Bit Of A Yarn

Last BIG Place Punt Challenge, similar rules as before but slightly different - ALL WELCOME

19 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

Hey Ranga,

Cool thanks for that. Got it. Oh dear. I missed that lol. Just watched that race you put up. I see. Yeah ok.

That + Ned K + the heated debate that went on for 2 weeks Saginaw + Karrots & Ranga having a crack at each other lol. Could be too draining for him. He likes your racing input too, so prob didn’t like seeing you & I go hoof for hoof. But hopefully we can be fine now. Now it is all out & done with.

Come in Gamms, Ranga & I await.

Sites quiet. Miss your input.

Who wins the Hannon? How is Pembroke P getting on these days? Has his formed slipped or been stagnant or is he on the improve? Remember Easter Cup & after that run, thought with time, which is like now, should be on the improve & be a NZ Cup genuine chance, but hasn't really done much since. Or has that been due to bad luck draws ... ? I dunno. Haven't been following him. Anyone?

Edited by Karrotsisback

Cool thanks Trotsfan & Poster M for Having A Go. Wonder where Have A Go has gone, maybe he could participate.

Ill take your scores tomorrow & announce the winner & those that bet the odds.

Found Gamms, he's involved in a heated debate he got called a Ftard, terrible.

Not ideal calling posters that in any case let alone when 1 is running for Mayor.

I get a vote.

Like some ideas that were put forward etc, but that def is off putting. No more checking that site out, yikes. Worse argue, argue than here.

Edited by Karrotsisback

23 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Gamms you are rather quiet. I spy Ned Kelly starts Sunday. 

Will you be on him again or give it a miss & stick to the Hannon?

Speaking of Hannon who will win? You going for Classie B?

Last ditch effort to try to get Gamms to stop playing the ignoring game.

Here is a good interview by J Turner with R Dunn, talks about Classie B, Henry H & Ned Kellys chances today.

Also explains Ned Kellys behaviour problems. Is a very nervous horse. “If he can get him out & away to lead be hard to beat”. Dunn.

Also explains how Classie gets cunning lol, in his veteran age & switches off close to home. See Pembroke P has been installed fav by bookies.

Final call for those wanting to join selections game.

https://www.hrnz.co.nz/news/classie-brigades-attempt-to-go-back-to-back-in-hannon-memorial/

On 18/09/2021 at 8:43 AM, Karrotsisback said:

Gamms you are rather quiet. I spy Ned Kelly starts Sunday. TAB form comments about NK.

Win or bust type with his best draw this time in. Shouldn't be underrated.

Will you be on him again or give it a miss & stick to the Hannon?

Speaking of Hannon who will win? You going for Classie B?

Galah recall you saying recently to watch out for Kiwi X Factor, well it won last nite. Were you on it?

You have a good memory karrots. Yes i did back it,was an ideal race for it,although also backed gliding bye in the same race.So a nice profit without it being too much as the price it only paid $4.70. I think katherine in the last today is the one to back. Its much better handicapped today,so lets hope its driven to take advantage of that. Also jimmy cannon looks a winner if he goes away,but that is a risk given his manners. Maybe the home track might help like last time he raced down there.

Gammalite said he was having a wee break while doing jury service.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Rangatira said:

Yes i watched that.

The stipes over there have opened an inquiry and adjourned it.I would imagine a long holiday coming. 

From what i've seen of her driving,i think it was just a dumb as drive,and she was actually trying.

I've seen a lot of her driving,and she would have to rate in the worst 2 or 3 tactically over there.

If you follow queensland harness racing it would probably pay to follow her horses once they put her out. She must have had a break a month or so ago as all her horses came into form when she wasn't driving,but its gone back to shaking your head stuff now shes back. I actually did back one she drove at redcliffe that day,pacific coin and it happened to win,but even that one should have won a lot easier. Cheddar made betta is one that would win as soon as she gets a holiday.

42 minutes ago, the galah said:

You have a good memory karrots. Yes i did back it,was an ideal race for it,although also backed gliding bye in the same race.So a nice profit without it being too much as the price it only paid $4.70. I think katherine in the last today is the one to back. Its much better handicapped today,so lets hope its driven to take advantage of that. Also jimmy cannon looks a winner if he goes away,but that is a risk given his manners. Maybe the home track might help like last time he raced down there.

Gammalite said he was having a wee break while doing jury service.

Thx Galahs for update.

Will put you into comp couldn’t find Jimmy Cannon, think possibly mean Jimmy Carter ….

