Bit Of A Yarn

Last BIG Place Punt Challenge, similar rules as before but slightly different - ALL WELCOME

I told you I could stop a train! Up by 10 at halftime. Thought was impossible to lose. No changes in our shooting circle to blame. Got to hand it to the England team, they sure have a never say die attitude

My saving grace was knowing how many injuries the Makos had, and seeing Waikato at $4

However I'll stop one of the League, Rugby or Australian Rules favourites, you wait and see

There's absolutely no chance I'll ever become Restricted

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Results Fri’s fun selections.

Trotsfan beats the odds $500 up finishing on $1500. Well done Trotsfan.

Myself yikes only 1 hit. Out by $300 hundy ouch. Finishes on $699.99.

After Cyadoit, misses. Was a bit of a weird one. Went forward, then back, then forward again when it was too late.  A bit like that song (Forth, Forth, Back & Forth). Never mind. Bit unlucky got pumped out 4 wide.

Poster M, how did that happen re netball. S Ferns were up by what thought was a winning margin. Should have won. So under goes the sports multi.

Lucky for Poster M & I its just practice.

How good were the Lous last nite NZ. Think 4 ish starters for 2 wins! Miss Montana & Darling Me & 2 very close up 4ths. Plus in USA had a Little Brown Jug winner in Lous Pearlman. Said it before & will say it again, next year & the year after will see the raise of both the Lou’s & The Telfers. Its starting already.

How good was Darling Me. Bam like that past Stylish M. She’s a nice racehorse now. Not just a horse beckoned for the broodmare paddock there Davis hehe. And so good she is in a stable that won’t have her play 2nd fiddle to current top Bettors Twist. Be interesting to see them come up against each other again with that sprint on her.

Over to Aussie wow how good was The Dream! Watching replay this am sooooo good! That wins shows me that there is nothing dodgy going on at Cullen/All Stars. They just have had the horse power, numbers, team driving & great drivers as well as obviously top trainers.

The Dealer, so tough the wee fella. Good run 3rd. Looking forward to see how Sugar Me goes in Derby. Go Sugar Me & The Dealer.

Never had a go last night,simply too busy, would I try the big place bet theory on the big grass track, hard to know.

As for the guy with his sports multi, picking 5 results never easy,that's why you have the any 3 or 4 winners options.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mikie said:

I told you I could stop a train! Up by 10 at halftime. Thought was impossible to lose. No changes in our shooting circle to blame.

Should we try our hand as a combined effort & see if we can get Powerball tonight, 16 million up for grabs.

I guess that a number between 1-9 will come in 😄

Now we just need to get the 5 other numbers + Powerball.

Who’s taking next guess?

(Important note - Poster M to chose some numbers, then we just take all the OTHER NUMBERS lol).

Poster M - switched channel re netball, when saw up by a BIG margin. Had made note that you got your 1st multi netball league in.

Checked results this a.m & what. Had to change notes for post! Yip shooters are so important. Interesting, as coach is usually pretty good with changing out during game, when not performing. That is part of her usually winning strategy.

15 hours ago, Mikie said:

Leave out 1,2,3. 12.13.14. 19,20,21. 29,30,31. 39,40

😂

Well Poster M, 40 came out. No-one got the lotto mega million train last nite. It explodes up to 18 million + 1 million so 19 mil total. Wow who the lucky punter will be that gets that ...

Trotsfan suggested he would lay down selections today, he is currently in 1st position for new place punt winner of week. Today is the last, last big place punt challenge. Mikey NZ might have another crack ... Will he gripe onto crown from last week ... or is Trotsfan going to take it from him. 

Weather is a bit wishy washy up here, over-nite rain. Wonder what its like down there for it ...  Will it be a front runners track today ….  Will they go wide ….  Daylight savings started & think it might be 1st grass track meeting of the season ... 

Edited by Karrotsisback

Off topic but not sure where to put this, & as checking out other results not just lotto, looking for Spirit of St Lou (Spirits) result & 2nd. 

Watched race & noted the winner Majestic Cruiser - had more stamina than Spirit yet come wider & sustaining his run longer than Spirit. Yet kept going Spirit 2nd. Hmm ok.

So check out winners credentials born 2014 so 7 about to be 8, next notice straight away an unusual racing pattern.

No wins for ages. Then once transferred recently to Grimson & win, win, win, win in a row. And against top open class horses.

Edited by Karrotsisback

3 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Well Poster M, 40 came out. No-one got the lotto mega million train last nite. It explodes up to 18 million + 1 million so 19 mil total. Wow who the lucky punter will be that gets that ...

Trotsfan suggested he would lay down selections today, he is currently in 1st position for new place punt winner of week. Today is the last, last big place punt challenge. Mikey NZ might have another crack ... Will he gripe onto crown from last week ... or is Trotsfan going to take it from him. 

Weather is a bit wishy washy up here, over-nite rain. Wonder what its like down there for it ...  Will it be a front runners track today ….  Will they go wide ….  Daylight savings started & think it might be 1st grass track meeting of the season ... 

Karrots

I picked 14 numbers

My odds of getting 4 drawn out of 7 were about 95% at a rough guess

I got 1

And I managed to stop the Storm, and nearly the All Blacks

I still hold the mantle of the worst tipster on BOAY

• Haha 1

Ok here are 3 place picks

Race 8 4 Scared Stiff at 3 30 FO

Race 9Rockonroll Diva at 3 30 FO

Race 10  Beyond the Horizon at 4.

No top 4 options today I notice.

