 1

Remaining four - nil points 

2 heats at Rangiora Sunday to complete series

• Like 2

Well The Horseman your not far off the mark there re point predictions heading into Rangiora.

Ok so for my prediction, I'm thinking, its now Fitzy crown to lose. Id be wary of F Phelan, J.K & also S Wigg. All with a chance to overthrow current leader. I'd focus on getting points any number of points for my final 2 drives. Oppose no points. And think both runners have a chance of picking up points. Any mistake will be costly to gaining any points. Eg Kamikazi driving, moving too soon, not moving at all. So Fitzy will have to pull out all stops and be the BEST he can be to take the win.

BUT that is what the comp is about. Who will take the 2021 Amateurs crown ?

A nice 2nd placing, well done Fitzy. Not sure on points update now, but maybe he is on 17 ... ? And maybe JK is on about 11 ish ... ? And maybe Phelan is on 10 ish? And Wigg remains on 7. Going into the final race. Which would mean its now down to Fitzy, JK & Phelan.