Has to be place so top 2 $1.70

+ top 2 Katherine @ $2.40

$1500 on each.

Jury Duty Iv done that before. This caucasian couple were on trial for fraud, taking benefit payments when not entitled. Was obvious they were guilty. But a couple of fellow jurors were arguing saying maybe not. So frustrating.

They fled the country during the trial. That was the end of Karrots Jury Duty.

The memory thing didn’t realise it was as sharp until started posting on here. Sometimes it comes as a picture, sometimes just remember. Its quite the trick to have.

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 9:36 PM, Karrotsisback said:

And that is a wrap for tonight. Some EXCELLENT RESULTS. With 3 posters beating the odds!

Current leader is Mikey NZ, so if no-one puts forth selections for Sunday then we have a new reining champ with both his selections coming in & based on dollars jumps ahead of Unhinged.

Final points/dollar scores tonight:

Mikey NZ $7200

Unhinged $5800

Gospel $5000

Karrots $0 (needs more practice on South horses)

I like the look of me being a reigning champ, never seems to transfer to real life but that's life.

When one actually looks at it probably punting on place bets like these games is probably the least risk way to  make some coin, was listening to senz yesty afternoon and the guy from the TAB was reading off all the big bets, all for the win and probably most of them didn't, with the top3 or top4  they seem like good ways to accumulate, trying to pick the first three or four or pick 6 sure has a higher return but less likely return anything.

Betting on the fixed odds though if you won too often too easily then the TAB would restrict you, winners don't earn them money, losers do

4 o clock for me this morning, that's even late by  my standards but as I say there is plenty of sport on the other side of the world to follow,.

In keeping in line with the thread I'm gunna sort out some picks for Oamaru, not so confident at Oamaru, Addington form is pretty consistent really.

• Like 1

Poster M joins Karrots on $0. We might have top Maths scores, but we have gone down, downtown in this weeks, Big place Punt game of thrones challenge. Gospel sat atop the throne, as Mikey NZ starts to dust it off. Will it be his at the end of the day … ? (Agree Mikey NZ, place punt is less risk - but then have to risk more $ only thing - but yes agree).

1 of BOAYS professional punters Galahs finally participates in 1 of our selection games strikes with a victory for his 1st selection Jimmy Carter, however can only take top2 odds not winning odds, as per conditions of game. Scores $2250

Next race we see Trotsfan with his 1st up selection. Mikey NZ goes in for another crack (can take top finishing score of either days), Karrots would too, but just doesn't know these horses. 

As we await the big dance. Who wins Pembroke Playboy, Classie B, Henry H, Vintage C, Laver, ALL in with a chance. 

20 minutes ago, Karrotsisback said:

Next race we see Trotsfan with his 1st up selection. Mikey NZ goes in for another crack 

Going to give Trotsfan a Top 4 finish for participation @ $2 so $2000, it was paying well more than that Top 4 finish. Top 4 was a good find. You are on the board mate. Gotta give Mikey NZ a challenge. 

Mikey NZ again chops thru with his 1st selection come in paying $2.30 so bounces to $2300. 

Look at the lil Lou go. Impressive in Cant Find a Bettor Man. Has the big white blaze & the Lou white eye too. Too good as he bolts in 3 races in a row.

Trotsfan strikes with a place in that same race top3, now sits at $4500, however with calculations even if his final selection comes in it will NOT be enough to topple current leader. Neither will Galahs final selections at a top 2 place oppose a win bet.

Spatchcock in race 9 is the only to potential come out on top. With a big plunge $3k on Apatchofgold @ $2.70 = $8,100. We await.

Final results of all will be posted at End of Final race for those that beat the TAB odds for the week.

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Like 1

Final results from today Mikey NZ $6400

Trotsfan $4500 with allowed top 4 extra punt

Gala $5850

Poster M $0

Spatchcock $0

Thank you to those that took the time today to play, yes there are some, well 1 Ranga that came on this thread, BUT did not participate. Poster M, Spatchcock & myself just need a lil more practice, but that is what this thread is for. We can aim to improve.

As we went for the doctor choose just 1. Seems better to take multiple runners. That way if you have a miss can counter for it.

So we have a new winner.

Congrats to Mikey NZ takes the crown. WELL DONE MIKEY NZ! Along with ALSO selecting ALL 3 again today total $6400. But his total other day over $7k takes the victory.

Congrats also as a reminder to Unhinged & Gospel for betting the odds & Galahs & Trotsfan.

