Bit Of A Yarn

Teaz to return commentator box - Lets go Manawatu

14 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

According to @JJ Flash and TAB NZ the industry is rolling in it. $170m coming this year. 

More mistruths/quotes from you Doug . I said i believed the NZTAB  would distribute 170 mio for the 21/22 season- not this year as you put it. Now the Covid lock down may reduce that number but lets wait and see.

If they don't i'm sure as i pointed out elsewhere you will be delighted that you got something right and will be quick to put the boot into both me and anyone else who wanted to see an increased payout to the codes as originally forecast.

Edited by JJ Flash

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

More mistruths/quotes from you Doug . I said i believed the NZTAB  would distribute 170 mio for the 21/22 season

You really don't get it do you @JJ Flash - it is responses like that that diminish your credibility even more not that there is much left.  You are on a racing site - it is a given that we talk in terms of the racing YEAR i.e. from 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2022.  Did you write Cindy's latest bit of spin?  "we won't run out of vaccines we just need to reduce demand a bit".

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

If they don't i'm sure as i pointed out elsewhere you will be delighted that you got something right and will be quick to put the boot into both me and anyone else who wanted to see an increased payout to the codes as originally forecast.

No I won't be "delighted" - I'll be even more pissed off because I was right in saying that TAB NZ's fundamentals haven't changed and the hoopla was all bullshit and jellybeans.  I based that assessment on assessing the numbers they gave, extrapolating from the last full accounts that the industry stakeholders and analysing where the "extra" money was going to come from.  I provided a cogent analysis of the rationale behind my conclusion.  Unlike yourself who offered no analysis just a regurgitation of the marketing spin from your mates at TAB NZ.

Now something else that was missing in the spin was an analysis of how much of the new found gains would actually go to those that have real skin in the game - owners and trainers.  What are the business plans for NZTR, HRNZ and GRNZ?  We know that NZTR have already upped their operational costs hiring a Chief Operating Officer (why not a General Manager?) to do god knows what.  Plus a $2m new computer system - what value it will add to Trainers and Owners?  What it will do is add at least $200,000 to ongoing opex costs.

We'll need every cent of, what is currently only imaginary, $170m.  A big chunk will go towards AWT maintenance costs.  Meanwhile in real terms Thoroughbreds and Harness are racing for no more than what they raced for 15-20 years ago!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

You really don't get it do you @JJ Flash - it is responses like that that diminish your credibility even more not that there is much left.  You are on a racing site - it is a given that we talk in terms of the racing YEAR i.e. from 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2022.  Did you write Cindy's latest bit of spin?  "we won't run out of vaccines we just need to reduce demand a bit".

No I won't be "delighted" - I'll be even more pissed off because I was right in saying that TAB NZ's fundamentals haven't changed and the hoopla was all bullshit and jellybeans.  I based that assessment on assessing the numbers they gave, extrapolating from the last full accounts that the industry stakeholders and analysing where the "extra" money was going to come from.  I provided a cogent analysis of the rationale behind my conclusion.  Unlike yourself who offered no analysis just a regurgitation of the marketing spin from your mates at TAB NZ.

Now something else that was missing in the spin was an analysis of how much of the new found gains would actually go to those that have real skin in the game - owners and trainers.  What are the business plans for NZTR, HRNZ and GRNZ?  We know that NZTR have already upped their operational costs hiring a Chief Operating Officer (why not a General Manager?) to do god knows what.  Plus a $2m new computer system - what value it will add to Trainers and Owners?  What it will do is add at least $200,000 to ongoing opex costs.

We'll need every cent of, what is currently only imaginary, $170m.  A big chunk will go towards AWT maintenance costs.  Meanwhile in real terms Thoroughbreds and Harness are racing for no more than what they raced for 15-20 years ago!!!

Usual spin reply - you'd give Cindy a run for he money. Waste of time trying to fact check you as you are never wrong , like Cindy and her crew you could never admit it.

