Bit Of A Yarn

Cambridge Wednesday

50 minutes ago, nomates said:

Can't see the Govt going for it myself , if racing is shut down again or severely hampered then we have to be up for some compensation , considering how much money has gone into keeping business and industry going then surely the racing " INDUSTRY " is entitled to the same .

It's getting the same isn't it? Resurgence payments, wage subsidies etc.

32 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

If the Waikato goes to Level 3 then they can still have race meetings but behind "closed doors". 

What will screw it all is if Auckland stays at 4 and Waikato goes to 4.

I'd say that's an even money fave. Rest of the country possibly level 3 by Friday.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

No way.  That would be ludicrous.  

Why? Unless they give up on the elimination strategy and they can't really do that. Auckland hospitals are already stretched. They have to stick with the go hard go early otherwise and this is probably worse than the case we started with which put the whole country straight into level 4. Lot wil depend on what eventuates in the next 3 or 4 days I guess,

8 minutes ago, curious said:

Why? Unless they give up on the elimination strategy and they can't really do that. Auckland hospitals are already stretched. They have to stick with the go hard go early otherwise and this is probably worse than the case we started with which put the whole country straight into level 4. Lot wil depend on what eventuates in the next 3 or 4 days I guess,

Nup.  They'll go 4 for AKLD one more week and 3 Waikato for two weeks.

Rest level 2.

As for the hospitals being already stretched.  Time we bit the bullet on that one.  FFS Waikato DHB has already cancelled non essential surgery in the Waikato and consultancy!  WTF for?

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Essentially (another Adern word) we are moving to managing the number of cases in step with our hospital inventory.  We should have been doing that since March last year.  The same approach as the WHO pandemic strategy and which Sweden followed.  

This does appear to be a bit of a shift in that direction. Hopefully the Mangatangi area outbreak proves to be isolated and contained there and we may be ok.

18 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Imagine the queue's tomorrow at KFC in Auckland!!!

What is the obsession with queuing for miles for KFC,it is good but really,I've only had KFC about once in 18 months, I do eat chook but as I hardly go to town much that don't make it easy.

Tried that KFC hot and spicy, it was hot but apart from that didn't excite me.

As for Cambridge gee day one on the new track was a momentous occasion, now hardly even gets noticed, just another day of industry, I bet most of the people who went were probably one day wonders.