Seems Ranga is contradicting himself as per usual just wanting to shit stir coming at me YET again. Disappointing to say the least, after thought we had sorted it & in his words “hope so” re moving on.

Not interested in toxicity. Want to talk about our common interest horse racing on here, as per this is a racing forum. Also thinking of others that read this site.

Some people need to take feedback in, whether directly or indirectly, I do & have. Seems others can’t.

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Michael said:

I lost on purpose

I didn't want to become Restricted

Ok, well selection nearly got in Top 4 as put forth, just got passed in last 15 ish metres & only 0.3 seconds behind 4th place getter.

After securing the perfect run in trail from its barrier 1. Thought it might get up, nearly did.

Forgot to mention to Gamms that Ned K won. Lucky for owners they didn’t give up on him & send off somewhere.

Was surprised the stripes questioned his “IMPROVED” run, as trainer clearly stated in pre-interview wanting to lead & if so would then be hard to run down & also explained his behaviour patterns which effected his previous races.

Edited by Karrotsisback
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Karrotsisback said:

Ok, well selection nearly got in Top 4 as put forth, just got passed in last 15 ish metres & only 0.3 seconds behind 4th place getter.

After securing the perfect run in trail from its barrier 1. Thought it might get up, nearly did.

Forgot to mention to Gamms that Ned K won. Lucky for owners they didn’t give up on him & send off somewhere.

Was surprised the stripes questioned his “IMPROVED” run, as trainer clearly stated in pre-interview wanting to lead & if so would then be hard to run down & also explained his behaviour patterns which effected his previous races.

I’m NZ’s most terrible tipster, I took Aussie to beat South Africa at the weekend but for some inane reason I took 1-12 at $4.50 instead of just the win at $3.50

Of course they won by13

Anyone need a horse stopped I’m your man I could stop a train 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Trotsfan said:

Had a look at addington tonight 

Race 5 Champagneandwine $500 @ 3.00 top 3

Race 11 Taurus Bromac $500 @ 2.90 top 4

will post some for the mot on sunday morning

Haha so much for last big punt game, but yeah we can keep this thread going until its dead lol.

Only since you have thrown some guesses in Ill join ya Trotsfan.

Like 2 in Race 2 - Misti Gaynor $2.10 top 3

And also Pampelonne $2.10 top 3

As can’t decide between the 2 above will take both lol.

Cya do it in race 6 - Top 3 @ $2.30

See you are playing with just $1k this time =

Splitting the 3 be $333.33 on each runner lol.

24 minutes ago, Mikie said:

$1000 NZ Netball/Rabbits/Storm/Aussie Rugby/NZ Rugby = $5121.53

Sorry Karrots, they aren't horses but at least I joined in!

All good Poster M. Will try to keep an eye on your sports multi to see if it comes in & yip big UPS to you for joining in for fun.

After race 2, Im on the board with $699.99 as Mitsi Gaynor gets 3rd.

Results Fri’s fun selections.

Trotsfan beats the odds $500 up finishing on $1500. Well done Trotsfan.

Myself yikes only 1 hit. Out by $300 hundy ouch. Finishes on $699.99.

After Cyadoit, misses. Was a bit of a weird one. Went forward, then back, then forward again when it was too late.  A bit like that song (Forth, Forth, Back & Forth). Never mind. Bit unlucky got pumped out 4 wide.

Poster M, how did that happen re netball. S Ferns were up by what thought was a winning margin. Should have won. So under goes the sports multi.

Lucky for Poster M & I its just practice.

How good were the Lous last nite NZ. Think 4 ish starters for 2 wins! Miss Montana & Darling Me & 2 very close up 4ths. Plus in USA had a Little Brown Jug winner in Lous Pearlman. Said it before & will say it again, next year & the year after will see the raise of both the Lou’s & The Telfers. Its starting already.

How good was Darling Me. Bam like that past Stylish M. She’s a nice racehorse now. Not just a horse beckoned for the broodmare paddock there Davis hehe. And so good she is in a stable that won’t have her play 2nd fiddle to current top Bettors Twist. Be interesting to see them come up against each other again with that sprint on her.

Over to Aussie wow how good was The Dream! Watching replay this am sooooo good! That wins shows me that there is nothing dodgy going on at Cullen/All Stars. They just have had the horse power, numbers, team driving & great drivers as well as obviously top trainers.

The Dealer, so tough the wee fella. Good run 3rd. Looking forward to see how Sugar Me goes in Derby. Go Sugar Me & The Dealer.