Saying the new  NZTAB fundamentals haven't changed is pure nonsense. they are now a purely gambling/Trackside operation. I'll let others decide , you know their the ones who want Trackside radio and  the old terminals here there and  everywhere to decide if anything's changed.

I'm wondering what you would say if they do distribute 170 mio. I'm sure you would weasel out of your above comments in some way, its the way you operate.

Not so long ago you were mocking them and their bank debt wondering  how any bank would lend to them , its now been revealed that they have actually paid off some of the 35 mio debt and the rest has been extended by ASB but of course that wont suit your cause/narrative either.

I'm sure another attack with lots of verbage is on its way but your playing by yourself on this one. 

28 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Usual spin reply - you'd give Cindy a run for he money. Waste of time trying to fact check you as you are never wrong , like Cindy and her crew you could never admit it.

When have I been wrong?  Shall we run a @JJ Flash vs @Chief Stipe fact check?  BTW we are hijacking @Karrotsisback aka @Karrots thread so perhaps you could start a new one?

Saying the new  NZTAB fundamentals haven't changed is pure nonsense. they are now a purely gambling/Trackside operation.

LOL......pray tell what WERE they BEFORE?  A sausage roll consumer?  Woops they still are that.

I'll let others decide , you know their the ones who want Trackside radio and  the old terminals here there and  everywhere to decide if anything's changed.

No you are showing a complete lack of understanding of the core market which isn't surprising going on your sycophantic praise of TAB NZ.  What the core market wants is readily available access to punting, a fair price for the product and information channels that keep them informed of their favoured sport.  What do they get instead?  Disenfranchisement.  A hard to use online app, pay per view TV or a data hogging high definition video stream on a smart phone or a PC.  Add to that a bunch of social media millennials get better prices and bailouts for their punting farces further poking a stick in the eye of the CORE business.

Not so long ago you were mocking them and their bank debt wondering  how any bank would lend to them , its now been revealed that they have actually paid off some of the 35 mio debt and the rest has been extended by ASB but of course that wont suit your cause/narrative either.

FFS do you have a written comprehension problem?  Hell you accuse me of misquoting you and then you come up with this one.  The bank lent to them because the Government BAILED them out with taxpayers money (well technically they just printed some more) to pay off the screaming creditors!!!  They didn't trade their way out of anything!!!  That bailout occurred BEFORE Covid-19.  

As for the ASB giving them an extension - what else were they supposed to do?  Write it off?  The couldn't actually put a caveat over any assets because the TAB doesn't have any!  They have already sold all the silver.  

I'm sure another attack with lots of verbage is on its way but your playing by yourself on this one. 

You betcha and I'll keep on until I see real change occurring instead of nothing more than the same old same old by the same old same old.  That said the last remaining remnants of passion for the industry I've been involved in for 45 years is but embers.

Let's see how many likes this post gets shall we?

Here's a challenge for you - I'll set up a Blog on BOAY and give you access to that to publish your views on where the industry is at and where it is going.  I'll do the same which will be different to yours no doubt and we'll see who garners the most support.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

- it is a given that we talk in terms of the racing YEAR i.e. from 1 August 2021 to 31 July 2021.  Did you write Cindy's latest bit of spin?  "we won't run out of vaccines we just need to reduce demand a bit".

Bloody short year Chief

Chief only said that to Brods as out of 4 recent threads Iv started, he hijacked 3 with politics. Its fine when peeps do it occasionally, as I do it too sometimes. But when its 75% of the time & on politics not racing, hence I pointed it out.

Im still unsure about the answer to question re Tight Budget, but why would they communicate this to Teaz as recent as in the past few days, well to be factual the day I started up this thread!

Last thought for an idea without giving up hope, just right now, if it was me,

I would approach Mana Club & offer discounted training on 1 horse for them, they have got 2 so far that they syndicate. This horse to be aimed at Mana meetings. Could even help them with searching for a 3rd horse on Gavel or thru contacts. Not much else to do atm in level 3-4.

