Bit Of A Yarn

amazing chase

wally

Currently the GRNZ has only the first of four heats available in their replays.

From what I see, I think Craig maybe have been hard done by...

51.1 The Lure shall be controlled so as to be positioned at all times during the running of a Race at a distance of not less than 5 metres and no greater than 8 metres ahead of the leading Greyhound.  However, the Steward(s) may permit a variance to such distance if he/she/they is/are satisfied that as a consequence of such variance no Greyhound has been substantially inconvenienced in running so as to affect the outcome of the Race.  

This sure doesn't look like 5 to 8 meters in the first corner of heat #1....

image.thumb.png.b6bf760e8ee4a04fedaaaaa5aff64ea6.png

It'll be interesting to compare the distance in the other heats once they are available.

Edited by Yankiwi

Guest CrossCodes

The whole thing was a bit of a yawn fest really.

The Roberts dogs never turned up with their A-game, the talk dog Pinny  Mack was subject to a bit of karma, and that left Paddy.

You took the words from my mouth CrossCodes, the amazing yawn. What a waste of industry funds for some glorified trials on behalf of Australian interests. The only good thing to come out of it was, the sole kiwi dog bred by Brent Johnson won it. Congratulations Brent Johnson.

• Like 4

On 28/07/2018 at 7:42 AM, aquaman said:

You took the words from my mouth CrossCodes, the amazing yawn. What a waste of industry funds for some glorified trials on behalf of Australian interests. The only good thing to come out of it was, the sole kiwi dog bred by Brent Johnson won it. Congratulations Brent Johnson.

its amazing how i think rozzo said cole bred it

Could make a movie about this Amazing Chase series I reakon, firstly the whole Pinny Mack saga from 'court case' to last chance trial, then exact same time in trial, drawn out of a hat then stumbles out of the boxes. (Which was a shame, was cheering for PM to go huge, unlucky Steve!)

Now you're talking about who bred Bigtime Paddy, if my memory serves me correctly wasnt his breeder incarcerated around the time of his birth? Then a nearby trainer and an extremely dodgy ex chairman of the board swooped in and filled in the required paperwork?? And the rest is history, history shrouded in controversy, as is often the case with GRNZ.

As for the action on the track, I loved the night, thought it had great drama and excitement, however I live in 2 worlds, the "greyhound world" AND the real world and let me tell you there was no cut-thru out in the real world whatsoever.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That Girl said:

Could make a movie about this Amazing Chase series I reakon, firstly the whole Pinny Mack saga from 'court case' to last chance trial, then exact same time in trial, drawn out of a hat then stumbles out of the boxes. (Which was a shame, was cheering for PM to go huge, unlucky Steve!)

Now you're talking about who bred Bigtime Paddy, if my memory serves me correctly wasnt his breeder incarcerated around the time of his birth? Then a nearby trainer and an extremely dodgy ex chairman of the board swooped in and filled in the required paperwork?? And the rest is history, history shrouded in controversy, as is often the case with GRNZ.

As for the action on the track, I loved the night, thought it had great drama and excitement, however I live in 2 worlds, the "greyhound world" AND the real world and let me tell you there was no cut-thru out in the real world whatsoever.

He took them to court I believe and won. Wonder if they had to repay him his fees

• Like 1

I still reckon Craig should challenge the results.

The JCA determined that Pinny Mac was eligible to "race" in NZ, yet here's where they got that oh so wrong.

GRNZ define "race", in the rules, as

• "Race means the competitive pursuit of a Lure by two (2) or more Greyhounds in a Greyhound race and includes a Heat, Consolation Race, Semi-Final or Final."

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Documents/MASTER GRNZ Rules of Racing 1st Feb 2018.pdf

Therefore, Pinny Mac was not eligible to "race" in NZ on/before the prescribed date, period, no matter what the JCA decided during their first go at it.... 

Why didn't the RIU point this out in the hearing???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

I still reckon Craig should challenge the results.

The JCA determined that Pinny Mac was eligible to "race" in NZ, yet here's where they got that oh so wrong.

GRNZ define "race", in the rules, as

• "Race means the competitive pursuit of a Lure by two (2) or more Greyhounds in a Greyhound race and includes a Heat, Consolation Race, Semi-Final or Final."

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Documents/MASTER GRNZ Rules of Racing 1st Feb 2018.pdf

Therefore, Pinny Mac was not eligible to "race" in NZ on/before the prescribed date, period, no matter what the JCA decided during their first go at it.... 

Why didn't the RIU point this out in the hearing???

i dont think it would matter they do there own thing a mate of mine has sent at least 8 emails to mauro and no response at all