Let's say 1000 place on all.only one needed to win, the one I would be most confident of winning is the trotter but the grass track is a different kettle of fish so the other two, unknown quantity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

Karrots

I picked 14 numbers

My odds of getting 4 drawn out of 7 were about 95% at a rough guess

I got 1

And I managed to stop the Storm, and nearly the All Blacks

I still hold the mantle of the worst tipster on BOAY

Picking comp yesty on other site,for yesty picks I got last,well I did beat 3 or 4 but they never posted any picks lol yet day before did well.

As for lotto I have had the misfortune once of getting five numbers and being one off with the other  you cant get closer than that.😒

• Like 1

I think I see 1 for today

I looked after Pay Me Visa for Andrew Stuart for a month and he bolted in, in the Otaki Cup on a big grass track

Today he’s in a Junior Drivers race at $10 in B a field nowhere near as good as the Otaki Cup field

However, I guess that was 6 years ago😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

As for lotto I have had the misfortune once of getting five numbers and being one off with the other  you cant get closer than that.😒

Wow that sucks! Iv had 5 too ONCE. All 5 out in a row, then waiting & wanting number 16 to come out BUT it was number 12. So not as close as your 1 final number being 1 off, mine was 4 off. Super excitement had built right up, to suddenly NOT. Can only imagine how you felt! Maybe one day for us hey Mikey NZ.

Know multiple groups of peeps friends of friends that have won Lotto, not Powerball. So peeps do win it. 1 lady a friend of a friend had been taking the same numbers for approx 10 years. And finally her lucky numbers came out. 

Thanks Mikey NZ & Poster M for putting selections in, will announce winner tonite or tomorrow. No sign of Trotsfan. 

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

I think I see 1 for today

I looked after Pay Me Visa for Andrew Stuart for a month and he bolted in, in the Otaki Cup on a big grass track

Today he’s in a Junior Drivers race at $10 in B a field nowhere near as good as the Otaki Cup field

However, I guess that was 6 years ago😂

And I stop another horse

• Haha 1

Results

Mikey NZ - Scared Stiff 4th, as you specifically stated no Top 4 options, but there was today. You poss wanted to go that option. So will give to you @2.00 BUT its still not enough to beat, 

Trotsfan - who walks away with the BOAY selections Place Punt CROWN as his paid $3.00. Congrats!

Poster M - Going to be the voice of reason. No more selections games. Guna have to take it away. No more stopping sports teams, horses & lotto numbers 😅

Winners:

Round 1 Gospel

Round 2 Mikey NZ

Round 3 Trotsfan

With exceptional performances from Unhinged & Gospel who both beat the odds in great fashion, in both rounds they participated in.

The BIG PLACE BOAY PUNT IS OFFICIALLY OVER

Buster Keaton The Blacksmith GIF by Maudit

There was no top 4 option when I was picking these three, none at Tauranga gallops either,however history now, if I was a serious punter then unlike Addington on Fridays probably would not have taken those bets, grass track is popular with punters, lots of good price winners, only trouble is finding them and backing them, not easy.

That lotto miss was in the days when the division 1 was around the 1.3 million every week, no one won so maybe if I'd got the win will never know if I would have got the lot, I've had 5 numbers about 10 times but that 5 out of 7 not 5 out of 6.

As this was a  betting on the place thread another form of betting that is similar is betting on football, its 24 and 7, games on all the time, betting on overs and unders, that goals, it looks easy but as with horse you can get tripped up by one one or two bad results.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

That lotto miss was in the days when the division 1 was around the 1.3 million every week, no one won so maybe if I'd got the win will never know if I would have got the lot, I've had 5 numbers about 10 times but that 5 out of 7 not 5 out of 6.

Wow 5 out of 7, 10 times! Thats lucky. Mine was only ONCE. Got 5 out of 6 needed to win 1 million. Didn’t pay that much either less than $1k as its only 3 division. Division 2 is when get bonus ball plus 5 numbers thats usually worth approx $20-40k

Talking about Punting - lotto vs race punting, its funny how hypocritical many people are.

Watch the masses flock to get their Powerball tickets this week til the pot is hit. Lines will likely be formed, the mainstream news will talk about it, already started as being a BIG DRAW.

Yet these same people most likely will have a bad - negative attitude toward punting on horses. Hypocrites!

Feel horse punting, has a bad rep, looked down on with distaste YET hello, Lotto, is accepted & popular. So POPULAR in fact it was NUMBER 1 TOP OVERALL GOOGLE SEARCH IN NZ in 2017 - “Lotto result NZ" !

Screen Shot 2021-09-27 at 12.13.00 PM.png

Edited by Karrotsisback

Strange as it is I don't buy power ball, like even if my 6 numbers come up what are the odds of getting 1 out of ten, I do buy a lucky dip if it gets a bigger pool, there is a reason why it never gets struck anyway

Maybe horse racing needs some bigger prizes to get people more interested, like it can't be as hard to win as lotto but you still need to spend a bit to win a bit, but as in all gambling nothing is certain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

Strange as it is I don't buy power ball, like even if my 6 numbers come up what are the odds of getting 1 out of ten, I do buy a lucky dip if it gets a bigger pool, there is a reason why it never gets struck anyway

Maybe horse racing needs some bigger prizes to get people more interested, like it can't be as hard to win as lotto but you still need to spend a bit to win a bit, but as in all gambling nothing is certain.

Exact same here Mikey NZ, never get a Powerball, only like you do, when a BIG pot comes up. Otherwise just stick to Lotto.

Again agree if Lotto is so popular then try to think of a way to get more engagement for racing.

No idea how to do that.

But yes these BIGGER POTS are def what stimulate the masses take part - including YOU & I ! lol