Bit Of A Yarn

Get on the phone Brodie! Minimum Bets!

Chief Stipe

Win for punters with change to minimum bet rules

Racing Queensland CEO Brendan Parnell. Photo: John Gass/ AAPRacing Queensland CEO Brendan Parnell. Photo: John Gass/ AAP
By Trenton Akers
06:07pm • 30 May 2021
Comments

Punters can expect “real markets” from the time they open with Queensland set to be the first state to force corporate bookmakers to adhere to minimum limits from the time markets open across all three codes.

The Courier-Mail can reveal Racing Queensland has written to wagering service providers informing them of changes to the general conditions of the racing product – which is currently due to expire on June 30.

While the limits remain unchanged, corporate bookmakers will be required to bet punters to lose $2000 on all metropolitan thoroughbred races and $1000 on non-metropolitan racing from the time markets go up from July 1.

The rules will also apply to harness and greyhound races with bookmakers forced to bet to lose $500.

Currently, minimum bet limits only come into play at 9am race day.

“From the moment operators release the final field markets, punters will be able to access the minimum bet limits,” Racing Queensland CEO Brendan Parnell said.

“This includes win and place options for all three codes.

“The introduction of minimum bet limits were warmly received by punters in Queensland and we anticipate that they will welcome the opportunity to access them from the moment the markets open.”

QLD_GCB_SPORT_PARNELL

Racing Queensland CEO Brendan Parnell at the Gold Coast Turf Club racetrack. Picture: Glenn Hampson

The rules will not apply to all-in or futures markets.

Currently it is common practice for corporate bookmakers to offer racing markets three days out from the races.

After undergoing significant consultation on the issue, Racing Queensland says it does not expect corporate bookmakers to put Queensland markets up slower than they currently are.

TopSport’s Tristan Merlehan applauded the move, saying he believes it will improve turnover on Queensland racing.

“It has been a blight on the industry where a certain set of customers weren’t able to have a bet until 9am on race day,” he said.

“It is discriminatory to them that there are markets up and it’s not a true reflection of the market price.

“Previously, you would have some places where the prices weren’t available to the general public and it would distort the market – horses would firm considerably when really nothing had been placed on them.

“Now when it happens, it can be a true reflection of the confidence in the marketplace because it could be anyone putting those bets on.

“It gives a bigger trading window where the dynamic aspect of the marketplace is open for a lot longer which I think is going to have a really positive impact on turnover which we know drives race fields.”

Victoria is currently trialling a similar proposal for thoroughbred racing, but is due to expire on December 31.BettingQLD

• Like 2

“ Discriminatory” Exactly!

Punters being treated not equally!!

Chief, very interesting, wonder if NZ follows?

Probably not as they do not understand what they are doing to the general wellbeing of racing in NZ,

Hopefully they will see the error of their ways and their flawed business practice that is costing them big turnover!,

Being restricted often to less than the cost of a couple of beers, you should be able to appreciate what some of the restricted punters in NZ have to endure!

• Champ Post 1

13 minutes ago, paleface adios said:

nothing better than betting on mile racing at menangle

Yes ,Form stacks up nicely and you know they have to accept your bets up to the set level.

Shame AS not operating out of there, it would be heaven for Gamma and i 😊

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

That option has been available in NSW for quite some time. Obviously 2k not enough for the Broadster

Actually 2k is not really enough however they are not offering $2k on NZ harness JJ!
Looks like $500 on harness!

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

For peeps with an IQ above 10 it is😃

Jj, just shows you then, that you can be very successful in life with a very low IQ doesnt it?

You clearly have a very high IQ, but very unsuccessful in life!

Thems the breaks!

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

“ Discriminatory” Exactly!

Punters being treated not equally!!

Chief, very interesting, wonder if NZ follows?

Probably not as they do not understand what they are doing to the general wellbeing of racing in NZ,

Hopefully they will see the error of their ways and their flawed business practice that is costing them big turnover!,

Being restricted often to less than the cost of a couple of beers, you should be able to appreciate what some of the restricted punters in NZ have to endure!

Ask @JJ Flash if it is going to happen in New Zealand.  He says he has all the inside TAB NZ info!

• Like 1
  • Fake News! 1

13 hours ago, Brodie said:

You clearly have a very high IQ, but very unsuccessful in life!

Your arrogance enhances your stupidity on this matter as you have no idea who i am or my life credentials. For one ,  i do not use forums to tell people how intelligent and well off i am 

I can see why Ranga likes to take pot shots and you and right on que the Chief joins with you- .Next it will be Noodlums so you can play happy trios

13 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

He says he has all the inside TAB NZ info!

I have said no such thing so that's a plain lie and you know it.

From time to time after LISTENING to those who are given TAB info, most of which is in the public domain, I may post on here about it.

You should try it sometime- listening that is

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Fake News! 1

16 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

I have said no such thing so that's a plain lie and you know it.

From time to time after LISTENING to those who are given TAB info, most of which is in the public domain, I may post on here about it.

You should try it sometime- listening that is

Do you really want me to quote the posts where you infer you have "inside info", are "in the know" or this beauty "I know the salary but can't say until it is public knowledge".

I guess your latest admission that you don't know and basically make it up is closer to the truth.

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Your arrogance enhances your stupidity on this matter as you have no idea who i am or my life credentials. For one ,  i do not use forums to tell people how intelligent and well off i am 

I can see why Ranga likes to take pot shots and you and right on que the Chief joins with you- .Next it will be Noodlums so you can play happy trios

FFS, JJ, it was YOU that firstly inferred that the Brodster has an IQ of under 10!

So I am more than happy to respond to your theory!

I do not need any support from anyone but we can all see that you need reassurance.

not playing silly games as it is hard work being successful with such a low IQ!

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Do you really want me to quote the posts where you infer you have "inside info", are "in the know" o

Please do- i'm sure it  will be  a sanitized version which suits this current bullshit of yours on this topic. As for  CEO salary i pm'd  Brodie with it at the time rather than go public as i was told in confidence- he will concur. Tell me i'm wrong about that FYG it came from another source of mine who is associated with TAB , i'm not 

3 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Tell me i'm wrong about that FYG it came from another source of mine who is associated with TAB , i'm not 

So you are confirming what I posted here:

15 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Ask @JJ Flash if it is going to happen in New Zealand.  He says he has all the inside TAB NZ info!