Jump to content
Bit Of A Yarn

The inside info thread


Recommended Posts

I was going to start this thread last week but never got around to it . A thread to put out any info someone has on a horse that could be worth having a nibble at , or a horse that they fancy , just a bit of fun , no recriminations on those putting a horse out there .

Joe and Gamma have the jam from over the ditch and have both provided some useful info over the last few weeks .

So as i said just a bit of fun and hopefully we can get the odd gem and make a little bit of dosh .

Cheers

  • Champ Post 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I will start , i had a small share in a filly , Miss Balvenie , who earlier this year had looked very smart in jumpouts and a trial and was being set for the Matamata Breeders , unfortunately got sold , i was the only one who wanted to race , anyway now with T Dabirnig and won on debut at Murtoa 3 weeks ago , was a 2.10 fav and spanked them by 5l on a heavy track which she didn't look comfortable on but was all but untouched , it's in the last at Ballarat today 1200 mtr mares and fillies race , drawn 5 and on a good surface which i think is what she much prefers , anyway has opened fav and is in to 4.2 .

If she is as good as i think she is she should be winning this , big step up from a Murtoa mdn but they way she won says she is better than country class . 

She ran 4th in her trial but should have won , 1st and 2nd was El Vencedor and Roca Fundeeda , both winners this spring , both have raps on them , so the form from the trial is sound .

So if you have a nibble good luck .

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

She'll win better races than that! Note, Murtoa is bush, look at the track, good winter going and a great sole of grass, if Bernie and the boys had their way, it would be closed down......Note, Peter Moody and Linda Meech used to travel their for a raid and education many years ago, some very good horses started their careers on that Murtoa track.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

For those that got some of Kahma Lass a few weeks ago she has to be worth a few dollars on Saturday , at 18's , drawn 1 so if she can get a nice soft run in midfield and some luck in the straight i think she will give a sight .

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

My  value pick FWIW is  at Flemington Kallos no.7 R7 Coolmore @11 and 3.50 currently.

Won impressively last start , going thru the race i just kept going back to Artorious , not convinced he stayed a mile and i wonder if he is just a sprinter so i think 8's is good value .

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can't knock In The Congo but apparently he didn't put in at his last trial.

Tough field and Flemington is a different track altogether from Rosehill or Randwick.  The Clock Tower is a fair way from the winning post!

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nomates said:

Won impressively last start , going thru the race i just kept going back to Artorious , not convinced he stayed a mile and i wonder if he is just a sprinter so i think 8's is good value .

Has beaten Anamoe,so has the class...400m drop back a slight worry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

You can't knock In The Congo but apparently he didn't put in at his last trial.

Tough field and Flemington is a different track altogether from Rosehill or Randwick.  The Clock Tower is a fair way from the winning post!

Game horse ,as you say different track...hugged the rail ,never covered ground Sydney...not in my top 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Game horse ,as you say different track...hugged the rail ,never covered ground Sydney...not in my top 3.

FFS has been the equal of Anamoe and not likely to cover any extra ground in a straight six at Flemington!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

FFS has been the equal of Anamoe and not likely to cover any extra ground in a straight six at Flemington!

Don't try too hard...never said it did.

Most people know first time down the straight 6 can be tricky-often the draw means alot.

Of course ITC hasn't won at 1200m.

As for being the equal of Anamoe....you're pulling like a private schoolboy...Anamoe has won a Guineas and has a 2nd in the CP.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, holy ravioli said:

Don't try too hard...never said it did.

Most people know first time down the straight 6 can be tricky-often the draw means alot.

Of course ITC hasn't won at 1200m.

As for being the equal of Anamoe....you're pulling like a private schoolboy...Anamoe has won a Guineas and has a 2nd in the CP.

Geez remind me not to sign up to your tipping service.  Are you sure you aren't @Thomass out of drag?

He was narrowly beaten by Anamoe in the Grp2 Run To The Rose at......wait for it....1200m.

Then beat Anamoe over 1400m in The Golden Rose Grp1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Geez remind me not to sign up to your tipping service.  Are you sure you aren't @Thomass out of drag?

He was narrowly beaten by Anamoe in the Grp2 Run To The Rose at......wait for it....1200m.

Then beat Anamoe over 1400m in The Golden Rose Grp1.

Don't know why you are obsessed with Thomas..AFAIK...he has an extensive knowledge of racing.

You confirm that ITC has NOT won at the distance he is entered for on a track he has not raced on.

If you had a poll of who is the better horse Anamoe or ITC...who you say is his equal ,I am very confident the overwhelming result would be ANAMOE!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

If you had a poll of who is the better horse Anamoe or ITC...who you say is his equal ,I am very confident the overwhelming result would be ANAMOE!

FFS only based on his last two starts which In The Congo didn't compete in.

3 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

You confirm that ITC has NOT won at the distance he is entered for on a track he has not raced on.

He's won at 1100m and 1400m so does an average work for you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Don't know why you are obsessed with Thomas..AFAIK...he has an extensive knowledge of racing.

Just pointing out the similarities between the way you pick horses.  I guess you are one of his subscribers.

I also question his "extensive knowledge" being all that current based on his constant repetitive posting of shyte that happened two decades ago.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chief Stipe said:

Just pointing out the similarities between the way you pick horses.  I guess you are one of his subscribers.

I also question his "extensive knowledge" being all that current based on his constant repetitive posting of shyte that happened two decades ago.

I do not offer or subscribe to a tipping service.

What similarities have you observed?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Ex NZ mare Belle Plasier is in R5 at Cranbourne today , has had 2 starts in Aus for 2 cracking runs , this mare grows another leg when track are rain affected and she gets a heavy track today , already in from 14's to 7.5 .

Going to be a tuff day with the rain coming in at both Tauranga and Riccarton . One horse that was mentioned in a thread a few weeks ago , Saignon Hot Nights is is the last at Riccarton , will appreciate the rain , at 51's could be worth a gold coin .

I like Madame du Soir in the cup , goes on any surface and form is on the improve and should have no issue with the distance , good race last week so at 17's i'll have a little bit on her .

Going for And We Danced for an upset in the fillies race , rain shouldn't be an issue and she is shortening in the betting , and should be vastly improved after her first up run . Imperatriz will be tough tho , seen her win at Otaki last year on a heavy track so she should be fine with rain .

Good luck .

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...