Have to approach with a give/take,

Hopefully if get their backing re on condition you be their commentator 21/22.

Then go to HRNZ, tell them you have the backing of Mana & you would like to return to the commentator box 21/22 Mana. Then if get HRNZ backing too, then go back to TAB.

If along the way, you are meet with a hostile response, or not reasonable response if it is negative, I would then reconsider your long term future in the game.

Edited by Karrotsisback

Oh dear, think a fight maybe on the horizon, so with that my final words on this thread.

Teaz,

You bring more to the table than the other commentators,

Your enthusiasm is contagious,

And your support with Juniors e.g. supporting Southern Jnr drivers to come up North hasn’t gone un-noticed to those that are more perceptive than others.

Nite all

snoop dogg peace GIF by BET Hip Hop Awards

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Chief only said that to Brods as out of 4 recent threads Iv started, he hijacked 3 with politics. Its fine when peeps do it occasionally, as I do it too sometimes. But when its 75% of the time & on politics not racing, hence I pointed it out.

Im still unsure about the answer to question re Tight Budget, but why would they communicate this to Teaz as recent as in the past few days, well to be factual the day I started up this thread!

Last thought for an idea without giving up hope, just right now, if it was me,

I would approach Mana Club & offer discounted training on 1 horse for them, they have got 2 so far that they syndicate. This horse to be aimed at Mana meetings. Could even help them with searching for a 3rd horse on Gavel or thru contacts. Not much else to do atm in level 3-4.

Have to approach with a give/take,

Hopefully if get their backing re on condition you be their commentator 21/22.

Then go to HRNZ, tell them you have the backing of Mana & you would like to return to the commentator box 21/22 Mana. Then if get HRNZ backing too, then go back to TAB.

If along the way, you are meet with a hostile response, or not reasonable response if it is negative, I would then reconsider your long term future in the game.

Karrots, I have got attention deficit syndrome, so that is why I can not stick to the one topic!

The Home Detention that Ardern has put many into is far more relevant at the moment to Harness Racing!
If this control from the Ardern Commie Party continues much longer then most things are stuffed.

What is going to stuff Ardern, is the fact that Pfizer is not going to be the answer to her problems, quite the opposite.

Watch this space as she comes to terms with a mediocre virus just like Dan The Man Andrews is in Victoria!
Pfizer is going to go down in NZ history as a total lemon and the continued crap coming out from the media to get your jab is just puke material.

People think they  are heroes for getting a jab in their arms for NZ!

they actually need to do their homework rather than listen to Ardern who has a track record of  100% success at failure of everything she has tried to do.

Edited by Brodie

18 hours ago, Rangatira said:

I am worried your soap box is no longer elevating to the required height to be taken notice of. 

Ranga, it is up to people to educate themselves!
However, if people are prepared to listen to a government that has failed at everything they have attempted, then I say you are pretty stupid.

There is enough out there to show that you should be seriously looking at what is going in your  body!

Your choice.

Lol. Is there anything this totally incompetent lot can do right?

Muslim shooter just out of prison and cops are monitoring as known to be Isis nutter!

FFS should’ve been sent back to Sri Lanka like the Ozzie’s do, but no be kind to Muslims.

Ardern just covers everything up.

MIQ absconder but that is under control!

Money being printed is only doing one thing.

More homeless more inequality more BS from the most transparent government we ever had blah blah blah

• 4 months later...
On 31/08/2021 at 5:33 PM, Brodie said:

Better still, Teaz could do Auckland when it reopens?

Would not have to put up with the Magicman, The Chief, Ribbon of Light, all dressed up blah blah blah!

Jason Teaz actually tips better as well for the punters not the $2 shots.

For some reason he is out of favour with the TAB, and I know what that feels like!

Aaron sensational prior to the 9th at the dishlickers.

Keeping us informed re the pending A main at the bowl of 🌶 chilli 🌶 in the states

Such an all rounder this bloke and a snappy dresser to boot !!!!

download.jpeg

• Confused 1